• Version:Unknown

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:06 AM

Product License:
Freeware

Version:

Application Category:
Software Application

Information:
Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Maker is an offline Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game card generator.

Key Features:
- original Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game fonts
- supports all the various card types, including Synchro and Xyz monsters
- card rarity toggle
- auto-fix image size

Screenshots:
Posted Image

Changelog:
- optimised the application
- fixed the saving problem
- support for Windows Vista, 7 and 8 (with the new C++ runner)
- support for Xyz monsters
- minor bug fixes

Download Link

Edited by xyta, 02 December 2012 - 02:53 PM.

I have taken over Bitsoft's works

#2 Master Xilo

Master Xilo

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 396 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

Some thoughts after looking at it for a few minutes:
  • I really don't like having to install something so small. Please just put it in a folder in a zip or at least additionally provide a version with just a zip.
  • The GUI seems to lag a bit, maybe you can optimize some things. Also the CPU usage is way to high with 10%, try to make the application freeze like 5 ms every frame. A static GUI like that really shouldn't be such a power hog, even with the Game Maker.
  • I suggest using standard windows GUI Elements instead of your own. You are lacking a lot of features people are used to like tabbing, text selection and navigation with the arrow keys. Also your text area doesn't auto line break the text if it has no spaces.
  • However instead of optimising that self made classical gui, just make the whole interface more graphical and WYSIWYG - let the user select the background from a list of images and allow editing the text in place.
  • I like how much you paid attention to detail. Like the title font getting thinner when the name is really long.
  • Make the S/T Type or Level/Rank field disappear based on the choice of card type.
  • Saving doesn't work and it suggests a weird default file name "unnamed.mpng.png"
  • The ATK and def values are a few pixels too low and the text is hard to read in the current version. It seems you switched to antialiased fonts...

Edited by Master Xilo, 02 December 2012 - 10:13 AM.

#3 xyta

xyta

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:04 AM

Thanks for the feedback.

1. GMS packages executables in an installer automatically. There is nothing that I can do to change that.
2. To be honest, I don't actually play the game anymore so I don't use this program at all anymore. But when I tested this version before releasing it, it ran fine on a dual-core Win7 laptop and a Win8 laptop. But I'll look into deactivating forms that aren't being used and then reactivate them when the mouse is clicked.
3. I tried to avoid using a DLL as I haven't used one in GMS. I'm not sure, at the moment, where the external files are located, and I don't really like usng DLL's, even for 3D games. I'm busy with another project and other living things so I don't have time to work on text boxes using pure GML. If there is an example/script or something out there somewhere in pure GML, please point me to it. If not. I will consider using that max win api DLL perhaps when I look into this project again.
4. Too much work to change a small program. I'd rather just use the win api DLL to optimise it.
5. Thanks.
6. Wait! You mean if you choose a monster, then it still shows the quick play or equip sign? I thought I made that right in the first version. And if you choose a spell then it still shows stars on the card? Very strange. Please confirm if this is what you mean.
7. I'll look into the saving problem.
8. I'll lift the ATK and DEF up. What does "antialias" mean? If I can't change that (whatever it is), I don't think I can fix the text. It looks that way because the font is like that. Unless I change the font to a false one.

#4 Master Xilo

Master Xilo

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 396 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

6. No It doesn't show the stars on the card anymore and the dropdown box under Level/Rank is empty (I believe), but I'd make id disappear completely and change roles with the S/T Types field.

8. "Antialiasing" in this context means that the font's outline is not perfectly pixel sharp but blurred. There's a setting in the font editor of the game maker to control the antialiasing level.

#5 xyta

xyta

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

The save problem seems to be with GMS. I will use GM8 to compile the next version. That will also remove the Installer nuisance. It will also make it easier to use the WinAPI because I know where the files will be located.

I don't know what wrong with GMS though. If I use screen_save_part then the image file is corrupted. When I use screen_save on the full window, it saves fine. But when I try to draw only the card in a deprecate room of correct width and height and screen_save only that, it becomes corrupt again. I think it has something to do with the size of the card not being of the same ratio as the standard screen. I really have no idea what's wrong. Either way, I'm using GM8 next time.

EDIT: Updated to 2.1.0. Used GM8 so no more installer, saving error has been fixed and the program should not lag anymore.

Edited by xyta, 02 December 2012 - 02:55 PM.