5 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. RPG

Mr. RPG

GMC's Forum Troll

• GMC Member
  • 3065 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:27 AM

I cannot load any .gmk or .gm81 files or .gmz files (I can load .gmz files but only by dragging it to the Welcome screen.)

Couldn't you load all of these in the beta..? Posted Image

#2 Nehemius

Nehemius

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:45 AM

Open GameMaker:Studio. At the initial Welcome Screen, select Import tab at the top. Then, be sure to change Filter: to the appropriate file type you want to import. Then voila, you should be good to go!

Edited by Nehemius, 03 July 2012 - 03:49 AM.

#3 GameGeisha

GameGeisha

GameGeisha

• GMC Member
  • 4201 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:47 AM

I cannot load any .gmk or .gm81 files or .gmz files (I can load .gmz files but only by dragging it to the Welcome screen.)

In the Welcome screen, select the Import tab, change the filter to "*.gm6, *.gmk, *.gm81", then find your file.

GameGeisha

#4 Mr. RPG

Mr. RPG

GMC's Forum Troll

• GMC Member
  • 3065 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:50 AM

That is extremely inconvenient that you cannot open files inside the actual IDE and that you cannot search for all types of GameMaker files at the same time.Posted Image

Honestly, in many, many ways, Studio is a huge step back, but in other ways, it is a huge step forward. Posted Image

Edited by Mr. RPG, 03 July 2012 - 03:51 AM.

#5 Mike.Dailly

Mike.Dailly

Evil YoYo Games Employee

• Administrators
  • 3225 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:21 PM

Studio doesn't use GMKs or GM81s, so once it's imported, you'll use the new GMX format. Which means each project you do once. How is that a hardship?

We can't move forward without removing some of the "crud", otherwise it'll just get bigger, and slower all at the same time.

#6 Mr. RPG

Mr. RPG

GMC's Forum Troll

• GMC Member
  • 3065 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:33 PM

Studio doesn't use GMKs or GM81s, so once it's imported, you'll use the new GMX format. Which means each project you do once. How is that a hardship?

We can't move forward without removing some of the "crud", otherwise it'll just get bigger, and slower all at the same time.

That isn't what I was saying. I don't mind the new format at all.

I just feel that you should be able to open any sort of GM files through File > Open Project, but instead you must go to the Welcome screen and go to Import.

It is a small inconvenience, but I don't really mind that much. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users