Welcome to the Land of the Greems! What this is is a hybrid of Tower Defense and Real Time Strategy. In a nutshell, you train workers, or 'Greems', and have them collect resources. These resources can be used to turn Greems into guards, which are needed to operate the defense Towers you will be building. The Towers also need resources, as well as other support buildings! Be quick though, you only have a limited time between each wave of enemies, so you have to have your towers and guards ready!
How to Play/Tips for Play
- You start with two workers, and you will need a lot more of these! The cost for things is in a small box in the bottom right corner, and your resources are displayed at the top. To have a worker collect a resource, left click the worker, and right click a resource. They will automate between the Town Centre and the resource. Workers can be built at the Town Centre (the grey building with a Bell). Simply click the town centre, and then click the orange button at the bottom of the screen (workers cost 10 food!).
- The aim is to build Towers to defend against the monsters. Towers cost resources, which your workers must collect! They also require guards before they become operational. Build a Barracks and task a worker on the Barracks to turn them into a guard (these cost resources too!), and then task the guard on a Tower to have him enter it.
- Pay close attention to how many resources are required for each building or unit! For this demo, you will need food, wood, and stone, which are scattered around the map.
- If you are confused where to start, I would recommend tasking your first two workers on food (the pigs), and then training about 4 more workers to gather stone and wood. Get a Barracks out before you build the Towers, and start training those guards!
After inheriting the Land of the Greems from your father, you thought you had your life well set out. But the Dark Lord Dissentio looked upon your undeveloped lands and filthy Greems with envious eyes. Raising an army of trolls and other monsters he began to lay waste to the various villages of the Greems. Now all that stand between him and your estates is your Greems and a court order you got from the local council - and I don't think that will help much. Tempt your Greems out of the Town Centre and get them working those resources, build some defenses, and take back the Land of the Greems!
Download - Land of the Greems
What's New: Version 3
- Depletable Resources, and ability to see how many resources are left. This means ALL resources are fair game now, not just those in 'clumps'
- Lumbercamp, Mining Camp, and Granary, which Greems will automate between if they are closer than the Town Centre. Lumbercamps are for Wood, Granaries for Food, and Mining Camps for Stone and Gold
- Drag Box to select a unit easier, click and drag the box over a unit - this feature CANNOT select multiple units, implementing that will require a complete rewrite, so it may be a while in the making
- Deselect units/buildings with the left mouse button
- Pigs now wander about, rather than being confined to a small area
- Graphical tweaks/New Particle Effects
- A Minimap, which displays friendly and enemy units. You can click on the Minimap to move around the room
- A Title Screen
- Can see workers behind buildings via an outline
- Improved Enemy Design
- Greems/Guards can now be seen behind buildings
- Fix the bugs and issues
- Smelter and Sawmill
- New Towers (Seige Forts)
- New Enemies (Trolls)
- Tower Upgrade System
- Ability to start the next wave early
- Tower Defense Gameplay when defending against waves of enemies
- RTS gameplay to build up your defenses
- Build and order Greems about
- Create buildings and manage your resources
- Train guards to use the Towers
- RTS features such as Minimap, depletable resources, Drag boxes, and more.
- Charming graphical style
- Greems sometimes walk through the resource they are trying to collect; if this occurs, for now, just select them again and keep trying to task them on a resource, they WILL stay there eventually
- Pause feature is not watertight; I need to hear from all of you what issues you encounter with it (Press 'P' to pause and unpause)
Category: Tower Defense and RTS
File Size: 5.56MB (3.43MB Zipped)
GM Version: GM8
Vista Compatible: Yes
Changes Screen Resolution: No
Edited by Da Bee, 26 May 2012 - 11:45 AM.