• GMC Member
  • 4394 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

Setting up a SVN repository and working copy of a GMS project

By GameGeisha
Updated for GMS 1.1.754

Temporary notice: 1.1.750 and 1.1.754, Steam version only
I have been alerted to a very serious bug in the SVN integration, localized to the Steam version only. This bug will prevent your SVN from working at all, not even with my fixes. If you use these affected versions, please do not follow this guide until the bug is resolved.

Introduction
This is a simpler and more generalized version of an earlier guide I wrote for setting up a local SVN repository. By the end of this guide, you will have a fully functional, GMS-compatible SVN-versioned project for personal use or team development. For the setup process, a small batch tool will be used instead of GMS. This tutorial assumes a basic understanding of GMS and Windows administration.

Downloads

Step 1: Install TortoiseSVN
Note: If you already have a SVN client, skip this step.
  • Download and run the TortoiseSVN installer.
  • Accept the license agreement and choose the Custom Setup. Make sure “Command line client tools” is marked for installation.
  • You will be requested to restart your computer after installation completes.

Step 2: Create an SVN repository
Note: You may skip this step if you already have a local or remote repository. However, please take note of your repository’s URL in preparation for subsequent steps.

Option A: Creating a local SVN repository for personal use
Note: The repository created this way can only be accessed by you. If you want your project to be accessible to others, you should create a remote SVN repository as described in Option B.
  • Find a permanent location that:
    • You have write permission to.
    • Is outside the directory of the project you wish to version.
  • Create a directory in the location found in Step 2.1. Remember the full path to this directory.
  • Right-click on the directory created in Step 2.2, select TortoiseSVN -> Create repository here.
  • Press OK.

Option B: Creating a remote SVN repository
Note: This guide will use Assembla as the SVN repository host. If you decide to sign up with other SVN repository hosts, make sure you set up your account according to their instructions and note the full URL to your repository for subsequent steps.
  • Create and activate a new SVN account at Assembla.
  • If you have other members on your team:
    • Click on “Team”.
    • For each member on your team:
      • Enter the current member’s email address, then click “Search”.
      • Choose a role according to the current member’s status in the team. Owners have full control over the project, Members can only commit and checkout, and Watchers can only checkout.
    • Click “Invite”
  • Click on “Source/SVN”.
  • Take note of the SVN repository URL provided. If you wish, you can click the small clipboard button to copy the URL for future reference.

Step 3: Import from GMS
  • Download the GMSImport.bat tool and save it somewhere outside your project. If you are not sure, the Desktop is a good place to put it. You can also get the GMSImport.bat by copying and pasting the following:
    Spoiler
  • Make sure that GMS is not using your project before proceeding.
  • As a precaution, make a backup copy of your project in case the conversion process to a working copy breaks your project.
  • Drag your project directory’s icon onto the GMSImport.bat.
  • Enter your repository’s URL, including a final slash:
    • For local repositories: Start with file:////, then the full path to your repository with all backslashes (\) replaced with slashes (/). (e.g. Repository at D:\REPO, key in file:////D:/REPO/)
    • For remote repositories on Assembla: Enter or paste the SVN repository URL noted in Step 2.4.
    • For remote repositories elsewhere: Enter the full URL to the SVN repository as specified by your provider.
  • Enter your login details. If you are using a local repository, you may leave both the username and password blank.
  • Wait until the tool completes the import process and converts your project into a working copy. If error messages appear, follow the instructions displayed on the prompt and try again.
  • A checkout key batch file will appear next to your project directory. Keep it in a safe place. In case you lose your working copy or it breaks, you can use the checkout key to spawn a new working copy.
  • If you have other members on your team, email the checkout key to them. Ask them to save the checkout key where they want their working copy to be, run the key and enter their login details. If successful, they too will get a new working copy identical to yours.
Temporary troubleshooting note: 1.1.750 and 1.1.754, non-Steam versions only
GMS 1.1.750 and 1.1.754 are the first versions to rely on bundled SVN binaries, and this transition is known to break the SVN integration. If your SVN-versioned projects appear as unversioned only within GMS, you need to make some adjustments in the registry. There are 2 options:
  • If you installed or upgraded to 1.1.750 on a 32-bit system, or if you want to use external SVN binaries that come with your SVN client, consult this bug report for a solution.
  • If you upgraded to 1.1.754 from 1.1.750 or lower and would like to use the bundled SVN binaries, consult this post for a solution.

Conclusion
This concludes the process of setting up a SVN-versioned project. With your new repository, you will enjoy the benefit of automated backups, easy version management without redundant copies, and manageable collaboration with your teammates.
If you have any comments, questions or suggestions about this guide, feel free to reply here or via PM.

Posted Image

Edit: Guide updated to use an external batch file for importing in place of GMS, added instructions for online repositories. svnfix_gms.bat has been moved off to a separate topic.

Update (5 Jan 2013): Troubleshooting notes added for 1.1.750-1.1.754.

Edited by GameGeisha, 06 January 2013 - 10:40 PM.

#2 grugin

grugin

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

thank you for sharing this, works well and it's pretty clear !!!

#3 kakmnesu

kakmnesu

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

A

I did all of it using the
https//riouxsvn.com online repository,
TortoiseSVN 1.7.10, Build 23359 - 64 Bit,
SilkSVN Version 1.7.7.
gamemaker studio 1.1.622
After changing and commiting a script inside i get

Refreshing SVN Status...Finishedsvn commit -m "scr_chest added te | " "C:\Games\GMS\Projects\game.gmx\scripts" --no-auth-cache --username  --password 

This application has halted due to an unexpected error.
A crash report and minidump file were saved to disk, you can find them here:
C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\svn-crash-log20121124203137.log
C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\svn-crash-log20121124203137.dmp
Please send the log file to users@subversion.apache.org to help us analyze
and solve this problem.

NOTE: The crash report and minidump files can contain some sensitive information
(filenames, partial file content, usernames and passwords etc.)

and

Refreshing SVN Status...Finishedsvn commit -m "scr_chest added te | " "C:\Games\GMS\Projects\game.gmx\scripts" --no-auth-cache --username  --password 

svn: E155004: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: E155004: Working copy 'C:\Games\GMS\Projects\game.gmx' locked.
svn: E155004: 'C:\Games\GMS\Projects\game.gmx' is already locked.
svn: run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help cleanup' for details)
Refreshing SVN Status...Finished

doing a cleanup with turtoise or running the script again doesnt resolve the errors. only cleaning up and commiting with turtoise works. not inside game maker studio

this is the error log:

Spoiler

B

I followed the tutorial and set up a local repository, i can change and commit the change to the repository, but whenever i delete something inside gamemaker (ie a script) and try to get the deleted file from the repository, it doesn't show up. I think that has something to do with the way game maker handles deleted files. i changed a script, didn't commit it but tried to get the previous file from the repository (revert). it worked.

Conclusion

there is something wrong with online repositories or my configuration
there is something odd about gamemaker studio and deleted files

Edited by kakmnesu, 28 November 2012 - 10:42 PM.

#4 GameGeisha

GameGeisha

GameGeisha

• GMC Member
  • 4394 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:09 AM

I did all of it using the
https//riouxsvn.com online repository,
TortoiseSVN 1.7.10, Build 23359 - 64 Bit,
SilkSVN Version 1.7.7.
gamemaker studio 1.1.622

First of all, having two SVN clients running on your system might cause them to conflict, especially if the underlying SVN versions are different. Uninstall both of them, then reinstall just one of them. On my machine, having just TortoiseSVN works great.

In addition, the botched commit will likely have messed up your repository, perhaps rendering the SVN commands in the svnfix_gms.bat useless. Fortunately, I have run into a similar problem before and know how to fix it. I will add an additional "svn cleanup" to the beginning of the svnfix_gms.bat from the guide to help catch cases like yours.

I followed the tutorial and set up a local repository, i can change and commit the change to the repository, but whenever i delete something inside gamemaker (ie a script) and try to get the deleted file from the repository, it doesn't show up. I think that has something to do with the way game maker handles deleted files. i changed a script, didn't commit it but tried to get the previous file from the repository (revert). it worked.

When you delete something, it won't be deleted from the repository until you commit. Once you do it'll be gone from subsequent revisions. But remember that you can always roll back to older revisions and get the deleted content back --- that's one of the great things about source control.

there is something wrong with online repositories or my configuration
there is something odd about gamemaker studio and deleted files

Upon reading your message, I experimented once more with the test Assembla account I set up in October, but everything seems to be in order.

Try dropping your directory onto the new svnfix_gms.bat and see if that can restore your project. Your SVN host is probably fine as your TortoiseSVN works flawlessly with it. It should only be a matter of a couple of some user-side adjustments before you are good to go again.

Thank you for your feedback.

GameGeisha

#5 Alpha Beta Soup

Alpha Beta Soup

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 178 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

Thanks for this. The batch file was great and simple to use.

#6 kakmnesu

kakmnesu

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:48 AM

Removed both svn clients and intalled only tortoise
Did the tutorial with riouxsvn, inserted the url
https://riouxsvn.com/svn/dngame/
added my game to the repository and ran your bat,
restarted gms

created a new script, committed
Refreshing SVN Status...FinishedA         C:\Games\GMS\Projects\svn\dngame.gmx\scripts\script6.gml
Authentication realm: <https://riouxsvn.com:443> RiouxSVN
Password for '--password':

! still there

clicked update

svn: E155004: Working copy 'C:\Games\GMS\Projects\svn\dngame.gmx' locked.
svn: E155004: 'C:\Games\GMS\Projects\svn\dngame.gmx\scripts' is already locked.

used tortoises cleanup and clicked update

Updating 'C:\Games\GMS\Projects\svn\dngame.gmx':
At revision 2.

update worked

tried to commit the script again

Adding         Projects\svn\dngame.gmx\scripts\script6.gml
Transmitting file data .
Committed revision 3.
svn: warning: W150002: 'C:\Games\GMS\Projects\svn\dngame.gmx\scripts\script6.gml' is already under version control
svn: E200009: Could not add all targets because some targets are already versioned
svn: E200009: Illegal target for the requested operation

its green now, seems to work.

i delete the script inside gamemaker and click update all

At revision 3.

i click refresh status

Refreshing SVN Status...

and it doesn't do anything after that

i can't get the script, shouldnt i be able to get the script out of the online repository?

i try closing gms, it asks me to save. i save. it doesn't close. i force close it.

i start gms, commit again,

Refreshing SVN Status...FinishedAuthentication realm: <https://riouxsvn.com:443> RiouxSVN

i update

svn: E155004: Working copy 'C:\Games\GMS\Projects\svn\dngame.gmx' locked.
svn: E155004: 'C:\Games\GMS\Projects\svn\dngame.gmx' is already locked.

i do the cleanup and update

svn: E170001: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'https://riouxsvn.com/svn/dngame/dngame'
svn: E170001: OPTIONS of 'https://riouxsvn.com/svn/dngame/dngame': authorization failed: Could not authenticate to server: rejected Basic challenge (https://riouxsvn.com)

i add the script, nothing happens

i commit it

Access violation at address FF000CC2. Read of address FF000CC2.
Crash

:chikin/>/>

I try it with assembla,

commit, green, but no log window.

i delete the committed file locally and try to get it back it from the repo. every command doesn't do anything. and i can't see whats wrong

restart gamemaker, log is visible again

i create an object and commit it

svn: warning: W150002: 'C:\Games\GMS\Projects\svn\testnone.gmx\objects' is already under version control
svn: E200009: Could not add all targets because some targets are already versioned
A         C:\Games\GMS\Projects\svn\testnone.gmx\objects\object0fg.object.gmx
Authentication realm: <https://subversion.assembla.com:443> Assembla Restricted Area

i try to exit gms, can't. force close it.
i use your bat
restart gms

commit a new room, same:

svn: warning: W150002: 'C:\Games\GMS\Projects\svn\testnone.gmx\rooms' is already under version control
A         C:\Games\GMS\Projects\svn\testnone.gmx\rooms\room1.room.gmx
Authentication realm: <https://subversion.assembla.com:443> Assembla Restricted Area

Edited by kakmnesu, 27 November 2012 - 08:17 AM.

#7 GameGeisha

GameGeisha

GameGeisha

• GMC Member
  • 4394 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

created a new script, committed

Refreshing SVN Status...FinishedA         C:\Games\GMS\Projects\svn\
dngame.gmx\scripts\script6.gml

From what I remember from earlier experimentation on 1.1.622, the "Password for '--password'" prompt only shows up when you leave the password field blank. The stalled login prompt that results is what causes your files to be locked. This observation is also consistent with how your subsequent attempts to commit results in authentication errors.

Make sure to fill in your username and password, then try again.

Testing note: Tried again with full login information on GMS v1.1.676 and Assembla repository, no problem. This is definitely a setup problem on your end.

GameGeisha

PS: Would anyone reading this guide be interested in a new guide specifically geared towards online repositories, or would you like me to extend this tutorial to cover that? Let me know what you think.

#8 kakmnesu

kakmnesu

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:06 AM

I will tell you what i do in detail

gamemaker studio 1.1.622.20107
TortoiseSVN 1.7.10, Build 23359 - 32 Bit , 2012/10/08 11:46:26
Subversion 1.7.7,
apr 1.4.6
apr-utils 1.3.12
neon 0.29.6
OpenSSL 1.0.1c 10 May 2012
zlib 1.2.7

i set up a new repository at riouxsvn, named testgaem, i don't automatically set up trunk etc folders
the repo url is https://riouxsvn.com/svn/testgaem I'm told
i open gamemaker studio
i create a new game called testgaem1, svn\testgaem1.gmx
i add a sprite, a room, a script and an object, test it and save it.
exit and reopen the porject
global game settings, source control:
Username my username,
password my password
url https://riouxsvn.com/svn/testgaem/
check use source control
press import project to repository
wait for the console
press ok
copy contents:
Spoiler

save the project
exit gms
see the folder has a red !
use your bat (drag the folder inside it)
wait
folder has a green ok
start gms, load the project
create a new sprite, save it
check the global game settings, login data still present
sprite, sc add: nothing
sprite, sc commit:
A         C:\Games\GMS\Projects\svn\testgaem1.gmx\sprites\sprite1.sprite.gmx
Adding         Projects\svn\testgaem1.gmx\sprites\sprite1.sprite.gmx
Transmitting file data .
Committed revision 3.
save
edit the sprite origin
save
still green
edit the sprite image itself
save
red !
sprite, sc commit
crash
use your bat again
open project
edit the sprite image
save
still green
edit again
save
red !
commit
open global game settings, see username and password
sprite, revert
svn: E155004: Working copy 'C:\Games\GMS\Projects\svn\testgaem1.gmx\sprites' locked.
svn: E155004: 'C:\Games\GMS\Projects\svn\testgaem1.gmx' is already locked.

sprite commit
svn: E155004: Working copy 'C:\Games\GMS\Projects\svn\testgaem1.gmx' locked.
svn: E155004: Working copy 'C:\Games\GMS\Projects\svn\testgaem1.gmx\sprites' locked.

exit, can't exit, force close
use your bat
open, edit, not red, edit other sprite, red. commit all
svn: warning: W150002: 'C:\Games\GMS\Projects\svn\testgaem1.gmx\sprites\images' is already under version control
svn: warning: W150002: 'C:\Games\GMS\Projects\svn\testgaem1.gmx\sprites' is already under version control
svn: warning: W150002: 'C:\Games\GMS\Projects\svn\testgaem1.gmx\sprites\images' is already under version control

I just found out that if i don't use a password while setting up the import, gms will do exactly the same as before.

Edited by kakmnesu, 28 November 2012 - 10:41 PM.

#9 GameGeisha

GameGeisha

GameGeisha

• GMC Member
  • 4394 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

I have rewritten the guide to use a more streamlined batch tool instead of GMS to import a project. In addition, a section for setting up a remote repository and getting working copies on fellow team members' systems has been added. This should satisfy the needs of any GMS user who wish to source-control their projects.

Enjoy!

@kakmnesu
Export your testgaem1.gmx as a .gmz backup, then delete the testgaem1.gmx directory. Press Windows+R, type cmd, then enter. In sequence, execute the following commands:
cd /d C:\Games\GMS\Projects\svn
svn co "https://riouxsvn.com/svn/testgaem"
ren "testgaem" "testgaem.gmx"
Also, as a service to other members who may browse this topic, please put spoiler tags around the long error messages from your last post.

GameGeisha

Edited by GameGeisha, 28 November 2012 - 08:19 PM.

#10 kakmnesu

kakmnesu

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

I used your tool and tried to change and commit some resources.. that happened:
http://i50.tinypic.com/2s64j80.png
http://i48.tinypic.com/nv431y.png

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
Game Maker Studio v1.1.676
TortoiseSVN 1.7.10, Build 23359 - 64 Bit , 2012/10/08 11:46:26
Subversion 1.7.7,
apr 1.4.6
apr-utils 1.3.12
neon 0.29.6
OpenSSL 1.0.1c 10 May 2012
zlib 1.2.7

after that the files were locked and i did a cleanup, but another try resulted in the same crash.
I also noticed that the red !'s didn't appear until i clicked commit (right before adding the comment).

Oh, its working!

I did it the "old" way (worked with gms 1.1.676, not 1.1.622!)
create online repo, create local project, add stuff to project, add project to repo through gms, save and quit, run old bat
Spoiler

, start gms, change something, save, commit it, change something, save, revert it, click commit, cancel the commit. see that the file is reverted and green.

strange thing is, to actually see changes or updated resources i have to click commit all, then cancel. after clicking commit the symbols change to their actual state(green, red etc)

Edited by kakmnesu, 28 November 2012 - 11:29 PM.

#11 nikurizo

nikurizo

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:44 AM

The GMSImport tool shows this error message after entering my username and password.

'svn' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I've already installed the TortoiseSVN and I'm trying to use assembla as my repository.

#12 GameGeisha

GameGeisha

GameGeisha

• GMC Member
  • 4394 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

The GMSImport tool shows this error message after entering my username and password.

'svn' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I've already installed the TortoiseSVN and I'm trying to use assembla as my repository.

Make sure to include "Command line client tools" when you installed TortoiseSVN. That error occurs only when that isn't done. For now, you can fix your installation by manually including the bin directory from your TortoiseSVN installation directory (should have svn.exe inside) to your user path or system path environment variable.

GameGeisha

#13 nikurizo

nikurizo

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

Make sure to include "Command line client tools" when you installed TortoiseSVN. That error occurs only when that isn't done. For now, you can fix your installation by manually including the bin directory from your TortoiseSVN installation directory (should have svn.exe inside) to your user path or system path environment variable.

GameGeisha

svn.exe weren't there so I uninstalled tortoise and installed it again with the "command client tools" and now svn works and I have the svn.exe, also this tuime my project was imported correctly.

When i create a new resource I get this error message, or similar.

svn: warning: W155010: 'C:\Pruevatest.gmx\sprites\sprite1.sprite.gmx' not found
svn: E200009: Could not add all targets because some targets don't exist

But isn't a big deal, I think. Its solved when pressing add.

This is really buggy. Sometimes gms crashes with an access violation address message when i try to commit. Also I CAN'T commit without restarting gms. No matter if i create a new resource or modify one when I try to commit gm tells me that "no files were changed" until I restart gms.

Any way THANK you.

#14 smit293

smit293

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

Hey GameGeisha first I want to say thanks for putting this out here! We have been having one hell of a time getting an online repo to work for our group to use with minimal need to follow 10 steps to save one file. Getting this setup is still complicated and I am unsure why. Followed your directions to the letter including the bat file and even using Assembla (even tho we have cloudforge, but that doesn't seem to want to work either) and now when I opened the GMS file that is properly linked to the svn (green check mark after cleanup) I get this:

svn: E155007: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\gamemaker_studio\No files were changed' is not a working copy

whenever I try to commit

Also the icons in game maker that are supposed to display file status on the SVN do not appear. Not sure why.

Then when I am in game maker and I try to create an object as I create it this message appears:
svn: warning: W155010: 'C:\*******game.gmx\objects\object1.object.gmx' not found
svn: E200009: Could not add all targets because some targets don't exist

So I save the gmx then add the object and when i try to commit I get the same message as above. Although when I hit update it says it updates but the revision stays the same? Not sure what I am doing wrong here and would appreciate any help!

I just deleted that object to see what would happen and I got this message:

svn: E195006: Use --force to override this restriction (local modifications may be lost)
svn: E195006: 'C:\*****game.gmx\objects\obj_testsvn.object.gmx' has local modifications -- commit or revert them first

The object deleted from GM:S fine not sure what this meant?

Maybe I am wrong isn't this supposed to work using the commit and update stuff IN GM:S or do I still have to go to the folder and change it with Tortoise?

I also get told that "This project is NOT under source control" in the global game settings even though it clearly is?

Edited by smit293, 18 February 2013 - 09:34 PM.

#15 GameGeisha

GameGeisha

GameGeisha

• GMC Member
  • 4394 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

What you have described are all current bugs in the SVN integration:
For the SVN icons, you can just right-click on the resources list and select Source Control -> Refresh all. For the last error, save first, then add the resource manually with Source Control -> Add. Personally I have been unable to reproduce the first error, so I don't know what to do about it.

even tho we have cloudforge, but that doesn't seem to want to work either

The SVN problems have nothing to do with your provider, it has to do with the way GMS deals with SVN. If you try using TortoiseSVN to do the SVN operations instead, everything just works.

So I save the gmx then add the object and when i try to commit I get the same message as above. Although when I hit update it says it updates but the revision stays the same? Not sure what I am doing wrong here and would appreciate any help!

The revision number changes only when you commit successfully, and from what you said I can tell that the commit failed.

svn: E195006: Use --force to override this restriction (local modifications may be lost)
svn: E195006: 'C:\*****game.gmx\objects\obj_testsvn. object.gmx' has local modifications -- commit or revert them first

It just means the file has been modified since the last commit and SVN doesn't want you to delete it just yet.

GameGeisha

#16 smit293

smit293

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

What you have described are all current bugs in the SVN integration:

For the SVN icons, you can just right-click on the resources list and select Source Control -> Refresh all. For the last error, save first, then add the resource manually with Source Control -> Add. Personally I have been unable to reproduce the first error, so I don't know what to do about it.

even tho we have cloudforge, but that doesn't seem to want to work either

The SVN problems have nothing to do with your provider, it has to do with the way GMS deals with SVN. If you try using TortoiseSVN to do the SVN operations instead, everything just works.

The revision number changes only when you commit successfully, and from what you said I can tell that the commit failed.

svn: E195006: 'C:\*****game.gmx\objects\obj_testsvn. object.gmx' has local modifications -- commit or revert them first

It just means the file has been modified since the last commit and SVN doesn't want you to delete it just yet.

GameGeisha

Thanks for the fast response although quite sad to see these are "Known Issues" with something that was part of their selling point to us for using GM:S (Collaboration tools) seems like a bit of false advertising.

As for the SVN Icons that still doesn't work I refresh and nothing changes at all. No code gets executed as far as I can tell and no icons appear.

It does allow me to add after I save the GMX file of course because the object is now real, but no icons still of course and when I try to commit after adding it doesn't work.

The only way I can make any of that work is TortoiseSVN :( Well I do appreciate your help on this just sucks we have wasted 2 days trying to get collab to work from within GM:S and it appears it will not happen because YoYo apparently falsely advertises.

EDIT: Also I've never been able to get game maker to tell me a project is source controlled any idea to that?

ANOTHER EDIT: I just thought about something... does game maker even run at 64-bit? Could this be 64-bit related? I've seen lots of complaints for people using 64-bit and I myself am doing so as well. If so any thoughts on how to test that theory?

ME AGAIN: I also noticed if I go into the Global Game Settings to check the source control stuff then save my source control and commit update options disappear from the items on the tree. Not sure why that happens? Even IF I don't change anything

Edited by smit293, 18 February 2013 - 10:25 PM.

#17 Sir Random Guy

Sir Random Guy

GMC Member

• 1 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:00 PM

I need some help with this. Whenever I add the project to a repository, be it with GameMaker Studio or the batch file, the project is changed to a folder withouth ".gmx" in its name. And because of this, the game won't run or be saved, as the path to the project is different. If I change its name, the repository won't work properly. Any ideas?

By the way, the repository I use is RiousxSVN.

Edited by Sir Random Guy, 22 October 2013 - 10:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users