That's one hell of a list you got there man, haha.
1. Does it really matter that much though? I guess when you're using a high resolution it is a tad small.
2. I thought that would make it easier to read, in my case it does.
3. I did, but only with the first link. I added all the files without a map in the zip for YOYO games and Game Jolt so people can use the 'play online' option (although YOYO is having problems with my game, not sure why).
4. I made the readme a txt so everyone can open it without the need of some sort of program like word. The changes are in a doc format because when I first released this game back in 2008 I only used word and I was too lazy too change it to another format (as this also works), when I re-released the game previous year.
5. Don't know, that's something I like to do. Is it thát a big deal though?
7. Guess those were the defaults on my old computer, but I'm not sure.
8. It uses external files to decrease lags and loading times during the game. Here and on lots of other computers it shouldn't be loading longer than 15 - 30 seconds, AT MAX.
10. It is huh ;P
12. The thing is, I AM running it on the natives resolution, but somehow it keeps looking pixelated on some computers. Don't know why.
13. Hmm you're right, it should probably be glowing or something. You can also press enter.
14. I think that has to do with that resolution problem, as I can read it with ease here.
15. Jups, the game runs on 50 fps, and on 60 when the user has enabled 'lighting mode'.
16. There's a description of the game type when you hover your mouse over the buttons. The weapon information menu is just an extra, and I guess it should've been placed somewhere else. Just thought it looked nice there.
17. I don't experience it that way, I also asked some other people but they didn't find it very distracting as well. Same with the in game backgrounds.
18. Because it looks nice. It also emphasizes the thing about the game type which makes it different from the rest. (although it should be INSTA
gib, but that wouldn't fit).
19. Looks good enough.
20. Only the TF rifles are very alike, all of the other weapons definitely look different. It also gives you information about the weapon when you're standing on top of it to make it even more clear.
21. It's just a menu filler, really. Looks good. That 'final version' is part of the logo sprite, so... And I kind of dislike games where you have to search for the version number.
23. It's a unlockable map. The game has unlockables, and TobiBase is one of em. Look into the gamepad&support map for cheats and hints.
24. It's outside the blackbox so the game type information is excluded
of the actual 'begin match' information. Makes it easier to read.
25. The jump height is limited because otherwise hitting your opponent would be too hard, people would be bunny hopping all the time. A limited jumping height forces people to fly (although jumping still is a way to dodge bullets and other stuff). The only thing which is still bugging me though is that when a player stands against a wall the character doesn't jump as high as when he runs.
26. Guess that's personal, as most of the people who played my game didn't had that problem. Maybe it is your contrast or something? I'll look into it though.
27. Agreed. It is listed in the readme though, but nobody reads those things nowadays.
28. Thanks! That's actually my favorite part of making a game ;P
29. I often had complains about this and I'm working on custom controls as we speak. SHIFT is fine, but that irritating Windows sticky key thingy just murders the SHIFT button. I chose for this button though because it's placed AWAY from the second player's hands. You don't want to get sweaty with your mate, right?
30. No, there are 14 songs to be found in the game, yet some levels have the same theme (underground theme, desert theme, jungle theme etc). Unlock all of the other levels to hear a few new tracks.
31. Hmm, I agree, but the game uses an auto-save feature which could get bugged when someone tries to alt F4 the game.
Thank you for taking time to test and comment! It is much appreciated.
Edited by Tobias(NL), 08 January 2013 - 12:17 PM.