This isn't the first time this problem has came up for me. The last time it happened, I tried everything to fix it--no luck... Oddly enough, I managed to get different low fps averages based on how many USB devices were plugged into my laptop, the highest being around 22fps. Regardless, I never got it working at 100% capacity... until I created a new Windows User and migrated everything over to the new profile. Just like that GameMaker ran smoothly regardless of what I threw at it. I honestly have no idea what could be causing this issue. Windows 7 doesn't lag when a GM .exe is running--everything besides the game runs smoothly. I had been using GM for 6-8 months before this problem first came up.
My specs are as follows:
|Alienware M11x R2
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core i5 CPU U 520 1.07GHz
NVIDIA Geforce 355m - 1gb
4gb of RAM
My only hope is if someone here has any possible ideas to fix this. I'd prefer not to employ a temporary fix like I did before.
Edited by Seth52, 30 May 2012 - 08:55 AM.