Photo

Gamemaker: Studio Now Exports To Ubuntu!

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#51 The Legend

The Legend

Unashamed

• GMC Member
  • 1132 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

Yaaaay, more exports!! :woot:

But could you guys give a little more attention to fixing and rebuilding the sandbox? It could become a great place to showcase each others games! It would be even better if you set it up so that we can opt to have ads on our game pages and get portions of the revenue for that!

#52 theweirdn8

theweirdn8

Unrivaled Legend

• GMC Member
  • 4108 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

Praise Jesus!

[My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard]

2h2fg3c.png

#53 Mr. RPG

Mr. RPG

GMC's Forum Troll

• GMC Member
  • 3227 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate the hard work you guys are putting into Game Maker to make it number one, I just wish you guys would slow down. I currently have game maker set to where it only updates "safe" updates. However once I finally got over it nagging me (a few days later) I installed the "safe" update.

Now the graphics bug out on my game that has over a year of work put into it. As far as I know, my partner has already bug reported it. I guess my point is I would rather have stability over functionality. I know I can always downgrade to get it back to the way it was, but man, it's really disappointing watching 16x16 sprites splitting in half etc, or backgrounds tweaking about and bouncing all around. Especially right around the time we are supposed to have a trailer done. (GDC is in a few days, and our boss wanted one)

All in all; thanks so much for the wonderful product. Thanks again for the free updates etc, and thanks for making Game Maker what it is today. Just please slow down or give game maker a "patch back" option so we don't have to uninstall and re-install whenever we update.

Thanks guys!

SLOW down? SLOW down?

No, I say keep trucking along boys! Let's push 1.2 out this month! Posted Image

What's the point of moving forward if you're tearing up the road behind you? It's illogical; If they are going to release updates, they shouldn't be breaking old features; Period. When a game can't be released due to graphical errors caused by the new update, I think that's a good way of knowing they should slow down.

That's very, very true! That just means they need to work even faster to get those big nasty bugs out of the way!

So get rid of that baby truck and get a huge monster truck! Posted Image

#54 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8808 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

Praise Jesus!

Until such time that Sandy starts signing weekly pay cheques to Jesus, I think that thanks and praises should be directed at Mike, Russell and the rest of the YYGs development and support team.

Plus I also think that Jesus prefers Unity.

If the Bible truly is inspired by God, you would think that somebody as omnipotent and all-knowing would have known to get his message out using TCP instead of UDP.

#55 Mercator

Mercator

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

You should be saying it publishes to Linux. GNU/Linux != Ubuntu.

#56 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8808 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

You should be saying it publishes to Linux. GNU/Linux != Ubuntu.

The Ubuntu export, is designed to work with Ubuntu.

While the exported games are likely to work on a lot of other Linux distributions, they are not guarenteed. Changing the name to the more generic Linux is likely to cause problems for YYGs should somebody purchase the export that it work with their particular Linux distribution and it does not.

If the Bible truly is inspired by God, you would think that somebody as omnipotent and all-knowing would have known to get his message out using TCP instead of UDP.

#57 Criminon

Criminon

Final Element

• GMC Member
  • 193 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate the hard work you guys are putting into Game Maker to make it number one, I just wish you guys would slow down. I currently have game maker set to where it only updates "safe" updates. However once I finally got over it nagging me (a few days later) I installed the "safe" update.

Now the graphics bug out on my game that has over a year of work put into it. As far as I know, my partner has already bug reported it. I guess my point is I would rather have stability over functionality. I know I can always downgrade to get it back to the way it was, but man, it's really disappointing watching 16x16 sprites splitting in half etc, or backgrounds tweaking about and bouncing all around. Especially right around the time we are supposed to have a trailer done. (GDC is in a few days, and our boss wanted one)

All in all; thanks so much for the wonderful product. Thanks again for the free updates etc, and thanks for making Game Maker what it is today. Just please slow down or give game maker a "patch back" option so we don't have to uninstall and re-install whenever we update.

Thanks guys!

SLOW down? SLOW down?

No, I say keep trucking along boys! Let's push 1.2 out this month! Posted Image

What's the point of moving forward if you're tearing up the road behind you? It's illogical; If they are going to release updates, they shouldn't be breaking old features; Period. When a game can't be released due to graphical errors caused by the new update, I think that's a good way of knowing they should slow down.

That's very, very true! That just means they need to work even faster to get those big nasty bugs out of the way!

So get rid of that baby truck and get a huge monster truck! Posted Image

There is a bit of logic to what you're saying. I'm just worried they have hit their limit in terms of moving quickly, and being able to fix bugs. I think I'll do a recording of how bad some of these graphical bugs are. While I agree linux is a huge step forward, and it opens up a lot of new doors for GM, I feel like it almost sacrificed windows, which was the main thing that game maker was intended to do. All in all, I just like to complain though. I'm sure eventually they will fix it.

#58 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8808 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:15 AM

There is a bit of logic to what you're saying. I'm just worried they have hit their limit in terms of moving quickly, and being able to fix bugs. I think I'll do a recording of how bad some of these graphical bugs are. While I agree linux is a huge step forward, and it opens up a lot of new doors for GM, I feel like it almost sacrificed windows, which was the main thing that game maker was intended to do. All in all, I just like to complain though. I'm sure eventually they will fix it.

This is compete hogwash.

A few years ago, the development team was just Mike and Russell.

As they've been expanding the capabilities of Game Maker, they've also been re-investing the earnings into more development staff. While it was true a few years ago that YYGs had tough decisions to make between new development and supporting existing code, they're larger team now makes it more realistic to development new stuff, while supporting existing products.

Yes, we recently had what some would consider a distasterous release, but that wasn't because of the Ubuntu release. It was an unanticipated consequence of a performance improvement.

http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=574038

The good news is that lead to a performace boost that all platforms will benefit from.

#59 BDMarvel

BDMarvel

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 335 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

Steam need to add the module to all existing MASTER collection owners, we'll nudge them on Monday....

That is good news.  I'm not in a hurry for the module (wasn't even expecting it when it showed up in the news), but I wasn't sure if there was something I needed to do on my end that I wasn't understanding.  Thanks for the clarification. :)

gmc_sig.pngen_generic_rgb_wo_60.png

"There is nothing which has yet been contrived by man, by which so much happiness is produced as by a good tavern or inn." - Samuel Johnson

#60 Mike.Dailly

Mike.Dailly

Evil YoYo Games Employee

• Administrators
  • 5277 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

I believe Steam Mast Collection users should now have the Ubuntu module.  :thumbsup:

#61 PhillipFry

PhillipFry

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:20 AM

I believe Steam Mast Collection users should now have the Ubuntu module.  :thumbsup:

Just checked and I did receive my Steam Master Collection Ubuntu export module.  Thanks so much for getting that sorted out!

#62 Criminon

Criminon

Final Element

• GMC Member
  • 193 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:44 AM

This is compete hogwash.

A few years ago, the development team was just Mike and Russell.

As they've been expanding the capabilities of Game Maker, they've also been re-investing the earnings into more development staff. While it was true a few years ago that YYGs had tough decisions to make between new development and supporting existing code, they're larger team now makes it more realistic to development new stuff, while supporting existing products.

Yes, we recently had what some would consider a distasterous release, but that wasn't because of the Ubuntu release. It was an unanticipated consequence of a performance improvement.

http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=574038

The good news is that lead to a performace boost that all platforms will benefit from.

It doesn't matter how the bug happens. If I have to uninstall and re install just so we can make a trailer for a game, it's a bit ridiculous. If they slow down on the updates and release them when they really work, it would be no different from it screwing up my game until they fix the problem. The only difference is I have to get annoyed with having to look at sprites glitching out all over my screen while I'm working. I don't know. Maybe I'm just ranting and it's only happening to my team's project. Who knows, lol.

Edited by Criminon, 20 March 2013 - 10:25 AM.

#63 pwyskowski

pwyskowski

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:57 AM

I still haven't received the Ubuntu on Steam.  I have Master Collection.

I bought all of the modules before October 31st to get upgraded to Master Collection.

My regular install says Master Collection but my steam version says Professional Edition.

I had my licence re-sent to my email address in hopes of a Steam key for Ubuntu to fix things but no such luck.

Do I need to contact Steam support or is there something I need to do through YoYoGames?

Anyways, I am really excited about the new module.  Thank you YoYoGames for everything you are doing! :-)

#64 gearmex

gearmex

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:11 AM

I still have not received Ubuntu pack in Steam, i bought directly from Steam Master Collection. My Steam edition also says Professional version, it never has said Master Collection in it, i bought it direct, didnt upgrade from free version if i remember correct (Had too good discount that could not pass up :P that time) *Edit today 22nd of March, still have not received my Ubuntu Package, this is starting to be not cool, it was released in 13th...and nowhere sight of the module im entitled for.

Edited by gearmex, 22 March 2013 - 03:46 AM.

#65 SarahAndrea Royce

SarahAndrea Royce

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:13 AM

I received it on Steam only today. Could have been worth though, and I'm quite happy with this added functionality.

#66 BDMarvel

BDMarvel

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 335 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:10 AM

I do indeed have the module now. :)  I'm glad to know that any future modules should be automatically added like this rather than having me enter a code for DLC or something.

gmc_sig.pngen_generic_rgb_wo_60.png

"There is nothing which has yet been contrived by man, by which so much happiness is produced as by a good tavern or inn." - Samuel Johnson

#67 theweirdn8

theweirdn8

Unrivaled Legend

• GMC Member
  • 4108 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:11 AM

Jeepers we got it to work on Arch Linux and thus our new system.

2h2fg3c.png

#68 xlordt_97248

xlordt_97248

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 156 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

Is there a list of dependecies that the game will require once its compiled and ready to run on ubuntu? Or can someone run ldd on a game

and paste it please. I think it would be really informative to see this, at lest for me since I will be reinstalling linux to my new hdd today.

Thanks.

#69 pwyskowski

pwyskowski

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 195 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

I still haven't received it in Steam.  I also had my licences resent to my email address again and there is not a steam key for the ubuntu module listed either.

#70 Mike.Dailly

Mike.Dailly

Evil YoYo Games Employee

• Administrators
  • 5277 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

I'll ping steam and let them know... But if nothing happens, you'll need to get in touch yourself.

#71 theweirdn8

theweirdn8

Unrivaled Legend

• GMC Member
  • 4108 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

Any 3D game ports?

2h2fg3c.png

#72 gearmex

gearmex

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:24 AM

I still haven't received it in Steam.  I also had my licences resent to my email address again and there is not a steam key for the ubuntu module listed either.

Just got it...So confusing in Steam use software, never buy from them again Software...EVER. When you buy Master Collection from Steam it says Professional Edition...also modules are not named correctly it seems.. when you list modules in About us it show these:

Mac OS X

iOS

Android

HTML5

Windows

Windows

Windows Phone 8

Steam Workshop

Windows 8 (Javascript)

but i noticed separately now that if you click on Target (where you want to make the application to) There have Ubuntu. Also i feel bit unfair that outside of Steam, who purchase, people get both Steam and normal keys, we buy the same software anyways, wouldn't it be same to give for Steam buyers get same keys (independent and Steam version) is not anything away from GMC still, would only be a service to the customers, same pocket the money goes anyways that we paid for.

Edited by gearmex, 23 March 2013 - 06:04 PM.

#73 wagdog

wagdog

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

I think there are two sides to the Steam equation; for one, you can watch for sales (which seem frequent) and get a heck of a deal on games and at one point, GameMaker.

On the other hand, the developers do not have control on how fast Steam rolls out your update. This is much like how the Apple store works.

I buy games all the time on Steam and will continue to do so, but for applications, I'll pretty much stick with getting it straight from the source whenever possible.

Anyway, getting the Ubuntu (and linux) export from YoYo was a big surprise for me. I'm definitely happy about it.

Three Liter Games

Kitty Flyer (FREE!) - Flappy Bird like game:

iOS: iTunes App Store

Android: Google Play!

Lunar Commander:

Android: Google Play

Linux: Lunar Commander Linux - (free - direct download)

HTML5: http://www.johnnywag.com/lchtml5/ (play free in your browser!)

Lunar Commander Lite (FREE!):

#74 BrianHorror

BrianHorror

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 218 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:17 AM

Very cool. I just had a friend ask about this today.

#75 Jeggy94

Jeggy94

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

Is there a list of dependecies that the game will require once its compiled and ready to run on ubuntu? Or can someone run ldd on a game

and paste it please. I think it would be really informative to see this, at lest for me since I will be reinstalling linux to my new hdd today.

Thanks.

I installed Lunar Commander from the Ubuntu Software Center, and ran this command

jeggy@jeggy-XPS:/usr/share$ ldd /opt/lunar-commander/LunarCommanderLinux
	linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xf7733000)
	libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 (0xf7621000)
	libz.so.1 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libz.so.1 (0xf7608000)
	libXxf86vm.so.1 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXxf86vm.so.1 (0xf7601000)
	libGL.so.1 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1 (0xf75a3000)
	libopenal.so.1 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libopenal.so.1 (0xf754e000)
	libm.so.6 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libm.so.6 (0xf7522000)
	librt.so.1 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/librt.so.1 (0xf7519000)
	libX11.so.6 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6 (0xf73e2000)
	libcurl.so.4 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libcurl.so.4 (0xf737f000)
	libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1 (0xf7361000)
	libc.so.6 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0xf71b7000)
	/lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xf7734000)
	libXext.so.6 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXext.so.6 (0xf71a5000)
	libglapi.so.0 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libglapi.so.0 (0xf718e000)
	libXdamage.so.1 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXdamage.so.1 (0xf718a000)
	libXfixes.so.3 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXfixes.so.3 (0xf7183000)
	libX11-xcb.so.1 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libX11-xcb.so.1 (0xf7180000)
	libxcb-glx.so.0 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libxcb-glx.so.0 (0xf7168000)
	libxcb.so.1 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libxcb.so.1 (0xf7145000)
	libdrm.so.2 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libdrm.so.2 (0xf7138000)
	libpthread.so.0 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0 (0xf711d000)
	libdl.so.2 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2 (0xf7118000)
	libidn.so.11 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libidn.so.11 (0xf70e5000)
	liblber-2.4.so.2 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/liblber-2.4.so.2 (0xf70d5000)
	libldap_r-2.4.so.2 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libldap_r-2.4.so.2 (0xf7084000)
	libgssapi_krb5.so.2 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgssapi_krb5.so.2 (0xf7047000)
	libssl.so.1.0.0 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.0.0 (0xf6ff1000)
	libcrypto.so.1.0.0 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.1.0.0 (0xf6e46000)
	librtmp.so.0 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/librtmp.so.0 (0xf6e2a000)
	libXau.so.6 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXau.so.6 (0xf6e26000)
	libXdmcp.so.6 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXdmcp.so.6 (0xf6e1f000)
	libresolv.so.2 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libresolv.so.2 (0xf6e08000)
	libsasl2.so.2 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libsasl2.so.2 (0xf6ded000)
	libgssapi.so.3 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgssapi.so.3 (0xf6db0000)
	libgnutls.so.26 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgnutls.so.26 (0xf6cec000)
	libgcrypt.so.11 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcrypt.so.11 (0xf6c68000)
	libkrb5.so.3 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libkrb5.so.3 (0xf6b9a000)
	libk5crypto.so.3 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libk5crypto.so.3 (0xf6b72000)
	libcom_err.so.2 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libcom_err.so.2 (0xf6b6c000)
	libkrb5support.so.0 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libkrb5support.so.0 (0xf6b63000)
	libheimntlm.so.0 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libheimntlm.so.0 (0xf6b5b000)
	libkrb5.so.26 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libkrb5.so.26 (0xf6ada000)
	libasn1.so.8 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libasn1.so.8 (0xf6a3b000)
	libhcrypto.so.4 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libhcrypto.so.4 (0xf6a06000)
	libroken.so.18 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libroken.so.18 (0xf69f1000)
	libtasn1.so.3 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libtasn1.so.3 (0xf69df000)
	libp11-kit.so.0 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libp11-kit.so.0 (0xf69cb000)
	libgpg-error.so.0 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgpg-error.so.0 (0xf69c6000)
	libkeyutils.so.1 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libkeyutils.so.1 (0xf69c1000)
	libwind.so.0 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libwind.so.0 (0xf6998000)
	libheimbase.so.1 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libheimbase.so.1 (0xf6989000)
	libhx509.so.5 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libhx509.so.5 (0xf6944000)
	libsqlite3.so.0 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libsqlite3.so.0 (0xf6896000)
	libcrypt.so.1 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libcrypt.so.1 (0xf6864000)

android-app-on-google-play-01-logo.png

#76 xlordt_97248

xlordt_97248

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

Thanks.

I installed Lunar Commander from the Ubuntu Software Center, and ran this command

jeggy@jeggy-XPS:/usr/share$ ldd /opt/lunar-commander/LunarCommanderLinux
	linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xf7733000)
	libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 (0xf7621000)
	libz.so.1 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libz.so.1 (0xf7608000)
	libXxf86vm.so.1 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXxf86vm.so.1 (0xf7601000)
	libGL.so.1 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1 (0xf75a3000)
	libopenal.so.1 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libopenal.so.1 (0xf754e000)
	libm.so.6 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libm.so.6 (0xf7522000)
	librt.so.1 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/librt.so.1 (0xf7519000)
	libX11.so.6 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6 (0xf73e2000)
	libcurl.so.4 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libcurl.so.4 (0xf737f000)
	libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1 (0xf7361000)
	libc.so.6 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0xf71b7000)
	/lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xf7734000)
	libXext.so.6 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXext.so.6 (0xf71a5000)
	libglapi.so.0 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libglapi.so.0 (0xf718e000)
	libXdamage.so.1 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXdamage.so.1 (0xf718a000)
	libXfixes.so.3 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXfixes.so.3 (0xf7183000)
	libX11-xcb.so.1 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libX11-xcb.so.1 (0xf7180000)
	libxcb-glx.so.0 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libxcb-glx.so.0 (0xf7168000)
	libxcb.so.1 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libxcb.so.1 (0xf7145000)
	libdrm.so.2 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libdrm.so.2 (0xf7138000)
	libpthread.so.0 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0 (0xf711d000)
	libdl.so.2 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2 (0xf7118000)
	libidn.so.11 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libidn.so.11 (0xf70e5000)
	liblber-2.4.so.2 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/liblber-2.4.so.2 (0xf70d5000)
	libldap_r-2.4.so.2 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libldap_r-2.4.so.2 (0xf7084000)
	libgssapi_krb5.so.2 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgssapi_krb5.so.2 (0xf7047000)
	libssl.so.1.0.0 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.0.0 (0xf6ff1000)
	libcrypto.so.1.0.0 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.1.0.0 (0xf6e46000)
	librtmp.so.0 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/librtmp.so.0 (0xf6e2a000)
	libXau.so.6 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXau.so.6 (0xf6e26000)
	libXdmcp.so.6 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXdmcp.so.6 (0xf6e1f000)
	libresolv.so.2 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libresolv.so.2 (0xf6e08000)
	libsasl2.so.2 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libsasl2.so.2 (0xf6ded000)
	libgssapi.so.3 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgssapi.so.3 (0xf6db0000)
	libgnutls.so.26 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgnutls.so.26 (0xf6cec000)
	libgcrypt.so.11 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcrypt.so.11 (0xf6c68000)
	libkrb5.so.3 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libkrb5.so.3 (0xf6b9a000)
	libk5crypto.so.3 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libk5crypto.so.3 (0xf6b72000)
	libcom_err.so.2 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libcom_err.so.2 (0xf6b6c000)
	libkrb5support.so.0 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libkrb5support.so.0 (0xf6b63000)
	libheimntlm.so.0 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libheimntlm.so.0 (0xf6b5b000)
	libkrb5.so.26 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libkrb5.so.26 (0xf6ada000)
	libasn1.so.8 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libasn1.so.8 (0xf6a3b000)
	libhcrypto.so.4 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libhcrypto.so.4 (0xf6a06000)
	libroken.so.18 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libroken.so.18 (0xf69f1000)
	libtasn1.so.3 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libtasn1.so.3 (0xf69df000)
	libp11-kit.so.0 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libp11-kit.so.0 (0xf69cb000)
	libgpg-error.so.0 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgpg-error.so.0 (0xf69c6000)
	libkeyutils.so.1 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libkeyutils.so.1 (0xf69c1000)
	libwind.so.0 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libwind.so.0 (0xf6998000)
	libheimbase.so.1 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libheimbase.so.1 (0xf6989000)
	libhx509.so.5 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libhx509.so.5 (0xf6944000)
	libsqlite3.so.0 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libsqlite3.so.0 (0xf6896000)
	libcrypt.so.1 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libcrypt.so.1 (0xf6864000)

Love you for this man, thanks.. now I know what I need before trying anything out... also would it be ok if you posted a package up so I can run a few test on it and post all required packages to run gm games? Thanks again.

Edited by xlordt_97248, 25 March 2013 - 04:48 PM.

#77 xlordt_97248

xlordt_97248

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

nm I took the upgrade deal :D

#78 wagdog

wagdog

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 282 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

Love you for this man, thanks.. now I know what I need before trying anything out... also would it be ok if you posted a package up so I can run a few test on it and post all required packages to run gm games? Thanks again.

That's awesome that Jeggy did that. :thumbsup:

You can download Lunar Commander Linux from the link in my sig, or from ubuntu store - direct port of my iOS and Android game to Linux, done with gamemaker studio.

Three Liter Games

Lunar Commander:

#79 Jeggy94

Jeggy94

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

I am trying to make a list of available games for Ubuntu, but i only have 2 on the list at the moment: http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=574436

android-app-on-google-play-01-logo.png

#80 David Batty

David Batty

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 189 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

So is this going to show up in the next update (I'm on Masters edition)? Or do we have to re-enter our license or some such thing to get it to appear?

You have to update your licence in Studio, it then appears on the list of targets.

#81 land of games

land of games

han solos friend

• GMC Member
  • 470 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

OK we state Ubuntu as we do not have the resources to support every Linux variation under the sun - but the executable should work on any Linux that can use the Ubuntu x86 executable binary image - we are looking to make the packaging better so it is actually the debian packaging format that we use (which it turns out is what the Ubuntu store actually uses behind the scenes, as we suspected)...

Russell

So most debian based distros then? Cool. Or wouldd they have to be post Ubuntu based?

I have returned.

#82 theweirdn8

theweirdn8

Unrivaled Legend

• GMC Member
  • 4108 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:23 AM

I agree one of.the best updates and export options added.

I made mention of this in our WIP-Console newsletter newest issue via http://us5.campaign-...9&id=74882465a1

2h2fg3c.png

#83 wagdog

wagdog

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 282 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

Two weeks and over 1500 Linux downloads of my game!

Agreed, one of the best export add-ons to gamemaker yet!

Three Liter Games

Lunar Commander:

#84 ShadowCat

ShadowCat

GMC Member

• 16 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:32 AM

Truly awesome! I think with more changes such as these, Game Maker will be one of the greatest development tools! =D

Keep it up~!

1zmh5d4.jpg

~Rawr~ Hey!, Check out my game, Sushi Survival! I'd deeply appreciate it if you played and rated it ='D.

#85 powersgames

powersgames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:09 PM

cool :woot:

I am a code wizard, a source-erer :sorcerer:  <powgms>