#1 Erik Leppen

Erik Leppen

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2751 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

Posted Image
A new puzzle sensation for iPads and Android tablets!

Posted Image

Watch our trailer!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8wazy73mlM

Visit our website!

Like us on facebook!

Screenshots
Posted Image

Posted Image

Screenshot 3 - Screenshot 4 - Screenshot 5

Available in Nederlands, Deutsch, English, Franšais, Espa˝ol and Italiano!

Briquid is a challenging puzzle game in which you transfer water to a reservoir by placing and removing bricks or tilting your tablet to guide the water. The game has 100 challenging levels and is for sale for EUR 2,69 in the Apple and Google app stores. There is a free demo with the first 20 levels, and the ability to upgrade any time you want!

Briquid is my first commercial title; I did the programming and the original concept. The core team consisted of four people, assisted by some others around us.

The story that culminated in Briquid, started unexpectedly with YoYoGames Competition03, which I had won with ByteAlity Tower Defense as some of you might know. This game eventually led to contact with Mark Overmars in 2011, with the idea of creating a commercial follow-up of that game - a task that YoYoGames was doing at the time. This was a dead end as I went to do other things. In April of 2012, publishing of YoYoGames titles has been outsourced to startup company Gamious B.V. and Mark has established contact between me and Gamious.

My first contact with Gamious gave me the opportunity to show them some of my games, amongst which the humble puzzler Eau: the water game from 2009, with which I participated to the Dutch GMC's Game maker Competition #21, with the theme of water. This game ended second of six participants. Gamious though, recognized market potential in the game concept and we started expanding upon the idea by building it from the ground up as a new game. Meanwhile, Gamious took care of finding team members from other expertises (graphics, sound) to expand the team to four people, with whom we built on the game. After ten months of hard work, the game is finally there, on the app stores and available for you to enjoy. With some pride I present you Briquid!

Credits
Jos Bouman (Gamious B.V.) - producer
Erik Leppen - programming and concept
Wouter van Toll - graphics
Arjen Schut - sound and music
Gamious B.V. - marketing and PR
Marnix Kraus - technical support
and others - translations, playtests and valuable feedback.

Posted Image

promo_briquidmini_500x150.png

#2 fatihG_

fatihG_

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 154 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

Man.. that Russian in the trailer is awesome! =P

#3 Erik Leppen

Erik Leppen

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2751 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:39 PM

Briquid for tablets has received an update with GameCenter achievements and leaderboards, Facebook sharing of level scores and an undo button. And we're holding a contest. Just solve level 15 with as many moves left as you can, share it, like us on Facebook, and win and iPad Mini!

briquidcontest1.pngbriquidcontest2.png

promo_briquidmini_500x150.png