WE HAVE A WINNER!!!
Well done GameDevDan!!
And congrats (and thank you) to everyone that entered and voted!
Full List Of Places
GameDevDan_________Chickens & Moles
11clock - Spectrum
Blake - VirtualTrial
Bill23 - After It's Over
Chris_Devl____________Insomnia-An Interactive Story
Spydog_______________Super Spaceship Escape
bksonic - Everything's a Lie
95Jonpet - Alignment
Pixel8ted72___________The Last Time Keeper
land of games________Duality Maze
@Alex@ - Project Solomon
HomeBrand Gaming_Pens-Into The Purple Void
NeoTalon27__________A Sudden Change
bobmoo______________A Second Earth
lukeyrulz______________Toast In Space
Team DIMN__________Bridge Of War
The_Puzzle___________Valid Or Invalid
Jobo__________________Saving Private Ryan
Dangerous_Dave______Passive Aggressive People
sners__________________1 0.5x2 Worlds
Jack Indie Box_________Wormhole Warrior
WORLDTree___________Read All Over
Chainsawkitten_______A collection of thoughts regarding her
Rusty_________________Shoot The Pidgeon 3
The competition has now ended: congratulations to all the entrants! Voting will now begin and the winners will be decided.
Make sure to post reviews and your votes in the OFFICIAL GAMES TOPIC.
The GMC jam is up to lucky number seven! Join the GMC Jam #7 on Saturday 28th July through Monday 30th for 72 hours of game development. There will be prizes, awards, and you get to make a game alongside other awesome developers! Don't have that weekend free? Make it free! This opportunity only occurs 312 times in the average lifetime after all.
WHAT IS IT?
The Jam is a community event that we organise to encourage people to experiment with GM and make something that will be interesting or entertaining within the limited timescale of 72 hours.
WHEN IS IT?
- Starts Saturday 28th July
- 72 hours long from 00:01 AM GMT Saturday 28th ...to... 23:59 PM GMT Monday 30th
- Each Jam has a theme, and participants are encouraged to use it!
- This Jam has a handicap too and you are also encouraged to use it!
- Using the theme is NOT obligatory, nor is using the handicap, but using either will be valued when voting and using BOTH gets extra Kudos!!!
- To encourage use of theme, the highest-voted theme-based game gets to choose the theme for next Jam.
- The theme will not be revealed until just before the start of the Jam to prevent any advantages.
- All games are eligible (themed and non-themed and with or without handicap), but voters should take "use of theme" into account. (Remember: non-theme games can win, but they CANNOT pick the next Jam's theme; see above)
- Voters choose 1st, 2nd and 3rd place as well as three special votes to "Best use of theme", "Best Presentation", and the "Best Devblog".
- It is OBLIGATORY that when voting you leave feedback about WHY you voted for the game(s) you chose. Failure to do so will result in your votes being removed.
- In order to encourage friendly community spirit, we ask that members not vote for their own game and please refrain from asking friends/family to do so if they are not part of this community.
- Any form of cheating will result in the instant removal of your game from the Jam and being blacklisted for all further community events
- All games must be original creations specifically for the Jam, but you may use whatever resources you wish : EG. dll, scripts, sprites and sounds etc etc etc...
- You may submit as many games as you wish, but only the highest rated game in the final vote will be eligible for winning any prizes.
- Games must be posted in the Official Games Topic before the finish deadline for the Jam, and posting a topic in the Games forum here at the GMC is recommended if you want feedback and opinions as the Games Topic is ONLY FOR POSTING GAMES. Hosting is up to the individual user. You may also include and update a development log in your official games topic post.
- The Official Games Topic must contain a link to your game and a short description.
- HTML5 Games are permitted, BUT MUST HAVE DOWNLOADABLE .EXE VERSION posted in the Official Games Topic.
- People are welcome to use any outside sites, and are also welcome to promote such sites, but the posting of topics and the voting will be done on the GMC.
- Teams are encouraged and can be organised by you with whomever you wish or you can participate in a random team (see below for more details)
- The Community Prize will be as before... A special graphic/banner, bragging rights and (if your game is a themed game) the possibility of choosing the next Jam theme.
- Prizes will also be offered as members of the community contribute whatever the feel appropriate. EG: Coverage on their web site, custom graphics for the game, a video of the gameplay for YouTube...anything!
These are prizes kindly and very generously offered to us by GMC members. Donate your time/experience/whatever to this community endeavor! If you wish to add a community prize (game reviews, advertising etc...) please send a PM to Nocturne or True Valhalla and we will add it to this post.
PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR COMMUNITY PRIZE IN THIS TOPIC AS WE MAY NOT SEE IT!
Try not to let all of the prizes dominate 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. Try to avoid awarding last place though... You may choose who gets your prize including: competitors, reviewers, winners of specific categories, or even the best development log!
Current prize pool value: $365
- True Valhalla - Will give $50 to the person who does the best reviews of ALL the games, in his opinion. Will give $25 to the person who does the best development log, in his opinion. PayPal only. Total value: $75.
- Dangerous Dave - Steam games! 7th place: Monday Night Combat, 13th place: Nation Red , 19th place: Magicka. Total value: $30.
- Lune - Steam game! A copy of Rayman: Origins to whoever he deems to have best use of theme. Total value: $30.
- fenyxofshadows - Will draw the fan art of the characters in the game that get's 9th place overall.
- newkill - Steam games for the overall 1st place winner! Includes: Future Wars, Greed: Black Border, Trapped Dead, Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes, Twin Sector, Flatout. Total value: $40.
- FAAAEBS - Will do a YouTube walkthrough of whichever game places 1st overall. Whoever places 2nd overall will be a boss in his upcoming game.
- SirGuy - Will write a poem for whoever ranks directly after Dadio, if he enters.
- Snail_Man - The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will appear in his next jam game.
- ZingZingZap - Will provide a printed copy of his book, Game Maker Book 1 - Introduction to Game Design and Programming, to who-ever finishes in the last 2 places. Total value: $30.
- DemeGeek - Steam games! Magicka to a random place that isn't already receiving a gift, VVVVVV to 6th and 4th place, and a YouTube walkthrough for 5th place. Total value: $20.
- HayManMarc - Will create a custom logo for 4th place, and for the best reviewer in his opinion. Will post about the 1st place game on his Facebook page every day for a week and encourage 'shares'.
- satyre - Will draw a 10-20 page comic book for his favorite two entries, drawn in whichever graphic style would best fit the game.
- TwilightFlandre - Will give a steam redeemable and tradable copy of Serious Sam: The Random Encounter and EDGE to whoever is in eleventh place
- GameDevDan - 1st, 2nd and 3rd place: A signature banner and a free copy of all paid games in this page here*. 1st - 10th place: Inclusion of your game in a poster for this Jam (cross-platform mobile apps can only be given on iOS and can only be redeemed from the UK or US Stores).
- HomeBrand Gaming - They will add a cameo appearance of the main character of the games that come 1st and 2nd in their upcoming game "Save My Soul". This only applies to characters - vehicles will not be included.
- Jackson Yarr - 1st and 2nd place: (on Steam) Indie Game: The Movie, Super Meat Boy, Braid, AudioSurf. 3rd place: (on Steam) Indie Game: The Movie. Total value: $100
- Jack Indie Box - Steam games! Puzzle Quest 2 to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place...and to best reviewer in his opinion. Total value: $40.
- TheUltimate - Banners for the top three games of her choice!
- gmx0 - Offers to put a reference(Easter egg, character, unlockable, etc.) of the 7th winning game in his next GMC Jam game.
- ahmed elyamani - Will make a piece of fan art for the game he likes the most.
We're looking for even more community prizes this time, so use your imagination and contribute to the GMC Jam #7!
Looking For A Team
If you are looking for a team mate or wish to be part of a random team, PM Nocturne or True Valhalla to add your name below:
To conclude: "Remember everyone, the aim of the Jam is not to win, but to participate, experiment, and have as much fun as possible!"
Updated by Nocturne and True Valhalla