LATEST UPDATE: 14/03/2014
To use this now it is REQUIRED for you to use GM Studio version 1.3.xxxx or newer
Features (as of now) are listed below:
- UUID / username
- key/data saving
- is_ouya() check
- In app purchases (product lists, receipts, buy)
- cursor hide/how
No gamepad as that is natively supported in gms now, but I MIGHT add it in the future since the default functions dont quite work as expected without the ODK.
I am giving this for free as usual, and it will stay free. But if you really appreciate the work I have done you can also buy it for a small ammount, you name your own price, anything is very appreciated and will go directly to me and my daily expenses;
Contents of the .zip:
+ OUYA Extension/
| | + Java/
| | |- OUYAExt.java
Setting up everything:
Please read the OUYA docs if you are not sure about something basic, like connection between the OUYA and your PC or how to upload your game, etc.
If this is the first time you are setting up an etension I recommedn you to create a new, empty project.
- Extract the OUYA Extension .zip
- Go to the resources tree. right click on "Extensions" -> "import extensions".
- Select "OUYAExt.gmez" from the extracted zip folder.
After having added the extension sucessfully, we need to install the OUYA ODK in the runner, the ODK library (.jar) can be found on the ODK zip at
copy that file to:
You can download the ODK package from the OUYA site
key.der is a certificate file wich is downloaded from https://devs.ouya.tv/developers/games, while you are logged in to your developer account (if you dont have one, make one as you WILL need it). This file is your game's fingerprint, pretty much like the keystore file from GameMaker's Android settings.
Once you have your key.der you can just drag it into your game's included files, just make sure it is not in any sub-directory. This is absolutely required for making IAPs in the OUYA.
Below there is a small list of the functions and what they do, I will not spend much on explaining each as they should be very straightforward, but in case you have any doubts please refer to the example oject within the .zip, especially to get an idea how the flow of an IAP works:
Internal use only.
Internal use only.
Credits go to:
- Me (Manuel Etchegaray) for developing the patch codes.
- jtn0514 For borrowing his OUYA console to extensively test and debug everything works properly.
- halo shg For making GMExtensions, wich was the core of the in app purchases when I made the initial patch.
- The YoYoGames team for making such great software!
Edited by Manuel777, Yesterday, 12:13 AM.