• Creators: Myself and Nitro X
  • Genre: Platformer
  • Category: Puzzle
  • Made with: GM8 Pro
  • Starts in windowed mode: Yes
  • Changes resolution: No
  • Multiplayer: No
  • File size: 2.1 MB
  • File type: ZIP file containing 1 stand alone executable.

You wake up in a dark and destroyed room, with no memory of the past, and somehow simultaneously conscious in other parallel universes. What do you do next?

Paradigm is a unique puzzle platformer, where you have to switch consciousness, physically cross over to another parallel universe, and co-ordinate with other copies of yourself in other parallel universes (in split view) to solve challenging puzzles and continue.

The connection of the game to the theme will be gradually revealed as you progress, as your character slowly regains his memory.

Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI1ZfoT1ELE

Screenshots

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

Download Links

GameJolt Link

YYG Link

Mediafire Link

The game unfortunately has no SFX/tracks at the moment due to lack of time for the jam (and thankfully, this game won't rely on music, but some SFX would have been nice), but it has a completed story with a complete set of levels leading to it. The above Mediafire link is for the Jam version, we'll be adding way more levels and expanding on this idea and story in the future, hence the W.I.P. topic. Also, as you mave noticed, this DOES NOT follow the jam handicap.

The Mediafire link will not be changed further and will contain the Jam version, but the other links will be continuously updated after the Jam voting ends.

Changes/Additions to be included in the next version

• Menu error relating to surfaces fixed.
  • Changed control scheme.
  • Only character to be switched, instead of switching the whole view, to make it less confusing.
  • 2 more environments - outside the lab and inside houses, with different ending conditions and more varied environment-based puzzles, while continuing the story.
  • Less steep difficulty curve.
(Expected date for next upload: Mid-March)

Thanks for playing!

Edited by Diptoman, 06 February 2013 - 02:54 PM.

#2 wakeskater_X

wakeskater_X

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 453 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

Oh I like your art, very nice. I couldn't seem to pass the three walls level, but I definitely like your concept. Very well done.

Your drawings are nice too.

I can see this being a top contender.

My Games: 

SBX1&2 and GMC Jam Game: Julius Dragonslayer

Twitter:  @WakeStudio

#3 Diptoman

Diptoman

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1906 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Oh I like your art, very nice. I couldn't seem to pass the three walls level, but I definitely like your concept. Very well done.

Your drawings are nice too.

I can see this being a top contender.

Thanks a lot! But the complete credits for the graphics belongs to this friend of mine. I'm glad you liked the concept, put a lot of thought into it and continuously made changes in it for the past 72 hours (The original idea was to have all copies of the characters move at once instead of switching consciousness).

Oh, don't want to spoil puzzles, but anyway, here's the (very simple) solution for that stage in case you need it:
Spoiler

Also, added a trailer, and the title image.

Edited by Diptoman, 30 January 2013 - 02:01 PM.

#4 LutzBlox

LutzBlox

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 5 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

Nice! I like the idea! One thing that would be good, though, is to have mouse navigation in the menus. Also, instead of changing views, you could just have one universe controlled by WASD and the other universe controlled by the arrow keys, using the left and right control to interact with items.

#5 Diptoman

Diptoman

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1906 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

Thanks! And uh, I'm changing lots of stuff in it at the moment (I'm hoping to make the completed version my #1GAM entry for April), like you don't need to switch the upper view any more (based on suggestions) - you can just switch which view you're currently controlling, using a single button for switching. This uses a Z-X key combination now (Z for action, X for switching), hopefully making the controls less confusing.

I don't think letting the player control both at once is a good idea though, because normally one can't keep track of all that at once, but thanks for suggesting! I'll upload an updated version in a few days (I hope) containing newer environments and stuff.

And uh, sorry for the late reply, didn't notice this. :S

#6 slayer 64

slayer 64

Slayer of gingers

• GMC Member
  • 4301 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:39 AM

i'd delete that three doors and three switches level

5y5rs3d.pngfg0UQNL.png

#7 Diptoman

Diptoman

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1906 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:55 AM

Can you expand on that? That's pretty easy actually, just misleading.
We're gonna have mostly different levels in the final thing though. :)

And once again, sorry for the late replies. XD