Major update to Parakeet!
I realise there'll be split feelings toward this, but this is how it's gonna be from now on - it's for the best, both for you, the user, and me, the developer.
The download links in my signature and in this topic won't change from now on.
I've implemented an auto-updater in Parakeet and it'll notify you of updates just like GameMaker: Studio.
The download links on this site are for the very base (and only, as of this post) version including the auto-updater, so all future updates you will get through Parakeet itself.
This means a few things will change;
- Release notes. I will have to resort to a more classic way of writing release notes - this is a lot easier for me.
- The initial download is no longer a ZIP archive, it is an MSI installer, created with Advanced Installer 10.0.
- Parakeet will be in-/uninstalled like any other software with an installer.
- I can't update as frequently as I have been now; new releases will be version updates and thus contain a lot more features and fixes.
The auto-updater has these options:
- Download and install
- Skip this version
- Reminder ("wait until I'm ready")
You will still have to revisit this topic to post feedback and report bugs / errors, although I plan on adding a bug reporter IN Parakeet in the future, so you don't even have to leave the IDE.
Any versions of Parakeet you have on your PC right now are outdated. You must re-download Parakeet through the link in my signature.
Thank you for your support!
Edited by Jobo, 27 March 2013 - 01:44 PM.