Not completely content with GameMaker's current selection of XInput DLLs and extensions, I decided to create my own. Although originally intended for my own project, I'm sure there are others out there who will find this of use.
- Full Xbox 360 Controller Support within GameMaker.
- Button Check Pressed and Released Functions
- Compensation for Thumbstick & Trigger Deadzones
- Support for 4 Controllers, All Buttons & Force Feedback (Rumbling).
- Fixed deadzone issue with thumbsticks causing limited range (±0.25 - ±1). Range is now correctly (0 - ±1).
- The functions xin_check(), xin_check_pressed(), and xin_check_released() now work with the left and right triggers.
Host-A Hosting (0.15 MB)
(The download includes the extension, a help file, a GM8.1 example and a GM:Studio example.)
CC0 1.0 Universal (CC0 1.0) - Public Domain Dedication
(You can copy, modify and distribute the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.)
- Let me know if you run into any problems or bugs when using the extension, suggestions for improvement are also welcome.
- Although attribution (credit) is not required, it's always greatly appreciated.
- In certain circumstances the built in thumbstick deadzones may prove to be a hindrance. Xin NDZ Version removes these built in thumbstick deadzones. (Do NOT use this version unless you fully understand the function of, and implications of removing these deadzones.)
- If you've never tried PC gaming with an Xbox controller I can highly recommend it.
Edited by JacksonYarr, 31 January 2013 - 07:36 AM.