Part one is for my game "Sudoku Editions: Japan". Snippet:
I made it clear from the beginning that my goal with Sudoku Editions: Japan was to try and find sponsors to publish the game – the idea being that these sponsors would pay a fee for the distribution rights. So we set up a deal, and got to work. Luckily, I’d already made the game by this point so the redevelopment process wasn’t too involving, which left me to search for sponsors (a difficult task to say the least).
Sudoku Editions: Japan made it’s first $200 mid-January 2012, but it wasn’t until April that it really started paying off. The initial effort it took to establish connections with sponsors and get set up with them was nightmarish. The process involved providing tax certification, solving compatibility issues, and implementing tedious application programming interfaces (API).
Read about my HTML5 earnings for Sudoku Editions: Japan
Part two is for my game "Picture Shifter":
While the development process for Picture Shifter was simpler and faster than it was for my sudoku game, many of the problems I encountered were similar (both games were created around the same time). It took several months to get set up with the publishers that I was trying to license my work to. Thankfully, as the market has evolved I’ve been able to establish a good relationship with many of the sponsors so the whole process is much faster for me now.
By the start of April, I had made a pitiful $12 from Picture Shifter. I was a little worried about how it would perform as I finalized the paperwork with several publishers, and started pitching the game to them.
Read about my HTML5 earnings for Picture Shifter
Questions and comments are welcome.