• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bc808

bc808

GMC Member

• 7 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

so i was wondering if i import my game maker 8.1 game to game maker studio will i have the html5 thing so i can put my game on the internet?
(i dont really know what im doing still im new at this)

#2 Hollywood

Hollywood

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 23 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

so i was wondering if i import my game maker 8.1 game to game maker studio will i have the html5 thing so i can put my game on the internet?
(i dont really know what im doing still im new at this)

According to YoYo's comparison page for Studio, yes. But I read something that you have to use an external program/internet thing to convert it, as Studio won't read 8.1. But you have to buy the license for exporting to HTML5. Yoyo studio page

#3 Retarded Lemon

Retarded Lemon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 39 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

The best way to find out is to try it; if you get errors you can then try solve them, and if you can't solve them then you can ask what they mean and find out how to fix them.

#4 Retarded Lemon

Retarded Lemon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

According to YoYo's comparison page for Studio, yes. But I read something that you have to use an external program/internet thing to convert it, as Studio won't read 8.1.

GM:Studio is capable of importing GM:8.1 files. When you open GM:Studio go to the import tab, and change the "Filter". From what I can see, it can import .gmz .gmd .gm6, .gmk and .gm81. All of this can be done without an external program.

#5 bc808

bc808

GMC Member

• 7 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

soo once i import my .gm81 file to the game maker studio then i have the html5 and can post it on the internet right :D

#6 Retarded Lemon

Retarded Lemon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:13 AM

soo once i import my .gm81 file to the game maker studio then i have the html5 and can post it on the internet right :D

Depends on the game, presuming that you have GM:Studio

#7 Joeben123

Joeben123

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:26 AM

If you get GM:Studio AND the Html 5 module then it will let you export for web browsers.

#8 bc808

bc808

GMC Member

• 7 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:13 AM

If you get GM:Studio AND the Html 5 module then it will let you export for web browsers.

w8 whats the html 5 module?

#9 Joeben123

Joeben123

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

So the way that GM:Studio works is that it has a base program like gm8 that can export to windows and mac. Then it has modules that you can buy as addons to GM:Studio, and they will let you export to things like android ios html5 windows8 ect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users