GMSDB is a database system written entirely in GML that can be used in any kind of project requiring a simple solution to store and retrieve organized data.
With GMSDB you can easily perform basic CRUD (create,read,update,delete) operations on a database table while applying custom filters, sorting, limits, offsets, calculations and joins on the result set.
- Doesn't require any external extension like DLLs etc.
- Comprehensive and flexible query system
- Ability to sort, filter, limit, offset and join your query result
- Load and save the whole database or specific table to file
- Import and export table data from and to CSV file to be use with excel
- Well commented code and extensive documentation
- Get started with the included examples showing how to build a simple highscore and inventory system
- Includes some useful generic CSV parsing scripts
Function reference, getting started and installation
Uploaded March 24 2016
read this before upgrading an existing project from 3.0 to 3.1
- New: added db_table_column_add and db_table_column_remove
- New: multi column sort. You can now sort query results by two or more columns
- New: Ability to return records represented as a ds_map, with column names as keys. The following functions have been added to this purpose: db_record_fetch, db_record_fetch_all, db_record_save, db_record_build
- Changed: db_query_select can now return a ds_list of record ids if only the "id" column is provided as argument
- Changed: db_record_rnd now requires a second argument telling how many random record ids you want to return. If more than one, a ds_list is returned
- Changed: db_record_update now accepts multiple columns and values to be updated at once
- Changed: db_cl_sort arguments have been changed to accept multiple column. Arguments are now structured as follows: db_cl_sort(query,"column_name:asc", ["column_name:desc"],...)
- Changed: db_table_create columns need to be specified as "column:type" instead of "column|type"
- Improved general performance of queries
- Improved the included examples
Version 2 (discontinued)
Edited by Catan, 25 March 2016 - 12:49 PM.