Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

Posted Image

Play Now!
On HTML5haven.com

Also available on
HTML5games.com

Posted Image Posted Image

Game Details
Code Red is a marvellous classic shooter featuring wonderful graphics and gameplay!
Gain control of your ship, earn upgrades and blast enemies! If they get close to you, use the giga attack! Enjoy!

Features
Beautiful retro graphics
Excellent gameplay with increasing difficulty
Various upgrades to use against enemies!
Online highscores

Controls
Use W,S,A,D to control your ship and navigate through the menus.
Use left mouse to shoot and right mouse to use giga attack.

Edited by Osmium, 10 February 2013 - 12:46 PM.

Posted Image

#2 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8762 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

Nice game. It has that classic space shooter look, but with some modern features like the explosions and the color glow effects. The controls are easy to use, and the aim/shooting with the mouse works well. The game runs very smoothly in Firefox -- no glitches or lag detectable.

The sound was good... when it was present. It compliments the shooting nicely. But occasionally it would mysteriously stop for the while, then re-start. Is that deliberate? Or just a bug with my computer and/or Firefox?

The gameplay itself is pretty standard fare -- so it gets a bit repetitious after a while. But that's true of most space shooter games. Still, this game is a nice diversion, and fun to play. And the addition of an online high-score table is a great feature.

So overall, nice job on this. :thumbsup: +1

#3 Osmium

Osmium

Graphic Artist

• GMC Member
  • 308 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Nice game. It has that classic space shooter look, but with some modern features like the explosions and the color glow effects. The controls are easy to use, and the aim/shooting with the mouse works well. The game runs very smoothly in Firefox -- no glitches or lag detectable.

The sound was good... when it was present. It compliments the shooting nicely. But occasionally it would mysteriously stop for the while, then re-start. Is that deliberate? Or just a bug with my computer and/or Firefox?

The gameplay itself is pretty standard fare -- so it gets a bit repetitious after a while. But that's true of most space shooter games. Still, this game is a nice diversion, and fun to play. And the addition of an online high-score table is a great feature.

So overall, nice job on this. :thumbsup:/> +1

Thanks for the awesome review! :biggrin: My browser does not suffer from any re-starts of the game audio, so yes, it must have something to do with firefox(I'm using chrome by the way).
Posted Image

#4 WsoxKillCubs

WsoxKillCubs

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 138 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

Games that look so clean always impress me... The menu right away is simple and seems flawless, then the game plays good and looks great. Its simplicity makes it great. Its fun too, gets difficult and fun to fly around spinning and shooting lol. Very nice! :thumbsup:

leftp.pngrightkp.png

#5 Osmium

Osmium

Graphic Artist

• GMC Member
  • 308 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:46 AM

Games that look so clean always impress me... The menu right away is simple and seems flawless, then the game plays good and looks great. Its simplicity makes it great. Its fun too, gets difficult and fun to fly around spinning and shooting lol. Very nice! :thumbsup:/>

Again, loving the feedback! Seems like I'm getting better in my photoshop skills. :)
Posted Image

#6 Osmium

Osmium

Graphic Artist

• GMC Member
  • 308 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:28 AM

BUMP! Code Red is now available on html5games.com as well!: http://html5games.co.../02/code-red-2/
Posted Image

#7 Osmium

Osmium

Graphic Artist

• GMC Member
  • 308 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

BUMP 2! The game now has over a 1000 plays! This figure is a big achievement for me and all thanks to HTML5games.com. Take a look at this to see what I mean:

Posted Image

As you can see, Code Red was submitted to html5games.com on 5th Feb and since then received at least a hundred plays per day. I hope html5games.net and html5gamer.net accept my submissions any time sooner as well. :/
Posted Image