70 replies to this topic

#1 rwkay

rwkay

YoYo Games CTO

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 1975 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:26 PM

We are pleased to announce that anyone who purchases GameMaker: Studio Master Collection will automatically receive new modules as they are released for GameMaker: Studio 1.x, for no additional charge, increasing the value of the Master Collection hugely.

If you have purchased GameMaker: Studio Professional and ALL modules by the end of October* for any existing and new purchases, will get an upgrade at no additional cost to the Master Collection level, allowing everyone to take part in this offer.

The YoYo Team....

* (this will be 1st November 11am GMT, for fact fans)

#2 Kouri

Kouri

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 158 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

Just for my own clarification.

I'd purchased Studio before it was divided into seperate tiers, along with the HTML5 and Android modules.

I recently also had these licenses transferred to Steam.

So, I should be able to purchase the iOS module from your website, receive a Steam key for that module, and then both my Steam and non-Steam licenses would be upgraded to GM:Studio Master, entitling me to any future modules for GM:S 1.x?

#3 rwkay

rwkay

YoYo Games CTO

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 1975 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

If you purchase from our Website we will upgrade you to Master Collection (on the day mentioned above) and then you will receive any updates (and the Steam Key to go with them).

We will be working with Valve to implement the same deal on Steam, but that is unconfirmed at this time.

Russell

#4 ChefDavid22

ChefDavid22

No, YOU shut up!

• GMC Member
  • 1193 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

Incredible. So glad I broke down and bought all the modules!!!

#5 Mr. RPG

Mr. RPG

GMC's Forum Troll

• GMC Member
  • 3018 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

Too bad I cannot shell out the $400 dollars to do this. Posted Image

#6 Kazzerigian

Kazzerigian

GMC Member

• 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

If you purchase from our Website we will upgrade you to Master Collection (on the day mentioned above) and then you will receive any updates (and the Steam Key to go with them).

We will be working with Valve to implement the same deal on Steam, but that is unconfirmed at this time.

Russell

Just to be clear, purchasing the Master Collection through Steam does receive all future updates. It's the piecemeal purchasing by EOM that's not yet confirmed with Steam?

This is sooooo tempting as I just started playing with GM:S 3 days ago!

#7 rwkay

rwkay

YoYo Games CTO

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 1975 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:34 PM

To be clear if you purchase the Master Collection (through us or Steam) you will receive all the future modules...

The only bit we have to work with Valve on is the piecemeal purchases and classifying those.

Russell

#8 fenyxofshadows

fenyxofshadows

coobie

• GMC Member
  • 446 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

sadly i don't have $500 for the three modules i'm missing... but this is an excellent deal!

#9 Kouri

Kouri

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

Aaand I finally grabbed that iOS module I've been putting off. Thanks for the heads up~

#10 Kazzerigian

Kazzerigian

GMC Member

• 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

That about makes it a done deal. Thanks for the great bargain on this product! I don't think I want to tie it to my Steam account, though. Thanks again!

#11 PanicBomber

PanicBomber

Panic Arts

• GMC Member
  • 632 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

so now that i have html5 ios and android i will get win8 for free?

#12 xot

xot

GMC Dismember

• Retired Staff
  • 4772 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

Great news!

#13 Mr. RPG

Mr. RPG

GMC's Forum Troll

• GMC Member
  • 3018 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

I love how every time I want to take advantage of a deal from YoYo Games, conveniently I am not able to. Posted Image Not that I am mad or anything.

#14 David Batty

David Batty

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

I have GM Studio with HTML5 and Android modules, I was not interested in purchasing the final IOS module until I had a bestseller.... but I must have it now to complete the collection.

Update....

I just purchased IOS module. So I now have Windows, Mac Os X, HTML5, iOS and Android in my Target dropdown. I think that makes me eligible to be classed as "Master Collection" now?

Edited by David Batty, 05 October 2012 - 09:37 PM.

#15 cotycrg

cotycrg

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 867 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

I have GM Studio with HTML5 and Android modules, I was not interested in purchasing the final IOS module until I had a bestseller.... but I must have it now to complete the collection.

Same here. I didn't plan on getting the iOS one unless I actually had the equipment..but getting the Windows 8 modules + whatever comes next all for free would be wonderful.

Damn..you...college tuitioooooooooon!

#16 True Valhalla

True Valhalla

ಠ_ಠ

• Retired Staff
  • 5197 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

I just purchased IOS module. So I now have Windows, Mac Os X, HTML5, iOS and Android in my Target dropdown. I think that makes me eligible to be classed as "Master Collection" now?

Yes, that's correct.

#17 Research

Research

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:04 AM

Shut up and take my money! :biggrin:

All the news is very exciting.
The GameMaker has taken a huge leap in this generation.

#18 Kapser

Kapser

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1633 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

So if I buy the missing modules I complete the master collection, but I can't do this on steam to get the 10% bonus, right?

I'd like to make sure before buying on yoyogames because I really wouldn't mind a little steam deal :)

#19 Derme

Derme

Time for a break.

• GMC Member
  • 401 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:50 PM

So if I buy the missing modules I complete the master collection, but I can't do this on steam to get the 10% bonus, right?

I'd like to make sure before buying on yoyogames because I really wouldn't mind a little steam deal :)

You can get the 10% off on the YYG website, also if you buy though YYG you will get Steam keys. :)

EDIT: Grammar Errors

Edited by Derme, 08 October 2012 - 11:53 PM.

#20 killer24norway

killer24norway

Perfectionist

• GMC Member
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

This is very cool! But I think that game maker is overpriced.. Still, nice to have 10% off at steam :)

#21 Perfectw8

Perfectw8

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:49 AM

So, i have got GM Studio with Windows 7, Mac OX and HTML5 from my GM HTML5 purchase, so, "technically", i have the Professional version of it and will i get the free update to get the feature of all future modules for free?

#22 David Batty

David Batty

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

So, i have got GM Studio with Windows 7, Mac OX and HTML5 from my GM HTML5 purchase, so, "technically", i have the Professional version of it and will i get the free update to get the feature of all future modules for free?

You will need to purchase both the iOS and Android modules for it to be the Master Collection version and therefore eligible for the free updates.

#23 Perfectw8

Perfectw8

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

You will need to purchase both the iOS and Android modules for it to be the Master Collection version and therefore eligible for the free updates.

Ok, thx for your answer!

#24 e_barroga

e_barroga

ES Studios Leader

• GMC Member
  • 2449 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:36 AM

I bought master collection because everything I needed ended up being $400.00, so I figured... might as well dish another $100.00 to save $100.00 in the long run... I'm glad I did after hearing this announcement. I didn't even know about it, just bought master collection yesterday.

#25 atower79

atower79

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

How do I know I've been upgraded to Master Collection?

#26 2Dcube

2Dcube

Programming sucks

• GMC Member
  • 746 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

Mine also still says "Professional Edition" at the top.

#27 rwkay

rwkay

YoYo Games CTO

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 1975 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

When everything is processed you will just need to do a License Update on Help -> Update License, we will let you know when it is all ready.

Russell

#28 TeamSteeve

TeamSteeve

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1200 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

Hey it worked!
I just resubmitted my license and BANG, Master Collection.
Happy days! :thumbsup:

EDIT:
How about Steam Russell? Is there a chance that the Steam versions of GM will be able to be upgraded to Master Collection?

Edited by TeamSteeve, 02 November 2012 - 11:59 AM.

#29 Mike.Dailly

Mike.Dailly

Evil YoYo Games Employee

• Administrators
  • 2571 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

The modules will be applied in steam, but there is no "special" license in steam, so it won't display that - but you will get your free modules.

#30 2Dcube

2Dcube

Programming sucks

• GMC Member
  • 746 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

Worked for me too! I feel awesome now! :medieval:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users