GameRoom

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 781 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:04 AM

Download here!
Or here!

If the game runs slowly, try lowering the particles or resolution.

This is a game I worked on for the ninth GMC Jam. This version is much more complete and doesn't have a terrible memory leak. The game itself is about a ship that traverses a labyrinth of rooms in a giant spaceship.

Posted Image

The slimes come in to shoot you with bullets and generally make the end obstacle a bit harder. But you can fight them with the game's randomized loot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There are over a dozen variations with the weapon properties. Enemies also are randomized: some of their shots can slow you, some bounce off walls, and some home in on you. The levels themselves are randomized, Binding of Isaac style, and there are four levels in total. Also, this game is hard. As a member of the roguelike genre, it is not meant to be beaten on the first try and death is permanent. But if you persist, you just might make it.

Edited by GameRoom, 17 February 2013 - 01:35 AM.

infestation.png

#2 GameRoom

GameRoom

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 781 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:35 AM

A pretty big balance update has been uploaded.

infestation.png

#3 Bubblesphere

Bubblesphere

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 17 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:02 AM

Wow !! Very impressive game ! I had a lot of fun playing it. It's addictive, smooth and I don't lag at all. Only problem I've encountered is picking up objects. For some reason, I couldn't pick anything unless I was on top of the object. Would be great to be able to pick items from a distance because some weapons were in areas I couldn't reach.
10/10
if nothingPlannedForTheDay = true 

{

programming = true

}

else

{

show_message("WHYYYYYYY :(")

}

#4 Colton530

Colton530

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 422 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:50 AM

Not so much as addicting as it looks, but I still found myself playing for an hour. xD If that makes sense. I liked it. Is each level a randomly generated?

#5 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8762 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

This was pretty good. The gameplay is fairly standard: shoot or be shot. But the large possibility of weapons available to the player gives the game some variety. So it's fun.

I like your intro story -- and I wish you used more of that idea (blobs growing without bounds) in the game. Otherwise, shooters like these are in danger is becoming too common, so they all seem about the same after a while.

But the controls worked well and the AI for the enemy blobs was well done. So the game has a solid feel to it.

One way to add more excitement would be to spruce up the graphics a bit. What you have here looks fine, but it's not terribly imaginative. And the rooms look about the same throughout the game. So some occasional change of scenery / background changes might be worth considering.

But the gameplay is fun -- and it should appeal to players who like shooting games. :thumbsup: +1

Edited by chance, 14 June 2013 - 01:29 PM.