The Annual Red Green Blue Competition
The competition has ended
Video by Davve
- You may only submit one entry.
- You may work in teams (Maximum of 4 people).
- Your entry may be updated upon receiving feedback, however all updates after the deadline will not be rated.
- the only pixel colors that are allowed in the game window are the colors of your chosen scheme.
- Your entry may be of any genre (refrain from using sexual and drug-related content).
- If you would like to be a judge you must PM me and are then also disqualified from the competition (judges can not win).
- while not necessary it would great to see a daily update log of you game.
- Have fun, please do not break this rule, as it is the most important one.
- Although not required, streaming your development is always appreciated
- The competition starts on June 22nd (6/22/12) at 6pm GMT and lasts for one week until June 29th, I will post a message one hour prior to the comp - end letting everyone know.
- STATUS: The Comp. has started!
Go Make a Game!
- Not taken
^ This is updated on a daily basis. (mostly)
- There are three different color schemes that you may use, but once you choose a color theme, you may only use those colors in your entry.
- Using colors that are not part of the color scheme that you chose will result in severe point deduction of your score.
- You may not use transparencies other than 255 or 0 (opaque or fully transparent).
A side note: The palette files are meant to be read by Paint.net
Oak: A scheme for creative mindsets
Retro: A scheme for experienced designers and developers
Orbit: A very difficult scheme to adapt to
Voting for RGB will work in a rather linear way:
- 20 Points are awarded overall
- Points are based on the average of all participating Judges
- Every game must have received votes from at least 2 of the 8 Judges
Points are awarded on following categories:
Game play - 8 points
Style / Use of Color Scheme - 4 points
Atmosphere - 4 points
Innovation - 2 points
Polish - 2 points
Total - 20 points
I am presuming that an average game will score around a 12 - 14.
Users who have joined the competition
This users are part of the RGB 2012 competition
If RGB still has less than 4 judges before the competition starts, then I will change the voting theme to the following
- NeoTalon ( 6.14.12)
Edited by NeoTalon27, 29 June 2012 - 06:15 PM.