Hello everyone. This little project started out as a little mechanics experiment of mine. I'm trying to create a game where you control your character using the left mouse button only. I've gotten the basic game gameplay down, however I think it'd benefit from a little more variety in the enemies, and the scenery isn't that pretty at the moment. However I feel the controls are satisfying and the attacks look reasonably pretty.
[Try it here - HTML5]
- Click to jump
- While in the air - Click again to do a forward-spin-attack. This is also what you use to reposition yourself.
- While in the air - Double click on the ground to use a special attack. you can use this 3 times, however they regenerate if you survive long enough.
Here are some issues i feel are a little "iffy":
- Needs more enemies.
- Is the bonus system too generous? While it's cool to see big white 8000pts, it might give the player the feeling that the kills in the start are valueless.
- The scenery is not too pretty.
- The special move is really only usefull before the end of the game. This makes the regenrate-special-attacks-over time solution a little useless as you rarely get the time to regenerate.
- How do you feel the progression is? Does the frequency of the enemies spawning feel ok? I really don't know since I've been getting so much practice while making the thing.
- The spear-enemies are currently just free points. They can't hurt you. Is that weird, or is it ok?
I'm open to all kinds of ideas and suggestions . All feedback is appreciated
- Added a hangglider enemy
- Changed the progression
- You now hit the enemies on the ground vertically with your sword (automatically when you run into them).
- Added an enemy walking on stilts
- The background in between the games will be a screenshot of the last time you died.
- Added local highscore (online coming soon)
Edited by SafetyBear, 15 July 2012 - 01:22 AM.