Anyway, I have a list of suggestions for the Sandbox that I would like you guys to read
I know YoYo Games doesn't have much time on their hands, so I have tried to limit my suggestions to ones that are possible given how busy YoYo Games is
1. Removing the old instant play feature.
- It's useless and obsolete
- Since it doesn't serve a purpose, it's just an unnecessary drain on the servers.
- The old design is boring, and, well... old
- A better looking website encourages more members and visitors
- I'm tired of looking at that lame design from 2007 :/
- It wouldn't be too hard, just use the same CSS style sheet as the GMC, and then modify it a bit.
3. Link to the GMC
- On the Sandbox currently, there is a link to the old YYGF.
- Since there is no need for this anymore, how about just automatically redirect to GMC
- This could be done in the redesign.
- Another way to link to the GMC is to allow a user to put a link to their GMC account (if they have on) on their profile.
4. Allow users to upload HTML5 games.
- More of a reason for members to go there.
- More games for visitors to play.
- The Sandbox should be kept up to date with the newest form of online gaming
If you have any other suggestions, post in this topic and I will add them here if I think they are worth mentioning and are not too far-fetched.
As stated before, I know YoYo Games are frequently busy with GM:Studio and other things, but an update of the Sandbox would boost the experience of their main customers, users of the GMC.
It would create a helpful and comfortable online environment. They would get help with their games and talk about game development here in the GMC, and then upload their games and play other's games on the Sandbox. Then they would post about those games here, and a member would see that post and go play that game on the Sandbox. Then said member would return here and post about the game. It creates a loop of good game development and discussion.
Of course, such an environment already exists, but I have noticed that some members on the GMC upload their games to websites such as MediaFire and other file uploading sites. If the Sandbox was updated, it would encourage members here to post their games there, and boost fore-mentioned environment.
Thanks for taking the time to read this Please do not pass this off as a noob expecting too much from YoYo Games. These are my legitimate suggestions that I sincerely believe will benefit the Sandbox and it's users, as well as users here. I have also taken into account the position YoYo Games is in as to the limited amount of time they have to deal with requests like this. I learnt that the hard way while on the YoYo Games Forums.
Edited by ThatRandomGuy, 04 June 2012 - 07:59 AM.