Here's my custom control engine. I decided to move it to Open Source and make the topic simpler to read. Was originally in tutorials and example looked very messy hope this looks better.
Anyway feel free to ask questions, give suggestions, or your own edits to the engine if you think it would help.
The gm8 and gms engines are little bit different but do all the same things for the most part, the gm8 one doesn't have as munch backwards compatibility as GMS.
- Backwards compatibility for GMS (gamepad functions first then checks for joystick since there's some controller that dont work with gamepad functions and others with joystick functions)
- Works on GM Lite and GMS Standard.
- Take advantage of check_analog variable!
- Able to move mouse cursor without mouse for those FPS games!
- varibles to check if button is being held down, was pressed, was released, and it analog value (set to 1 if there is none)
Tips on use for Game Maker Studio (Fairly like the GM8 version)
- Use the scr_controls_creation script to add in controls
- Look at the obj_controls > begin step > give controls to figure out how to hand out controls
Download Link (includes GMS and GM8 version)
Edited by KurtBlissZ, 18 January 2015 - 07:10 AM.