#1 Zesterer

Zesterer

Professor of Articul

• GMC Member
  • 1044 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

Posted Image

This is Nuclear Naul, a game where you take the part of a small, alien creature trying to escape the nuclear power station he works in after a massive explosion.

Can you get him out safely before he dies of radiation poisoning?

Download Nuclear Naul

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

My design log...
Spoiler

Please play, rate, vote, and review!

Zesterer

Update!

Added new levels, new obstacles, and more fun!

If you think yourself a master gamer, have a go at this and see how you do!

Zesterer

Edited by Zesterer, 27 January 2013 - 02:34 PM.
Posts merged

Fortified - The sword thrusting, castle busting, catapult adjusting new Tower Defense game!

More projects and work coming soon... If you need help on voxels, mesh rendering, physics, perlin noise generation, 3D, mathematics or more just contact me and I'll be happy to help!

Skype: zesterer                Email: barry.of.smith@gmail.com <---- Actually, don't use this address, I never check it.

#2 TheUltimate

TheUltimate

Life is Awesome

• GMC Member
  • 1147 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

Here's a quick review.

Good:
- The game is really self-explanatory and fun to play. I really like it.
- Graphics are nice.
- Naul is really cute. :3

Not so good:
- A lot of jumps are really tight and take many attempts to do. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it was like that since the first few levels of the game, which might frustrate players.
- No music or sound yet. I'd suggest something like this for music.

Suggestions:
- For the movement, increase the movement speed a bit and decrease the gravity slightly so it's easier to fit in 1-block-high spaces and jump over gaps.
- I think a background with particles flowing upwards would look nicer than one that follows the player sideways.
- Colour-coding the switches and doors would be cool.
- The colours of the graphics could be evened out a bit. Stuff like making the lava a darker, less saturated orange. It's really bright right now and my gaze keeps drifting to it. Also, a slight dark green or blue tint to the floor blocks would make it stand out a lot more.

Overall, it was cool. Just needs more levels. :)

image.png

- Awesome games from around here: Unlimited - Legena: New Dawn - PlanIt - Tinha War - CountAir Strike -

#3 Zesterer

Zesterer

Professor of Articul

• GMC Member
  • 1044 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

Hey, thanks! Thats a great review, I'm glad you like it! I am currently in the process of adding easier levels at the beginning after recommendations from some people, and I will try to take into account all of your comments by the end of the jam!

Thanks,

Zesterer

Fortified - The sword thrusting, castle busting, catapult adjusting new Tower Defense game!

More projects and work coming soon... If you need help on voxels, mesh rendering, physics, perlin noise generation, 3D, mathematics or more just contact me and I'll be happy to help!

Skype: zesterer                Email: barry.of.smith@gmail.com <---- Actually, don't use this address, I never check it.