Freeware: How to spread word
Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:07 AM
And finally, when spreading a freeware game out beyond this forum and the sandbox, where do you go?
Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:45 AM
Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:10 AM
Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:55 PM
Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:18 AM
So to sum up that long paragraph and add someother points that may or may not have made sense, here is the bullet points:
* Don't forget the four fundamentals which are:
-consumer advertising (them talking about your product)
* Use customisation in and out of the game in order to create a unique product for each customer (co-create value) - this may seem silly but it has been proven to actually be successful in the gaming industry. Look at WoW and Skyrim both of them use customisation to co-create value.
* Encourage users to give feedback - this is important. People like to be heard and they want all the changes to be made that they suggest. The important thing is to have good public relation skills and address their problems individually and in a personalised manner.
* Find new distribution channels - so thats like IndieDB, indiegames, tigsource and such as everyone has been talking about. These are all new ways for your game to get plays
* People like a free lunch - give them an offer. Say 'play my multiplayer game now and get 1000 coins in game now. Limited from 17 September - 18 September'. May seem stupid but a lot of people like to put off things and you want to give them an incentive to play your game NOW!
Remember it isn't all just about whether you have a good game. You can have an amazing game and receive little views because you have only done half the job. The other half of the job is the marketing side and it holds great flexibility in how you go about it. You can do the bare minimum of advertising (like only a topic in the GMC) and still get many plays if you do ithe advertising effectively.
Sorry probably not your most conventional reply. If you want to understand the terms of value and co-creation of value better here are some links:
http://en.wikipedia....iki/Co-creation - Co-creation of value.
http://en.wikipedia....lue_proposition - Value creation / capturing (like the satisfaction they get from consuming your product).
Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:43 PM
I must say, I read all of that and found it very helpful. Thanks!
Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:02 PM
Edited by icymx, 22 September 2012 - 03:03 PM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users