5 replies to this topic

#1 greep

greep

Menaces with Spikes

• GMC Member
  • 2398 posts
  • Version:GM7

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:11 AM

Edit: The game is now finished, check it out :)

Old Stuff:

Spoiler

Arc of Origins is a pretty strange adventure game. I originally started out just trying to make a rogue-like done in the top down format about 3 years ago. However, my friend (who did most of the art and music) wanted a more adventure styled game, and it morphed into the game you see now.

Here's a few screenshots of what you can expect to see:

Spoiler

The full game can be downloaded here:

http://sandbox.yoyog...-arc-of-origins

A short version can still be downloaded here which is a much shorter download and loads faster, but is incomplete: http://sandbox.yoyog...210079/download

Edited by greep, 31 March 2013 - 04:24 AM.

GMC_Jam_11_SmallBanner_zps69ed8fdf.png
Spoiler

#2 sanoj00

sanoj00

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 286 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

Looks really good. From the screenshots, i think that the grass doesn't fit in. And it's too bright. Lower the colors, please. Awesome job, though.

"That's what" -She

#3 greep

greep

Menaces with Spikes

• GMC Member
  • 2398 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

Yeah, this is actually my first game, and the early artwork is a bit jarring since we never really went back and worked on it. It does improve quite a bit after the first few levels, but unfortunately, it's not something I can fix at the moment. I was developing this on a shared computer, and someone really screwed it up, so I pretty much lost all my game maker stuff on it. I have all the files and everything backed up on a flash drive, but the game was made with game maker 7 pro and supersound extension, neither of which I can get my hands on at the moment. So editing the files and making a new version is not something I can do until I get that all sorted out.
Spoiler

#4 matte250_291319

matte250_291319

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 150 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

for object Sword_Swing_Parent:

Error in code at line 1:
if (room_previous_sword != room)

at position 5: Unknown variable room_previous_sword

#5 greep

greep

Menaces with Spikes

• GMC Member
  • 2398 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

Ah shoot, yeah this is an earlier version, we've fixed that by now. For the moment, just don't do an attack while switching rooms :( Honestly it's a bit frustrating having to deal with my co-developer, I'd rather just release the finished version right now.

Edited by greep, 01 January 2013 - 01:25 AM.

Spoiler

#6 greep

greep

Menaces with Spikes

• GMC Member
  • 2398 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:19 AM

Bump!  The full version, which is about 3 times as long, is now available for download here:

http://sandbox.yoyog...-arc-of-origins

Saves from the short version should be (I think) compatable with this version (just move the save folders and any .ini files to the new folder).

Spoiler