Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:39 PM
I am asking how should i go about doing this and what might be the most efficient and best option to make this.
I know well GML so i dont need complete idiot's explain but if you really want to, go ahead.
So, what is the fastest way of doing bloom and what is the best looking? (or what is fast and best)
Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:48 PM
And believe me, i have looked a lot for tutorial, every single of them always 404 or suck.
The requested URL /users/C-Ator9/kindabloom_flashlightexample.gm6 was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.16 Server at 64digits.com Port 80
Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:59 AM
Obviously, there are three steps to this.
- Render the bright lights
- Blur the image of the lights
- Add the blurred image to the scene.
So. The methods:
- Either render only the lights (Usually to mimic some of the benefits of HDR), or render the scene, then select only the bright lights by multiplying it by itself a few times. (use blend modes)
- Easiest is to render in a lower resolution, then scale it up. You can also use additive blend modes to draw the scene with various offsets for a nicer-looking, but slower effect.
- Last, use an additive blend mode to draw the light surface in front of the scene.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users