1123 replies to this topic

#1 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:45 AM

This topic is for all those new members of the GMC to come and say "Hi!", so if you have just got here and want to let everyone know that you have arrived, this is the place for you to post! Tell us about yourself, tell us how you found the GMC and tell us how long you have been a GameMaker user, or what games you have made with it...

Oh, and from all the moderators, WELCOME! Have fun, be nice and after posting here, read the forum rules... Posted Image

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#2 Code Purple

Code Purple

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 47 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:37 PM

Well, I guess hi. I'm new here also. I've used game maker for 3 years but have only made 2 games with it (I have a bad habit of dropping my projects after I've done a little work on them) ...

#3 Pixel8ed72

Pixel8ed72

Musical Brony

• GMC Member
  • 408 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:08 PM

Hi Kelsion, cantavanda, and Code Purple!
Welcome to the GMC!
:D

@Kelsion
That technically was your introductionary post.
;)

@cantavanda
Isn't that the topic we're posting in right now?

#4 satyre

satyre

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 138 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:15 PM

Oh.
Passed by this.

I've been lurking the community for a long time and finally decided to make an account :)
I'm a Game Maker user of five(ish) years. I've been using it since I don't know what version and I am currently using 8.0
I'm a Game Development and Computer Science student in High School and I plan to further these studies into college and university. I do want to go into the game development industry post-education and Game Maker has taught me and inspired me to pursue this career option.
I haven't sat down and made a game, though I have tons of small projects on my computer that I've used for my own personal learning and development, my next step is to actually make a game. I don't have anything yet, but I've been working on a concept that I think will take my game development career nowhere but up - look for information in the coming weeks!

Anyways,
See you guys around!

#5 Mariani

Mariani

GMC Member

• 10 posts
  • Version:GM7

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:43 PM

Hello! My brother recommended me to this site so I just joined and figured my first post should be here. I'm new to Gamemaker as well, I'm very interested in the idea of making games and meeting new friends here.

#6 Z3R0M0N5T3R

Z3R0M0N5T3R

Forum Ghost

• GMC Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:14 PM

Hello! My brother recommended me to this site so I just joined and figured my first post should be here. I'm new to Gamemaker as well, I'm very interested in the idea of making games and meeting new friends here.

Oh.
Passed by this.

I've been lurking the community for a long time and finally decided to make an account :)

Heya! Welcome aboard you two :happy: . I'm Z3R0M0N5T3R, most just call me Z3R0 or Zero, whatever you're fine with. You should get to know the others too. Start posting and asking questions, check out all the little corners of the forums. Most people will be happy to assist you with whatever you need to know. Oh, and befriend a mod, it always helps. :laugh:

NewSig2014.gif?t=1406846283

#7 Mariani

Mariani

GMC Member

• 10 posts
  • Version:GM7

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:12 PM

Heya! Welcome aboard you two :happy: . I'm Z3R0M0N5T3R, most just call me Z3R0 or Zero, whatever you're fine with. You should get to know the others too. Start posting and asking questions, check out all the little corners of the forums. Most people will be happy to assist you with whatever you need to know. Oh, and befriend a mod, it always helps. :laugh:

Thank you. I'll call you by Zero, fits the best to me.

#8 Pixel8ed72

Pixel8ed72

Musical Brony

• GMC Member
  • 408 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:59 PM

Welcome satyre and Mariani!

Have fun exploring the different features of the forums!
^_^

#9 alexbomb

alexbomb

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:39 AM

I haven't introduced myself either. I messed up my name during registration, but you can simply call me alexbomb. :sweat:

Some fun facts:

I purchased both Gamemaker and the latest RPGMaker at the same time over two months ago, and I haven't even touched RPGMaker yet because I'm having too much fun with Gamemaker. :tongue:

I went to college to become a programmer, but a professor told me my coding sucks when I got about halfway through. So, I left computer science with a minor, switched to a B.A. in English, and became a high school English teacher (figure that one out), which I've done for the last 3 years. But ef that!! I want to be a programmer!! So, I'm taking another shot at it. At the very worst, maybe I can get a job as technical writer when I've snagged my second degree. -fingers crossed-

It feels weird posting to the Q&A. It makes me feel like such a newb (even though I am :tongue: ). I hate bothering the people here. :sweat: For example, I had this really horrible code problem about 2 days ago, and part of me said, "Ask the Gamemaker experts!" But I felt like I'd already been asking a lot of questions lately, so after 8 hours of debugging today, I finally solved the problem. Woot. :thumbsup:

I've enjoyed seeing lots of great people and programmers here. Cantavanda makes me smile, Zero's avatar is hard to take my eyes off of every time I see one of his posts, TerraCrafter and Nocturne always seem pleasant and professional. I almost asked Ramses12 to be a mentor, but resisted. Davve, torigara, and lots of people who've answered my questions inspire me to want to be a better programmer. There is just a great group here. :thumbsup:

Okay, I'm done. :tongue: Nice coding break. Brain refreshed. Back to work.

#10 Mercerenies

Mercerenies

Koopa King

• GMC Member
  • 1945 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:41 AM

But ef that!! I want to be a programmer!! So, I'm taking another shot at it.

That's the spirit! Welcome aboard, alexbomb! :thumbsup:
iPqfGiP.png

#11 Wulfie

Wulfie

GMC Member

• 1 posts
  • Version:None

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:14 PM

Hello, ugh... I'm pretty new here, registered few or more days ago, but never had a chance to indroduce myself, so...

My real name is Piotr, and I came to you from dark caverns of Poland, I was travelling throught many forums from mmorpg makers, to rpg makers, while creating some pixels, for some people.
Now I'm here, maybe not too often becouse of lack of a valuable currency named time. . :smile:
So, I hope you guys will like me, I'm not that bad (or at least I think I'm not) my english isn't good, but I'm trying... ^^.
Dunno how to end this weird introduction, so I'd say - Hi! :thumbsup:

Edited by Wulfie, 21 July 2012 - 01:16 PM.

#12 Pixel8ed72

Pixel8ed72

Musical Brony

• GMC Member
  • 408 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:28 PM

Hello Wulfie, and welcome to the GMC!

Your English is really good, no need to fret.
^_^

Have fun!
:laugh:

Edited by TerraCrafter, 21 July 2012 - 01:30 PM.

#13 Skratch Media

Skratch Media

GMC Member

• 10 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:51 PM

Supperz everyone. MY name is Rob and im pretty new here. Ive been messing around with game developement since 1995. I started out with the EXTREMELY limited Recreational Softwares version of Game Maker after i was inspired by Mortal Kombat & DooM to make my own versions of those games. As i mentioned, Recreational Softwares version of Game maker was very very limited (so limited the enemies couldnt shoot projectiles and could only be 20x20 pixels, and that's only the tip of the iceburg) but i was happy to find this (more flexible) rendition of Game Maker in 2008. Right now my lead project is a Mortal Kombat/Street figher 2 style fighting game called Death Tournament. I'm only using GM lite, but It will feature pre rendered 3D character sprites & backgrounds that are modeled/animated in Blender 3D. I'm also using Sony Vegas Pro 8 for some additional designing and Sony Acid Pro to record and mix my audio, with Music/Sound FX composed on my Roland MC 307 synth board. So far the game only has one character done, as im trying to find a sufficent way to write the A.I., but it looks really nice so far. The character sprites have lighting/shading effects, smooth fluid animation, and good looking Bump Map textures on some of the backgrounds.

Other than game designing, i do animation/CGI, hiphop/techno music production, Remixing, and I'm a DMC style hiphop turntable DJ.

I go by Defcontr in the YoYo games Sandbox as a game reviewer.

So it's nice to meet you all. Everyone here seems really nice and eager to help out, unlike the Serato DJ forum im on where all of the seasoned DJs will rip you a new one & put you to shame if you post a noobish question there.

Edited by Skratch Media, 21 July 2012 - 11:56 PM.

#14 Z3R0M0N5T3R

Z3R0M0N5T3R

Forum Ghost

• GMC Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:15 AM

I haven't introduced myself either. I messed up my name during registration, but you can simply call me alexbomb. :sweat:

Some fun facts:

I purchased both Gamemaker and the latest RPGMaker at the same time over two months ago, and I haven't even touched RPGMaker yet because I'm having too much fun with Gamemaker. :tongue:

I went to college to become a programmer, but a professor told me my coding sucks when I got about halfway through. So, I left computer science with a minor, switched to a B.A. in English, and became a high school English teacher (figure that one out), which I've done for the last 3 years. But ef that!! I want to be a programmer!! So, I'm taking another shot at it. At the very worst, maybe I can get a job as technical writer when I've snagged my second degree. -fingers crossed-

It feels weird posting to the Q&A. It makes me feel like such a newb (even though I am :tongue: ). I hate bothering the people here. :sweat: For example, I had this really horrible code problem about 2 days ago, and part of me said, "Ask the Gamemaker experts!" But I felt like I'd already been asking a lot of questions lately, so after 8 hours of debugging today, I finally solved the problem. Woot. :thumbsup:

I've enjoyed seeing lots of great people and programmers here. Cantavanda makes me smile, Zero's avatar is hard to take my eyes off of every time I see one of his posts, TerraCrafter and Nocturne always seem pleasant and professional. I almost asked Ramses12 to be a mentor, but resisted. Davve, torigara, and lots of people who've answered my questions inspire me to want to be a better programmer. There is just a great group here. :thumbsup:

Okay, I'm done. :tongue: Nice coding break. Brain refreshed. Back to work.

Wow, that's a lot of stuff I didn't know about you. I'm not the best at programming, but don't listen to anyone who tells you you can't. I can see you have a lot of motivation to do it, and that motivation will get you anywhere.

I love problems like those, or rather, that feel when you figure them out yourself and it doesn't feel like a ragtag patch attempt, know what I mean? As for asking help, I've been putting off asking a question for a little while. It's got me absolutely stumped, and I need to get my stuff together and head down to the Q&A section soon. :/

And.... squeeeee! ^_^ I'm a big sucker for compliments. Thank you. :sweat:

Hello, ugh... I'm pretty new here, registered few or more days ago, but never had a chance to indroduce myself, so...

My real name is Piotr, and I came to you from dark caverns of Poland, I was travelling throught many forums from mmorpg makers, to rpg makers, while creating some pixels, for some people.
Now I'm here, maybe not too often becouse of lack of a valuable currency named time. . :smile:
So, I hope you guys will like me, I'm not that bad (or at least I think I'm not) my english isn't good, but I'm trying... ^^.
Dunno how to end this weird introduction, so I'd say - Hi! :thumbsup:

My sweet heart is from Poland! Your English is just fine, we hear you loud and clear. ;D Welcome!

Edited by Z3R0M0N5T3R, 22 July 2012 - 12:17 AM.

#15 alexbomb

alexbomb

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:36 AM

Skratch Media - Thanks for mentioning those programs! I've been looking for good music making programs, and when I'm brave enough to enter the 3D realm, those pre-rendered programs will be good for me to remember too. I haven't touched 3D modeling since an old version of Lightwave. I'll have to look at those programs. Welcome and thanks! :thumbsup:

Z3RO- Oh yes, what an outstanding compliment I gave. Your avatar is nice. lol. :tongue: How bout a better one? Now that I've seen a few more of your posts, you seem like an awesome person. Friendly, creative, contributing, and helpful. It's people like you, and many others here, that build great online communities. Like Skratch Media said, some communities just aren't a great place to be when you are trying to build a skill.

#16 Pixel8ed72

Pixel8ed72

Musical Brony

• GMC Member
  • 408 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:08 AM

@Skratch Media
Welcome!

You use ACID?
Awesome!
^_^
I have version 8 pro.

Have lotsa fun here!
:thumbsup:

#17 Skratch Media

Skratch Media

GMC Member

• 10 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:38 AM

@aalexbomblexbomb
Well, those music programs are quite expensive, but there's a free audio program called Audacity, which i hear is decent and can get the job done, and if you'd like to get back into 3D, then i'd reccomend checking out Blender since it's also free and quite comparable to the multi thousand dollar industry standards like Maya and 3Ds Max. It also has a game engine as well and Python scripting. There's thousands of Blender tutorials on Youtube, so that should help you get familiar with it.

@TerraCrafter Yep, Sony Acid is a great audio recording program. I got it to record, edit, and spice up my hiphop DJ mixes years ago, but now i use it for music & audio production too. It's very similar to Sony Vegas with the layout and tools.

#18 Z3R0M0N5T3R

Z3R0M0N5T3R

Forum Ghost

• GMC Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:34 AM

Z3RO- Oh yes, what an outstanding compliment I gave. Your avatar is nice. lol. :tongue: How bout a better one? Now that I've seen a few more of your posts, you seem like an awesome person. Friendly, creative, contributing, and helpful. It's people like you, and many others here, that build great online communities. Like Skratch Media said, some communities just aren't a great place to be when you are trying to build a skill.

If by better you mean new, I've had a new one planned for a week or tow now, I think I'll take the time today and tomorrow to make it. Thank you for the kind words, I really try around here, and it's always nice to be appreciated... gosh, I don't want to sound like I'm being brash, I just mean I'm so flattered. ^_^

and in all this I forgot to introduce myself to Skratch. Let me make amends by saying it now: hello! Welcome, and I hope we can all help you in some way or another. :happy:

Edited by Z3R0M0N5T3R, 22 July 2012 - 06:34 AM.

#19 Ogama

Ogama

GMC Member

• 0 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:51 AM

I'm back!

(Assuming any of you remember me from the original forums and the sandbox.)

Aaaand there go my 2000+ posts. Crap.

Well, it's nice to be back after so long.
It's nice to be back.

See that red button over there? Yeah, hit it. I want to see how many negs I can accumulate.

#20 Z3R0M0N5T3R

Z3R0M0N5T3R

Forum Ghost

• GMC Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:54 AM

I'm back!

(Assuming any of you remember me from the original forums and the sandbox.)

Aaaand there go my 2000+ posts. Crap.

Well, it's nice to be back after so long.

That's okay, I lost over 3000. ._.

Heya. :)

#21 Mikki Saturn

Mikki Saturn

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:27 PM

Hello. I've been visiting these forums for a while now and decided it was finally time to join. I first used Game Maker a couple of years ago, just playing around with drag 'n drop, but I only started using it seriously about 8 or 9 months ago. I am a visual artist primarily, but I've always wanted to make games too. I took three years of computer science in high school (visual basic, c++ and java - but nothing complex enough to approach game making) but in college I focused on visual art (drawing and painting), and I stopped programming or trying to make games. However, recently my old desire to make a video game has become very strong and "real" (if you know what I mean), and so I started teaching myself XNA and simultaneously I started experimenting with really using Game Maker properly. So... that's where I'm coming from! :biggrin:

#22 alexbomb

alexbomb

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:37 PM

Hello. I've been visiting these forums for a while now and decided it was finally time to join. I first used Game Maker a couple of years ago, just playing around with drag 'n drop, but I only started using it seriously about 8 or 9 months ago. I am a visual artist primarily, but I've always wanted to make games too. I took three years of computer science in high school (visual basic, c++ and java - but nothing complex enough to approach game making) but in college I focused on visual art (drawing and painting), and I stopped programming or trying to make games. However, recently my old desire to make a video game has become very strong and "real" (if you know what I mean), and so I started teaching myself XNA and simultaneously I started experimenting with really using Game Maker properly. So... that's where I'm coming from! :biggrin:

Mikki, you're like my evil twin. ;) I also took a break from programming and regretted it later, now trying to make up for lost time. I also like to draw first, but like you, I know if I can combine it with my gaming, we could make some awesome looking games. Welcome and let's make some great games! :thumbsup:

#23 TheParty007

TheParty007

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:46 PM

hi gmc! i hope to learn alot fro you guys!

#24 alexbomb

alexbomb

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

Welcome, TheParty007! I'm guessing you are a fan of parties and James Bond. ;)

#25 steiven

steiven

GMC Member

• 0 posts
  • Version:Mac

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

Hello
My name is steiven. I am new in this forum. I am 20 & student of BCA. I belong to India. Its good to be here. Hope I'll Enjoy my Stay.

#26 ShadyCat

ShadyCat

GMC Member

• Validating
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:52 PM

Yo, Yoyo!

I used to be an active member of the YYGF. I sometimes mess around with game programming, but my main interests lay in web development. (mainly server-side programming, for those who are interested ;) ).

I doubt I'll be very active here, mainly because I lack the free time, though I'll definitely be lurking around occasionally :P

YATBOM - The countdown has started

#27 GamerPerson

GamerPerson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 128 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:59 AM

He-he-hello? Does anyone remember me? Anyone? No?

I got fired from my job at the cemetery yesterday.

I made a grave mistake.

#28 Pixel8ed72

Pixel8ed72

Musical Brony

• GMC Member
  • 408 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:37 AM

HelloMy name is steiven. I am new in this forum. I am 20 & student of BCA. I belong to India. Its good to be here. Hope I'll Enjoy my Stay._____________________Watch Free Sanctuary Episodes Online

Yo, Yoyo!I used to be an active member of the YYGF. I sometimes mess around with game programming, but my main interests lay in web development. (mainly server-side programming, for those who are interested ;) ).I doubt I'll be very active here, mainly because I lack the free time, though I'll definitely be lurking around occasionally :P

He-he-hello? Does anyone remember me? Anyone? No?

Welcome to you all!!!

@ShadyCat, GamerPerson
Don't remember you two.
:3
What were your YYGF names?

#29 GamerPerson

GamerPerson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 128 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:17 PM

@ShadyCat, GamerPerson
Don't remember you two.

Mine was GamerPerson... Several years ago, then I changed it to RoflCow. Unfortunately, I made this account prior to the name change, so... Yeah. And I believe Shady's name is the same as it was on the YYGF, but I might be wrong.

I got fired from my job at the cemetery yesterday.

I made a grave mistake.

#30 ShadyCat

ShadyCat

GMC Member

• Validating
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:40 PM

Yup. My screen name is always ShadyCat wherever I go. Maybe with an extension if it's unavailable.

And oh wow, RoflCow, I remember you! :D

YATBOM - The countdown has started

#31 Pixel8ed72

Pixel8ed72

Musical Brony

• GMC Member
  • 408 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:04 PM

@ShadyCat, GamerPerson
Don't remember you two.

Mine was GamerPerson... Several years ago, then I changed it to RoflCow. Unfortunately, I made this account prior to the name change, so... Yeah. And I believe Shady's name is the same as it was on the YYGF, but I might be wrong.

RoflCow!
I remember you!
You probably forget me/don't|didn't know me.
:P

And I remember you too, Shady!
Again, you probably have no clue who I am.
XD

Great to see you both!
^_^

#32 DJ Vinyl Scratch

DJ Vinyl Scratch

Vinylicious

• GMC:Member
  • 321 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:13 AM

Hi Shady. Nice to see you here.

I support gay marriage. 

I also support random humor.

#33 Man on the moon

Man on the moon

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

Well, I'm also brand new to this site. I'm not so good at making games, have not made a finished game yet... :geek: , my younger brothers (The Invincible Man, and Forester) are better at that, but hopefully I can gain some inspiration and maybe some help from the community. :blush:  It's nice to be part of one... :)
Huzzah!!

Spoiler

#34 The Invincible Man

The Invincible Man

GMC Member

• 0 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:46 AM

Hi, I'm Tim (The Invincible Man) I've made a few small games, but they're not very good.
Tim

#35 Z3R0M0N5T3R

Z3R0M0N5T3R

Forum Ghost

• GMC Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

Well, I'm also brand new to this site. I'm not so good at making games, have not made a finished game yet... :geek: , my younger brothers (The Invincible Man, and Forester) are better at that, but hopefully I can gain some inspiration and maybe some help from the community. :blush:  It's nice to be part of one... :)

We'll always be glad to help, guidance and inspiration a-plenty here!

Hi, I'm Tim (The Invincible Man) I've made a few small games, but they're not very good.

I'm sure whatever you've concocted is better than some of the stuff we get around here, :biggrin:
But that's what this place is for, to improve those games until you're satisfied with them.

@Both of you,

I'm Z3R0M0N5T3R, most call me Z3R0 or Zero, whatever you're comfortable with. ^_^ If either of you two need any help, ask me or a moderator, like Nocturne or NAL. I can help with the basic questions, but if you need something only an official could do/answer, they'll be the guys to ask. And don't be afraid to, they're pretty nice. :thumbsup:

#36 MikadoRyugamine

MikadoRyugamine

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:18 AM

Hello there, I'm Mikado Ryugamine. Okay. That's not my real name, it's the name of an anime/manga character. My first name is Jon though. :P

Anyway, I'm 18 years old and I'm an aspiring programmer, artist, author and musician.

The programming languages I currently know are as follows...

• GML (Of course. ^_^ )
  • C#
  • C++
  • Java
  • Visual Basic (I highly dislike this one though haha, the syntax bothers me. -_- )
  • JavaScript
  • ASM (Still working on this one. ;) )

I've been working with GameMaker for about 6 or 7 years now and have finally decided to create an account here for myself. So hello there everyone. n_n

#37 Z3R0M0N5T3R

Z3R0M0N5T3R

Forum Ghost

• GMC Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:50 AM

Hey, we've got some experience on the table there I see, welcome to the community. :thumbsup:

#38 Pixel8ed72

Pixel8ed72

Musical Brony

• GMC Member
  • 408 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:37 AM

Hello there, I'm Mikado Ryugamine. Okay. That's not my real name, it's the name of an anime/manga character. My first name is Jon though. :P

Anyway, I'm 18 years old and I'm an aspiring programmer, artist, author and musician.

The programming languages I currently know are as follows...

• GML (Of course. ^_^ )
  • C#
  • C++
  • Java
  • Visual Basic (I highly dislike this one though haha, the syntax bothers me. -_- )
  • JavaScript
  • ASM (Still working on this one. ;) )

I've been working with GameMaker for about 6 or 7 years now and have finally decided to create an account here for myself. So hello there everyone. n_n

Hello there Mikado!
Welcome to the GMC!

As Z3R0 said, you've got quite some experience there.

Enjoy your stay(hopefully it's a long one. :sweat: )

#39 duckshooter

duckshooter

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:58 PM

hello world

#40 MikadoRyugamine

MikadoRyugamine

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:31 PM

Hello there Mikado!
Welcome to the GMC!

As Z3R0 said, you've got quite some experience there.

Enjoy your stay(hopefully it's a long one. :sweat: )

Hey, we've got some experience on the table there I see, welcome to the community. :thumbsup:

Thank you for the warm welcomes. :3 I do intend on sticking around for quite a while and I also hope to contribute quite a bit to this community. ^_^

Not sure what's up with the random spaces but they weren't there when I typed out this post hahah. Oh well, perhaps I just went a little overboard with the color tags hahaha. :sweat:

Edited by MikadoRyugamine, 26 July 2012 - 05:33 PM.

#41 Code Purple

Code Purple

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:51 AM

GML (Of course. ^_^ )
C#
C++
Java
Visual Basic (I highly dislike this one though haha, the syntax bothers me. -_- )
JavaScript
ASM (Still working on this one. )

That is a lot of experience for an 18 year old.
Anyway welcome to the GMC!

#42 MikadoRyugamine

MikadoRyugamine

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:39 AM

GML (Of course. ^_^ )
C#
C++
Java
Visual Basic (I highly dislike this one though haha, the syntax bothers me. -_- )
JavaScript
ASM (Still working on this one. )

That is a lot of experience for an 18 year old.
Anyway welcome to the GMC!

Hahah well when you quit going to school at the age of 14 you have a LOT of free time. Programming, music, writing, and art are what I chose to spend that time on. :sweat: I know it probably seems crazy to quit going that early, and it's probably illegal in some way I'm sure, but I never stopped learning, and when you think about it all I really did was free my mind from the things I would never put to use and focused on what I could and would use. I have to be honest though, a small part of me regrets that decision. I had my reasons though.

Thanks though. ^_^

Edited by MikadoRyugamine, 27 July 2012 - 03:46 AM.

#43 Copywright

Copywright

GMC Member

• 6 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:59 AM

Boy, if I could count the amount of times I've made a forum intro post...

Anyway. I'm James. Or Copywright to you.

I'm migrating over to GM from XNA, which lots of people call a downgrade, but I have my reasons. I've been programming in C# and XNA for a year and half, and it just seems like a sheer amount of code to go into things that other engines automate. There's always third party engines, but the point of XNA to me is basically coding everything yourself form scratch. And that's not reeeally the party it's cracked up to be atm, sooo let's see how GM compares. I hope to grip onto GML fast, so I can jump in and make some great games.

TL;DR: Me Copywright. Me programmer.

#44 Copywright

Copywright

GMC Member

• 6 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:59 AM

...embarrassing double post. v.v Delete please.

Edited by Copywright, 28 July 2012 - 05:01 AM.

#45 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:12 AM

Actually, it's more ironic than embarrassing. You making a copy of your very first post on the forum.... ms Copy Wright :)

vote up if you agree ;)

gmcbanner.pnggmcbanner_tools.png

ICU Live Tutoring Through Slack or Skype | My Tools Page follow.png

I FRANTICALLY MADE MY 18000 POST TOPIC BEFORE MIKE ANNOUNCED A DELAY...
Now I'm squirming not to hit that reply button

#46 Copywright

Copywright

GMC Member

• 6 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:28 AM

Actually, it's more ironic than embarrassing. You making a copy of your very first post on the forum.... ms Copy Wright :)

vote up if you agree ;)

Well played. Besides the fact that I'm a dude...

ms Copy Wright :)

X_X.

#47 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:20 AM

vote up if you agree ;)

Well played. Besides the fact that I'm a dude...

ms Copy Wright :)

X_X.

I got to clean my keyboard... Or pay more attention to what my fingers type (I declare it was a Typo :))

gmcbanner.pnggmcbanner_tools.png

ICU Live Tutoring Through Slack or Skype | My Tools Page follow.png

I FRANTICALLY MADE MY 18000 POST TOPIC BEFORE MIKE ANNOUNCED A DELAY...
Now I'm squirming not to hit that reply button

#48 Daan920

Daan920

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

Hi, i'm Daniel, i'm 13 years old and i come from the Netherlands.

I used Game Maker now 1 year and i'm still learn GML.

And yes, i'm a brony :P.

I'm programming in the following languages:

- GML
- Visual Basic
- JavaScript
- PHP (+MySQL)
- HTML
- CSS

My hobby's are:

- Play soccer
- Gaming
- Programming
- Play guitar
- And a lot more :P

My English is not so good, sorry for that.

So, if you have a question about me, please ask him to me :).

Edited by Daan920, 28 July 2012 - 10:08 AM.

#49 0000701333

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:56 PM

Hello Daniel! I would give you a warm welcome to this community, but in all honestly, I am new here as well! :sweat:

Hey! I'm 0000701333, but if you really don't feel like having to remember that, you can just call me by my first name; Myles. Even though I am new to this community, GameMaker is not an un-familiar program to me. I have been using GameMaker for 3 years now, and have had a sandbox account for 2 years now; registered since January of 2010. My specialties when it comes to creating games is use of the 39Dll, or online games. I am actually coming here from the YYGF (which I know, is a little late). But after the closing of the forums, I quit GameMaker for some time. Due to some recent messaging with some old forum/sandbox friends, I have decided to try out this Community! :thumbsup:

With all of that being said, hello! :laugh:

#50 Daan920

Daan920

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:34 PM

Welcome to you to than :tongue: