12 replies to this topic

#1 Misu

Misu

Awesometasticness!

• GMC Member
  • 691 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:01 PM

I've been working on this game for 2 years now and I finally finished working on it. Introducing Neon BBXD. This Brick-breaking game is not like any other. With impressive graphics and amazing game play, this goes to show there is something entertaining about brick breaking other than saying it is boring. You may encounter not just bricks but critters that squirm around, meteor showers from the sky, and even dragons that blows plasma rays that destroy anything in its path. Plus there are 100 levels to face and there are 7 different type of shooting actions that will blow your head off (only 3 must be unlocked). Try to see how far you can get, even see if you can reach the online world scoreboard!

Instructions:
Press either key 1 (mouse), 2 (keyboard), or 3 (joystick) to change controller mode.
If mouse mode:
-Use mouse to move the paddle.
-Left click whether to release ball, shoot bullets, or any other action.
If Keyboard mode:
-Use the left and right arrow keys to move the paddle.
-Press and hold up arrow key to boost the paddle.
-Press the space bar whether to release ball, shoot bullets, or any other action.
*Obviously joystick mode is simple to guess how it works but it is not fully tested*
Another thing, press Enter to pause the game and Shift for un-pausing.

An additional, I added a universal save and load action which allows you to save a part of your game and load it either in this game or another MisuMen game. (The only game compatible with this feature is Lose or Window which can be downloaded at YoYo Games)

Plus you can unlock achievements and features in the game.

This game also includes a time breaker mode and an X mode.

So try it now and see how far you can reach on playing this.

Compatibility:
-Windows
-High Definition
-file size is 50MB.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Download Link:

Download

Thank you all who collaborated in the making of this game. Please try out my game. Hope you enjoy! ^_^

Edited by MisuMen49, 17 June 2012 - 12:38 PM.

#2 Debels

Debels

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3029 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:39 PM

This looks epic @_@, added to favorites and downloading ^_^.

Would edit this post later when i test the game :P

"Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime."

(Chinese axiom)

#3 Yopenatal

Yopenatal

HystericalQuestioner

• GMC Member
  • 43 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:47 PM

Nice game, the graphics and sound are very neat

Conquer and Repeat.

#4 Misu

Misu

Awesometasticness!

• GMC Member
  • 691 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:00 AM

Thanks everyone. I will make an update next week. :cool:

#5 Exkakx

Exkakx

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 705 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:02 AM

Played, it was great. Quite laggy on my PC though, maybe you could add an option to disable all the fancy effects?

Also, there was a glitch. I got the powerup that sticks the ball to your paddle, and the ball stuck to the side of my paddle. I couldn't get it off.

ExkakxWord1.gifExkakxWord2.gifExkakxWord3.gifExkakxWord4.gif   

#6 Bending_the_rules

Bending_the_rules

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 123 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:51 PM

Except for a few bugs which can really turn you off , I do like the fancy graphics.
Bugs: 1. The real "bugs" in there get stuck among themselves as well as the wall.
2. The "bat" goes outside the screen a) if you move the mouse hard towards one wall, b) also at times with the keyboard and it really kills you.
This one was the worst.
3. In "mouse mode", if your cursor is on the side brick walls, when you are reborn due to your 2nd or 3rd life, the new bat is also created there and so it practically means
one more unjustified death.
Suggestions:
1. Please add a description of each power-up in the help file or somewhere else. (Sorry, i didn't notice but it is already there.)
2. I don't like "how the screen colour gets inverted" when you die (and you have life left). It looks terrible.

Please also fix the topic name. It reads "Now release" which should be ..... (Do I need to tell what?)

Edited by Bending_the_rules, 02 June 2012 - 03:48 PM.

Check out my blog on game design and gamemaker -> Uselessprogrammer
Posted Image

#7 mikee

mikee

BAZINGA

• GMC Member
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:04 AM

Wow! Sweet graphics!

I'll download now and reply with my feedback :)

EDIT:

WOW that's a big game! :P

This might take a while to download on my slow internet XD.

I guess it makes sense though, you've obviously put a lot of effort into the game :)

EDIT 2:

Ok, after downloading (that took a while :P), I opened it, and it took a bit longer to load than I expected, but that's understandable. Anyway, the introduction is awesome, and at a first glance, the graphics are great and sound effects suit the game :D I've only played for a couple of minutes, but it seems great so far! A tutorial at the start would be good, and it's a bit confusing, but I'm gonna go play some more! :D Thanks for this awesome game that should provide me entertainment for this weekend and when I'm bored at school :woot:

Edited by ThatRandomGuy, 02 June 2012 - 05:18 AM.

[insert shameful self promotion here]

#8 Exkakx

Exkakx

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 705 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:26 AM

Also, remove the screen shake at the beginning. That was just not necessary. :P

ExkakxWord1.gifExkakxWord2.gifExkakxWord3.gifExkakxWord4.gif   

#9 mikee

mikee

BAZINGA

• GMC Member
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:34 AM

Also, remove the screen shake at the beginning. That was just not necessary. :P

No way! It's awesome!

[insert shameful self promotion here]

#10 Bending_the_rules

Bending_the_rules

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 123 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:17 PM

I wrote a review on this game. You can check it out at Innovative Game Design Blog or Indiegraph .
Posted Image

#11 Misu

Misu

Awesometasticness!

• GMC Member
  • 691 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:01 PM

Thanks for the review and I will work on a new update for this game to fix those bugs and improve some things. The update will take long to arrive but I promise to have them done before the end of this month. :geek:

BTW. Once I have the update done and release, I would like a review at YoYoGames sandbox; BUT NOT NOW! :blink: Just when I have the new update finished and uploaded. :happy:

Oh and... I am not changing the "lose life" color effect nor getting rid of the shaking. I find it cool that way.

#12 Bending_the_rules

Bending_the_rules

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 123 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:32 AM

Of course, I can review it again. It's always good to see something getting better.
About the "lose life" colour effect, it was just my opinion. Maybe, you can give a option to turn it off (You know, for someone like me).
Posted Image

#13 Misu

Misu

Awesometasticness!

• GMC Member
  • 691 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:44 PM

Unfortunate news. The MisuMen Group had died (no longer continuing progress and existence). However, I continue on making games for a new group (still have no name since its new) and will work on the new update of this game on the group. So the game update won't be release this month; date is to be announced eventually. Thanks for your patience. ;)