orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2272 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

:duck:

Endings Of The Ugly (V 1.0)

Note: This game is basically a remake of the first Saga Of The Ugly, only it has a lot of improvements, many more endings, and many more features.

Download(also linked at bottom): gamejolt, yoyogames, dropbox

Vidyo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsYr473PNsE

Posted Image

Posted Image

more:
http://i.imgur.com/BIHe3.png
http://i.imgur.com/g3h2j.png

Controls: Arrow keys to move & jump. Down arrow to continue text. Space to skip text.

Credits:
Game, graphics, sound effects: orange08
Music by Abixvatoz: http://www.newground...o/listen/491313
Testing: Speedchuck & CGPM

Special Thanks:
Spydog

Download: gamejolt, yoyogames, dropbox

Have fun!

-orange

Edited by orange08, 19 January 2013 - 03:46 PM.

Z8vrE7W.png WRhLqHy.png
"I'm just glad Off-topic isn't being removed. Otherwise I risk actually doing something productive." -RoyTheShort

#2 Koaske

Koaske

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 390 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

I knew to expect quality from this game! I still have good memories of your previous project I played (the one with the orange).
The concept you've come up with is interesting, and despite the fact that you're traversing the same areas again and again, the game doesn't get repetitive. This is because the areas aren't too big and the key events/items/creatures are placed close to each other. The feeling of exploration is very strong in this game! Excellent work with that :)

Of course, the game wouldn't be complete without all the randomness, weirdness and crazy dialogue. You'll keep a lot of players playing the game simply because they want to see what kind of madness you have in store for them next.

For example, in the hat ending, I knew what was coming, because I was warned beforehand. Still, I couldn't help but smile. :)

The graphical style you chose is nice because it's unique and personal. However, one drawback I find about the style is that it tends to have a little bit too much shaking. While the shakiness goes hand in hand with the 'ugly' theme of the game, I still find it somewhat irritating.

I rate this 9.5 / 10, and +1 for you :)

Edited by Koaske, 29 December 2012 - 11:18 PM.

#3 orange08

orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2272 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

@Koaske
Thanks for playing and reviewing! :) I'm glad you like the game.

There is a small graphical bug, that when

Spoiler
It's not a big thing, but I did notice it.

Nice catch! Just re-uploaded with that problem fixed!
Thanks for playing, reviewing, and reporting the bug! :)

-orange

Z8vrE7W.png WRhLqHy.png
"I'm just glad Off-topic isn't being removed. Otherwise I risk actually doing something productive." -RoyTheShort

#4 slayer 64

slayer 64

Slayer of gingers

• GMC Member
  • 4301 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:22 AM

i liked this. it was interesting and a random kinda funny. i liked how doing things slightly different created more outcomes, like stopping the blue guy from getting the gun or being killed by the robot or not. it would be interesting to take it further and combine more outcomes together instead of a few dead end ones, like the guy who gives me the drink.

5y5rs3d.pngfg0UQNL.png

#5 greep

greep

Menaces with Spikes

• GMC Member
  • 2398 posts
  • Version:GM7

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

Lol I died

Also, I must say it feels weird getting turned into a hat by the author of a game :o
GMC_Jam_11_SmallBanner_zps69ed8fdf.png
Spoiler

#6 orange08

orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2272 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

Endings Of The Ugly has been featured on Oddities!

Thank you all for playing and commenting!

Z8vrE7W.png WRhLqHy.png