Hey GMC! I come to you to get the feedback I need for my next full featured game. I currently have a feature list, but I want to expand it to meet the players' tastes and wants. Post your ideas and opinions.
Also see the second list for points to discuss about!
As a quick description, it's an open, seamless world zombie game where you have to search the randomly generated map for supplies and weapons while trying to find a way of ending the spread of the apocalypse.
Here's the link to the dev blog which contains a prototype -> http://cookiesdev.blogspot.com/
Here's the list as of now (Will update when it gets changed):
- Zombie survival game
- TDS (Top down shooter, subject to change for 3D FPS/TPS if I manage to get this thing funded.)
- Scale of 1' per 8 pixels with camera zooming depending on needs
- Realistic lighting system with field of view
- Zombies have basic path-finding
- Zombies have more difficulty hearing you through walls
- Open world with one goal: Beat the final boss (Getting there will be hard and require preparation)
- Randomly generated endless world
- Snowy areas that drop your hunger bar faster to keep up the heat
- Desert areas that drop your thirst bar faster due to sweating
- Entirely persistent world (You leave a car there, it will never dissapear)
- Cities scattered across the map, each having their own power source that can break and be repaired
- Electric system for each house
- Lockpicking and car hot-wiring
- Sewers under cities
- Subways under big cities
- WoW-like inventory
- Small inventory on the player himself, based on what type of bag he's carrying
- Cars with physics and accessible trunk for inventory space
- Somewhat realistic weaponry
- Weapon customization
- Relatively hard to find ammo
- Weapons upgrade system (Laser sight, scope, mounted flashlight, muzzle suppressor, silencer, etc.)
- Explosives (Grenades, mines, rockets)
- Crafting (Basic combining stuff)
- Building fortifications
- Day>Night cycle (48 minutes per day)
- Weather effects that affect physics and sound propagation
- Very simple story with one goal (Given at game start) and multiple ways of achieving it
- Your "class" determines your starting equipment
- Perk-like skill system for character progression (Possibly with a small skill tree for each skill)
- Point based health system instead of number based
- You can bleed if heavily damaged and get infected by zombies
- Thirst and hunger management
- Clean water is hard to find since every water source will be infected
- Making loud noises attracts zombies
- Zombies can break down doors (Maybe windows)
- Rotating view
Features that are not confirmed but posted as ideas (Please discuss):
The plan is to only have player made barricades, doors and windows be destructible.
Possible character mutations (Vampire, ghoul, werewolf, etc.)
In an "expansion" of the game.
Hesitating between WoW-like inventory and Diablo-like inventory
The plan is a list-based inventory with a size limit and weight affects your speed in various ways.
For now, I've decided agains't item deterioration.
In addition to paint colour, you will be able to make a number of performance modifications.
Edited by dark_master4, 24 January 2013 - 07:05 PM.