5 replies to this topic

#1 Koaske

Koaske

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 390 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

NOTE: If you play my game and comment on it in this thread, I will do the same for you! Simply point me to your game's thread and I will try it out and leave feedback for you! =)

DOWNLOAD LINK

Posted Image
Puffer Snack is a project that I have been working for quite a while. The game could be described as an action/puzzle game that requires skill, reflexes and thinking. The player controls a young puffer who can grow in size after eating fish that are smaller than himself. Growing bigger allows you to eat even bigger fish. Fish bigger than you are a threat, and will eat you instead. Besides this, bigger size generally allows you to swim faster. However, in the big size, you can't get through narrow spaces, which is why you have to shrink now and then.

Check the short gameplay video I made:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0xXZrSvUDI

If you find any game-breaking bugs or serious flaws, I'd really appreciate if you pointed them out so I can fix them. Thanks in advance! :)

Category: Underwater puzzle/action (a bit hard to describe, see for yourself =))
File size: 31,3 Mb (zip)
Changes Screen Resolution: no
Vista Compatible: yes
GM version: 8.0 Pro
Download Link: http://sandbox.yoyog...39-puffer-snack

To play the game, download the .zip file and then open it with either WinZip or WinRAR. Extract all the files to the same folder. Finally, open the exe to start playing.

The game is in .zip format because the in-game music will be played by using separate files!

Controls:
Arrow Keys - Move the puffer
Space - spit (makes you shrink as well)
Z - Use objects that you are carrying in your mouth (World 3)
P - Pause the game

If you have Hot keys enabled (see options):
Q - exit a level
R - restart a level

Below, you can see a few screenshots of the game.

Screenshot
Screenshot 2
Screenshot 3

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Koaske, 28 December 2012 - 11:01 PM.

#2 rabidmedia

rabidmedia

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:31 AM

Hmmm, this seems pretty neat for not having any comments here... guess I'll try it... seems like a variation of EatFish for the collicovision. As a appreciator of classic games, I should enjoy this!
By the way, I have a project I'd like to get feedback for, it's a WIP, and I've spent a Year just getting this far. here's the link:
Hoard Beta 0.1
made in GM5 for compatibility purposes.
Visit my web site:
Rabidmedia homepage

#3 Bloodfoxx

Bloodfoxx

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 15 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:22 AM

This is a wonderful game. The artwork is really awesome, very cartoonish. I really have nothing horrible to say about this game, it's amazing. The sounds and sprites really fit together, and the puzzles are really intuitive. I wasn't completely happy about the file size, but it was definitely worth the download. Great game.
Posted Image
Plant defense game that requires quick reflexes.

Posted Image
Reunite a fish with its stolen eggs in this fast paced platformer.

Posted Image
An arcade game based around light and mirrors.

#4 Koaske

Koaske

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 390 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

rabidmedia: Where can I find this EatFish game you're talking about? I'd like to see some gameplay videos about it, if possible. Also, I'll be sure to check out your WIP!

Bloodfoxx: Thank you for your kind words! :)

#5 rabidmedia

rabidmedia

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:26 AM

I've had a chance to play this game! it's pretty fun! the graphics look hand drawn, are they? I couldn't find the original eatfish video, but I found an Atari remake: link to video
Visit my web site:
Rabidmedia homepage

#6 Koaske

Koaske

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 390 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:09 AM

Glad you find the game fun! Some of the graphics are hand-drawn, while some aren't. Most of the graphics were made by skilled artists and not by myself, so I don't know the full creation details about every single piece of artwork in the game.

Also, thanks for the video! That game indeed has the same basic concept as Puffer Snack... but otherwise is quite different.

Edited by Koaske, 24 January 2013 - 05:59 PM.