#1 Z3R0M0N5T3R

Z3R0M0N5T3R

Forum Ghost

• GMC Member
  • 89 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:30 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAu1tDWDBoI

Have YOU played it yet? The game recently went viral. I've had it for at least over two weeks now, before it got really popular (INB4HIPSTER). I've got to say I'm not one to scare easily, and I'm not being brash. I play RE4, Doom3 and Silent Hill all the time. I even have a collection of horror games.

But THIS game... You can't possibly know until you try. It runs on Unity3D, and the file size is small. I assure you, no viruses, and there's no install. Just download it, unzip it, and run. Also, RUN.

Discuss, share pics of getting scared, or even bash me for being a wimp and say that the game sucks, as long as you played it.
Download it HERE.
Note: Unless you actually clicked on a page and picked it up, the slenderman will not appear. So if you find it to be a game of 'wandering around aimlessly' then you should probably do something like clicking on the pages you find.

Edited by Z3R0M0N5T3R, 11 July 2012 - 09:52 PM.

#2 Scoutaloo

Scoutaloo

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:37 AM

Let's see... It's about 12:30 in the morning...I'm all alone, in a fairly large room.

Yeah, I think I'll hold off for now ^^

#3 Z3R0M0N5T3R

Z3R0M0N5T3R

Forum Ghost

• GMC Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:38 AM

Let's see... It's about 12:30 in the morning...I'm all alone, in a fairly large room.

Yeah, I think I'll hold off for now ^^

Doooooo eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! Just duct tape your mouth so you won't shout, you'll be fine!

#4 Scoutaloo

Scoutaloo

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:40 AM

I'm not very brave when it comes to horror games/movies, so I'm certain I would end up doing something I'd regret in my pants if I tried it.

Not to mention with my luck, tonight would be the night I would actually have a dream I remember...

#5 Robert3DG+

Robert3DG+

Designer

• GMC Member
  • 1925 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:03 AM

This game is not very scary at all. Supergreatfriend did a great coverage of it.

If you want to feel ashamed making a thread calling this one of the scariest games ever, may I direct you here:

Needs more work.

#6 PoniesForPeace

PoniesForPeace

puzzling

• GMC Member
  • 494 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:40 AM

meh, it was kinda scary at first but wandering around aimlessly kinda gets old. i quit after about 20 mins (i found a note saying don't look at it a truck and later a oil tank.) The trees and oil tank, and my own breathing was the scary part.

#7 Z3R0M0N5T3R

Z3R0M0N5T3R

Forum Ghost

• GMC Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:50 AM

meh, it was kinda scary at first but wandering around aimlessly kinda gets old. i quit after about 20 mins (i found a note saying don't look at it a truck and later a oil tank.) The trees and oil tank, and my own breathing was the scary part.

You didn't pick up the notes. The scary part starts when you pick up the notes. How could you NOT pick them up, let alone play for 20 minutes without finding all the other landmarks? It's not a very big map.

This game is not very scary at all. Supergreatfriend did a great coverage of it.

If you want to feel ashamed making a thread calling this one of the scariest games ever, may I direct you here:

Spoiler

Needs more work.

I beg to differ. Actually, I've looked up a LOT of let's plays of Slender, and this has got to be the worst I've seen. His monotonous voice, and clear lack of interest in the game, plus his snide comedic attempt of using pictures of Dwayne Johnson as his reactions were tasteless and not exciting at all. Infact, the encounters he had with the slenderman were astronomically unlikely. I've never seen someone encounter it that boringly before, and the guys attitude didn't help at all.

Here's a fantastic example of a great game, with great slenderman encounters, and a lively host.

Edited by Z3R0M0N5T3R, 10 July 2012 - 06:08 AM.

#8 Exkakx

Exkakx

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 591 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:12 AM

I'll wait for it to stop being 2:30AM first, then play. XD

#9 PoniesForPeace

PoniesForPeace

puzzling

• GMC Member
  • 494 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:49 AM

You didn't pick up the notes. The scary part starts when you pick up the notes. How could you NOT pick them up, let alone play for 20 minutes without finding all the other landmarks? It's not a very big map.

i dunno, might have to do with the fact that the map was PITCH BLACK, i dunno. :biggrin:

I played the game again, and

Spoiler

Edited by PoniesForPeace, 10 July 2012 - 07:28 AM.

#10 Z3R0M0N5T3R

Z3R0M0N5T3R

Forum Ghost

• GMC Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

Bump. Anyone else?

#11 nearlyNonexistent

nearlyNonexistent

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 205 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

link?
I don't see a link.

#12 meesterpickles

meesterpickles

GMC Member

• GMC:Member
  • 3 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:33 PM

Posted Image

That is what the Slenderman model looks like.
I personally found this game more funny than scary.

#13 Z3R0M0N5T3R

Z3R0M0N5T3R

Forum Ghost

• GMC Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:51 AM

Posted Image

That is what the Slenderman model looks like.
I personally found this game more funny than scary.

Sure, laugh at the character model when you AREN't running from it.

#14 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

Never you mind!

• GMC Member
  • 7524 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:00 AM

They should have made the space around him blurry so you can't tell how crappy it is. You know, basically what they do on the slenderman shows.

#15 Micro

Micro

YYGF Member

• GMC Member
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:37 PM

I totally got to try this, it looks awesome!

EDIT:

link?
I don't see a link.

?

Edited by Jumbo Gamer, 11 July 2012 - 08:44 PM.

#16 Z3R0M0N5T3R

Z3R0M0N5T3R

Forum Ghost

• GMC Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:52 PM

I totally got to try this, it looks awesome!

EDIT:

link?
I don't see a link.

?

I'll post one. A simpe google search can find it, but I'lll post the link for convenience . :)

http://www.mediafire...vql3a6fbjq0qbbv

#17 Z3R0M0N5T3R

Z3R0M0N5T3R

Forum Ghost

• GMC Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

Does ANYONE even want to at least give it an honest try?

#18 Jobo

Jobo

Freelancer

• Local Moderator
  • 2622 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:59 PM

This game is worse than any horror movie, haha.
The first time I played it, I found it comical. The second time, less comical. The third time, I was afraid to turn around.

#19 The Legend

The Legend

Unashamed

• GMC Member
  • 1126 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:19 PM

holy crap this game looks scary.

#20 Z3R0M0N5T3R

Z3R0M0N5T3R

Forum Ghost

• GMC Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:17 AM

This game is worse than any horror movie, haha.
The first time I played it, I found it comical. The second time, less comical. The third time, I was afraid to turn around.

Don't get me wrong, I jump right into scares and danger, as I said in my opening. But the first time I saw him just for a split second in that bathroom... that damned bathroom....

I think we can all agree that when you're just looking at a picture of the character model, it looks really cheaply done, but when you're ACTUALLY playing, alone, with headphones on, willing to dive into the horror... it's scary.

#21 fat eskimo 97

fat eskimo 97

Famous Troll

• Banned Users
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:04 AM

ive had this game for a long time and its awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love horror games

#22 Jobo

Jobo

Freelancer

• Local Moderator
  • 2622 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:37 AM

It's a crappy game that manages to wrap itself around your psyche, enter it and push all other things out and away really well.
It's as simple as that. Take the horror element away and you've got nothing.

No one plays it for the quality of the gameplay, they play it knowingly that they're gonna scream in 3... 2... 1...

This is a true horror game. It plays on psychology and the player's fear of being chased and caught.
There's nothing scary about the game - it' the player who creates all the horror for himself.

Admirable, really...

#23 Darzoz

Darzoz

Only Unknown.

• GMC Member
  • 183 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:15 AM

I only recently heard that something exists after the initial pages, is that true? I've never seen anyone get page eight, and I haven't bothered playing it either, because I'm not one for playing horror games.
It looks truly well done for a horror game though. It does exactly what it should do by wrapping your mind in cobwebs and nightmarish fantasies of your own.

EDIT: Well, that and noise spikes. Damn headphones and noise spikes.

Edited by Darzoz, 04 August 2012 - 11:16 AM.

#24 Jobo

Jobo

Freelancer

• Local Moderator
  • 2622 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:55 AM

Quick sidetrack: all PlayStation Plus members currently get Dead Space 2 for free! Hurry up and download your copy :thumbsup:

I suggest you all go to YouTube and watch Whiteboy7thst play this game (Slender), it's a lot of fun. And you'll probably still get scared!

#25 fat eskimo 97

fat eskimo 97

Famous Troll

• Banned Users
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:03 PM

yea if you get all 8 theres another thing. then something else after that

#26 Merlocker

Merlocker

No Imagination

• GMC Member
  • 450 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:01 PM

Well Slender is suppose to look like that. After all, it's not human!!! http://slendergame.com/legend.php

#27 yokcos700

yokcos700

Friendly Overlord

• GMC Member
  • 340 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:49 PM

Okay, so I download this game, open it up, set graphics to the second highest quality and begin.
First thing I notice: Damn, you walk/run slowly.
Second: That grass looks terrible!
Third: Are both of those trees identical?
Fourth: Okay, there's a thumping sound. Knowing horror, that's all I'll be seeing/hearing of the antagonist for a while.
Fifth: Where are these damn pages? What do they look like?
Sixth: Hey, is the screen slightly filling with static?
Five seconds later, after losing: Ah, so the villain is Slenderman after all. Now, someone tell me why the hell I decided to play this crappy game?

Edited by yokcos700, 04 August 2012 - 05:50 PM.

#28 Jobo

Jobo

Freelancer

• Local Moderator
  • 2622 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:58 PM

You have to avoid the Slender Man to collect all 8 pages and win.
It's not scary if you go straight towards him after seeing him first time.
At this point, your psyche has only just confirmed you're not alone. It hasn't realised what this other being set out to do.
Avoid him.

Now try again.
And it probably won't be scary for you this time either, if you play it "fair". It wasn't for me.

Now play it one more time.
Knowing you're gonna get a couple scares, you'll already be more cautious.

Edited by Jobo, 04 August 2012 - 06:00 PM.

#29 Gamemakerknight

Gamemakerknight

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 24 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:13 PM

Never ever gonna try that game. I wanted to watch a let's play of it, so I minimized the video player , set the brightness of my monitor to the highest possible value and watched the video backwards so the scary moments wouldn't be so unexpected (I also had the music of nyan cat playing in the background). I got a heart attack nevertheless o.O I am just not made for scary games, I guess.

#30 Merlocker

Merlocker

No Imagination

• GMC Member
  • 450 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

I screamed like a lil B#TCH!!!! :,( I got to 4pages, he was behind me the entire time...... NEVER LOOK BACK!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users