- Title: Custom Controls v7-4
- Description: Let player change controls, using either keyboard or controller.
- GM Version: , GMS
- Registered: No
- Required Extensions: None
- Required DLLs: None
- Tags: Custom controls, Change buttons, lite
- Credit?: No. use it however you like. This is just a example.
Game Maker 8 Version
- Game Maker 8 lite
- File Type: .zip
- GM8 File Size: 15.4 KB
- File Link: http://www.mediafire..._abs_analog.gmk
File Link: Sandbox Downloadwill soon be updated.
Game Maker Studio Version
- Game Maker Studio Standard (Too many scripts for the free version.)
- File Type: .gmz
- GM8 File Size: 2.2 MB
- File Link: Google Drive Download
Here's an example for custom controls with the keyboard and controllers. v7 now has a example of moving your mouse and if you have analog support you can take advantage of it changing speeds depending on how hard you press. Use variable check_button check_button_pressed, check_button_released, check_button_analog and 0 being what button to let the player move. another
tip, you can use variables like con_up = 0; con_down = 1 then
if check_button[con_up] y-=1
if check_button[con_down] y+=1
in case your forgetful like me. lol
Hope you enjoy and any suggestions are welcomed.
Soon to come features:
- GMS switch between legacy and new joystick engine. (for combabily reasons)
- script errors for GMS custom controls invalid agruments
Edited by KurtBlissZ, 16 November 2013 - 07:25 PM.