@TheUltimate wow, thanks for the feedback!
- Music and sound effects are great, especially the second world.
Thanks! Being able to compose your own music really helps, and for the sound effects, SFXr
, combined with FL Studio
for reverb, were all I used.
- The ground tiles are nice, but like others have said, the rest of the graphics need more work. They don't have to be terribly elaborate. All you need is a distinct, consistent style. Keep making things like moving clouds and rain, though. The little details you add do a lot more for the game than you think.
Thanks! What do you have in mind for the other graphics?
- I like how the rockets circle around and follow you.
- An "end of level" arrow or finish line would do wonders. If I hadn't read your post or decided to jump off the side of the screen, I would have thought there was only one level.
Hadn't considered that; good idea.
- Going left and right is a little slow considering the size of the levels. Thereís a strange delay with the fast falling, almost as if itís a gravity increase or something instead of the standard ground stomp move, and it's throwing my timing off. It might be easier to use when thereís an animation for it though.
Yep, the physics are kind of messed up at the moment. I'm working on an update with better physics - 6 times more gravity (the game used to be set on the moon, but when I changed it I left the gravity as is to save myself from having to modify the levels, but now it's on Earth I might as well change the gravity to Earth gravity). There's also twice the horizontal move speed, improved fastfall, etc etc
So basically everything you mentioned.
- I suddenly have health when Iím fighting the boss? You know, I would have loved to have it when I was trying to dodge all those rockets... Speaking of rockets, itíd be cool if there was some exhaust coming out of it about half a second before launching so itís easier to time your jumps.
Hmmm... I guess I'll put a healthbar in the normal levels, and make them harder. Then I could add items that refill your health etc. and if you die, you go back to the start of the world you're in... Sound good to you?
The game has a lot of polish, but it needs to be harder. Remove the one-hit deaths, paste the story in, make more levels, and I can see this going a long way.
I've been working on a cutscene for a while now, and when it's done I'll add it to the game. I'll also need to program a scrolling textbox or the like, rather than the default GM one. I'm glad you liked the game!