I'm sure someone has remade Minesweeper into GM before, but the original purpose of this was to show someone just how much more efficient GM is with set_automatic_draw(0), when practical. However it ended up even better than I expected in terms of CPU usage, responsiveness etc., and so I am uploading it here for any to see.
- Fully working Minesweeper game
- Progress recorded and saved
- Custom size of grid (window resolution)
- Custom ranging from 10x10 to 96x64, with custom amount of mines like with normal minesweeper
- Extremely CPU efficient and responsive for a GM game
Another image, of a larger game
I have commented and neatened the code to a hopefully acceptable level to be useful.
Note: there were no resources used other than 1 room, 1 object and 3 scripts.
And, an exe version in a zip for anyone who wants to try but hasn't GM8.1