Getting a lot of spam emails? Then put this in your signature, blog or website:
Posted Image

Or my version of it:
Posted Image

Here's the BBCode:
Spoiler

Here's the HTML:
Spoiler

The full description of this website is too long to put here, but basically putting the link in your signature will make spambots follow it and be confused. Click the link up top for a more detailed explanation. Help spread the word!

Edited by CGPM, 22 June 2012 - 12:12 AM.

#2 ElectroMan

ElectroMan

Jack of No Trades

• GMC Member
  • 269 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:36 AM

At least you could provide basic information about that site. Sounds reasonable instead of advertising it as the Holy Grail of web surfing.

From what I could gather this site is basically a "decoy" for spam bots to stumble upon, because spam bots relentlessly visit every link of every page (they are morons that way). That being said, simply the mere presence of this link will make bots quickly follow it and be trapped there (I don't know what marvels they see in the link to follow it, maybe they think it's hot. Hey, I am not one to judge). They get trapped there because the site pulls fake email addresses right out of their magic hats, but maybe in a less wondrous way than how I just described it. Being repeatedly bombarded by fake emails where it is forced to send spam messages, the spammer will be wasting lots of time and money in vain, so they will either pull out the spam bot and call it a day, stopping their evil acts once and for all, or... build a far more superior bot which will become so advanced it will develop a fully functional cognitive ability and become sentient, forever dooming Mankind just because some loser living in his mom's basement wanted to pull off the classical (but equally retarded) prince of Arabia scam on countless idiots who will fall for it. Said idiots who shouldn't be surfing the web in the first place but should be kept in a scientific facility for scientists to learn how Man truly is devolving.

When will humanity learn...

Oh... I am sorry, I really went overboard in that last part...
Hum, so yeah... If you are having trouble with spam emails, this link will surely help you out.

Edited by ElectroMan, 17 June 2012 - 12:39 AM.

hz6U0LV.gif

#3 DJ Vinyl Scratch

DJ Vinyl Scratch

Vinylicious

• GMC:Member
  • 321 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:43 AM

Horrible BBCode for me. Then again, I'm using my Grandma's computer which runs on Vista and only has IE8.

Edited by EIVGL, 17 June 2012 - 12:44 AM.

I support gay marriage. 

I also support random humor.

#4 CGPM

CGPM

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 52 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:07 AM

Horrible BBCode for me. Then again, I'm using my Grandma's computer which runs on Vista and only has IE8.

I found a fix for your problem. Look at the links and manually remove the %20 parts. Then the picture and link will work. It has nothing to do with your computer.

#5 DJ Vinyl Scratch

DJ Vinyl Scratch

Vinylicious

• GMC:Member
  • 321 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:07 AM

Fixed WAAY earlier.

I support gay marriage. 

I also support random humor.

#6 the_salmon

the_salmon

GMC Member

• 0 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

At least you could provide basic information about that site. Sounds reasonable instead of advertising it as the Holy Grail of web surfing.

From what I could gather this site is basically a "decoy" for spam bots to stumble upon, because spam bots relentlessly visit every link of every page (they are morons that way). That being said, simply the mere presence of this link will make bots quickly follow it and be trapped there (I don't know what marvels they see in the link to follow it, maybe they think it's hot. Hey, I am not one to judge). They get trapped there because the site pulls fake email addresses right out of their magic hats, but maybe in a less wondrous way than how I just described it. Being repeatedly bombarded by fake emails where it is forced to send spam messages, the spammer will be wasting lots of time and money in vain, so they will either pull out the spam bot and call it a day, stopping their evil acts once and for all, or... build a far more superior bot which will become so advanced it will develop a fully functional cognitive ability and become sentient, forever dooming Mankind just because some loser living in his mom's basement wanted to pull off the classical (but equally retarded) prince of Arabia scam on countless idiots who will fall for it. Said idiots who shouldn't be surfing the web in the first place but should be kept in a scientific facility for scientists to learn how Man truly is devolving.

When will humanity learn...

Oh... I am sorry, I really went overboard in that last part...
Hum, so yeah... If you are having trouble with spam emails, this link will surely help you out.

dude, what with the anti humanity ranting? some of my best friends are humans
also: http://xkcd.com/810/
migrating from a dying world

#7 Lukasmah

Lukasmah

A fan of staplers

• GMC Member
  • 840 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:51 PM

Dude, what with the anti humanity ranting? Some of my best friends are humans.

LOL

This is my signature. Isn't it nice?

#8 roytheshort

roytheshort

The Village Idiot

• GMC Member
  • 539 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:23 PM

This has made me think. Since spambots search the page for links to go to to spread their spam. If a spambot places their e-mail, will other spambots spam their spam into that e-mail which in turn will trigger the other spambot to reply in an endless cycle?

Either that or I'm not getting this right. (I'm not good with computer?)

#9 ElectroMan

ElectroMan

Jack of No Trades

• GMC Member
  • 269 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:55 PM

dude, what with the anti humanity ranting? some of my best friends are humans

Ahah, I see what you did there. But naw, it's not "human hating", it was a little humorous story I just came up in the spot.

This has made me think. Since spambots search the page for links to go to to spread their spam. If a spambot places their e-mail, will other spambots spam their spam into that e-mail which in turn will trigger the other spambot to reply in an endless cycle?

Either that or I'm not getting this right. (I'm not good with computer?)

If I understand what you are asking, no, spambots won't reply to other emails. They just send spam, they don't respond to them. As far as I know, anyway.

hz6U0LV.gif