Core Information and Overview
- Title: Paradigm
- Creators: Myself and Nitro X
- Genre: Platformer
- Category: Puzzle
- Made with: GM8 Pro
- Starts in windowed mode: Yes
- Changes resolution: No
- Multiplayer: No
- File size: 2.1 MB
- File type: ZIP file containing 1 stand alone executable.
You wake up in a dark and destroyed room, with no memory of the past, and somehow simultaneously conscious in other parallel universes. What do you do next?
Paradigm is a unique puzzle platformer, where you have to switch consciousness, physically cross over to another parallel universe, and co-ordinate with other copies of yourself in other parallel universes (in split view) to solve challenging puzzles and continue.
The connection of the game to the theme will be gradually revealed as you progress, as your character slowly regains his memory.
The game unfortunately has no SFX/tracks at the moment due to lack of time for the jam (and thankfully, this game won't rely on music, but some SFX would have been nice), but it has a completed story with a complete set of levels leading to it. The above Mediafire link is for the Jam version, we'll be adding way more levels and expanding on this idea and story in the future, hence the W.I.P. topic. Also, as you mave noticed, this DOES NOT follow the jam handicap.
The Mediafire link will not be changed further and will contain the Jam version, but the other links will be continuously updated after the Jam voting ends.
Changes/Additions to be included in the next version
- Menu error relating to surfaces fixed.
- Changed control scheme.
- Only character to be switched, instead of switching the whole view, to make it less confusing.
- 2 more environments - outside the lab and inside houses, with different ending conditions and more varied environment-based puzzles, while continuing the story.
- Less steep difficulty curve.
Thanks for playing!
Edited by Diptoman, 06 February 2013 - 02:54 PM.