Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:56 AM
I made this game.. Mini MapleStory with character screen selection(I made), Dungeons,Quests,NPC,Monsters.
And i updating it every 5-7 days !! [Last Update: 30th-July-2012] !
Name: MapleStory Most Wanted
Game Maker Version: 8.0 Pro
Game Version: 1.6
[b] Link -1-: Sandbox.yoyogames.com
[b]Link -2-: My Website
Please Rate !!
I Wish You Have Fun
Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:30 AM
Edit: Actually, I see you've posted it twice already.. one in WIP, and one in windows creation.
I've closed them. If you have a code/game maker question, use the Questions&Answers forum.
Don't post a new games topic, and be sure to check the forum rules. No duplicate topics allowed!
Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:21 PM
I have a few suggestions:
- Learn about sprite origins. Think about it this way; If you swing your arm in real life, your feet don't move, although your arm extends outward. The same concept is similar for sprites. Even if the character attacks and therefore needs a wider sprite, we want the origin to stay at the same relative position on the character so it doesn't look like they moved. Therefore, your sprite origin on all character sprites should be at the bottom of the feet, between the legs. If you do this, I promise the animation will look a little less awkward.
- Don't worry about overlapping invisible objects. I noticed the character often walks above the ground, and I suspect this is because you made a "ground" object that's 32x32, and you simply stacked them on top of each other. Reduce the grid y snap in the room editor and fine tune the placement of the ground so the character actually walks on it and not above it. Believe me, this is the first thing I noticed after making a character and it's a sure sign of an amateur game creator.
- Fix the level limit on quests. I reached an npc and then said yes to accept a quest, only to find "you need to be level 6", and it still spawned the mobs anyway. I would suggest when the window pops up to begin with, rather than ask if they want a quest, check their level FIRST. That way they can't even say yes to a quest they aren't high enough for.
- Use terminology that suits the game. The words "register" and "login" imply a server (online) database, when in fact it is stored right in the folder. It would be better to just have a "create account", and then have an account list where you choose which account to use. Also, the word "settings" is typo'd as "sittings"
- Add a next and previous button on the NPC dialogue screens. It's confusing to have a keyboard shortcut, but nothing to tell me on screen that there is any more dialogue.
- Encrypt the passwords or get rid of them. If the purpose of a password is so that other people who use your computer can't use your account, then it's very counter-productive to have it stored in a "login" config file that one can easily open and see the passwords. Look up "encryption" on here and learn how to make it more secure. If you were just going for Maple-likeness and you're not really concerned with people using your account, then get rid of passwords altogether. It is kind of silly for a local game.
Also, one more thing... I know that probably your first response is going to be "the final version will be multiplayer", but I would suggest do not attempt multiplayer/online yet. You have some working framework, but you still have a lot of things that need adjustment and improvement. You definitely aren't ready for multiplayer yet. I'm not trying to be harsh, but I'm 19, I've been using GM for 7 years, and I just started using multiplayer a year ago. It's a bit complicated and just not really practical for someone who's obviously inexperienced with GM.
That being said, I hope you will continue to practice using GM, increasing your skills, until one day you will be able to do something like that. It may seem like a slow climb right now, but knowledge is the way to become a better programmer. Look for all kinds of examples and tutorials you can learn from, and before you know it you'll be saying, "Wow, I can't believe how much I've improved." Good luck to you.
P.S. "Female" is a class? LOL XD That is awesome.
Edited by Funk E. Gamez, 31 July 2012 - 12:22 PM.
Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:34 PM
2. I am upgrading game EVERY DAY !. And i am looking on internet every day on examples and scripts to help me !
I have many problems i don't know how to fix it !! O.o Like.. (Can't load file game after update)
3. (Limit Level For Quests) .. it's keeping create mobs any way. I didn't made any Relations with variables yet.. but i will
4. Previous and next buttons NOT working with me !! or else that will take with me a long time ant the size of the game will grow up (35MB Mini) and i don't want it take many time while downloading with players ^^
5. (Character Moving In Air) .. It's just i created the walls slightly to the top .. and i will fix it
6. Password will be safe more
7. (Female Class) This is not class.(Only Name)
8. (multiplayer game) this time early to speak about this subject!
9. Did you tested Dungeons?
10. If you used GML before 7 YEARS .. can u help me ?!! O.o
(When i wrote this .. I was editing game with new changes :D )
Edited by _228326, 01 August 2012 - 06:35 PM.
Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:08 AM
Edited by warzones13, 29 October 2012 - 05:13 AM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users