5 replies to this topic

#1 thunderpow10

thunderpow10

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 7 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:54 AM

I didn't find the fourm that this type of post should go in, but anyways...
When I try to install the Firefox version of Instant Play, is says that the plug in is corrupted.
I'm using the latest version of Firefox.

#2 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7470 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:55 AM

When I try to install the Firefox version of Instant Play, is says that the plug in is corrupted.
I'm using the latest version of Firefox.

I wish YoYoGames would just remove the InstantPlay option altogether. They don't support it any longer -- we understand that.

However, leaving a "broken system" on their website sends the wrong message. It looks like the site isn't maintained, or that the owners don't care enough to fix it. Better to just remove the "play now" option altogether... and be done with it.

#3 The Legend

The Legend

Unashamed

• GMC Member
  • 1128 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:24 PM

I agree. I have experienced the same kind of problems with the review team. I tried to PM one and he didn't answer. The other one can't receive PMs so my hard work on making an application went down the tube.

#4 Mike.Dailly

Mike.Dailly

Evil YoYo Games Employee

• Administrators
  • 3275 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

I wish YoYoGames would just remove the InstantPlay option altogether. They don't support it any longer -- we understand that.
However, leaving a "broken system" on their website sends the wrong message. It looks like the site isn't maintained, or that the owners don't care enough to fix it. Better to just remove the "play now" option altogether... and be done with it.

I agree and it's been on my list to remove for a while, but that work also involves processing all games back into a download state, and that work takes time. Basically, we just don't have the time just now, but it's on a post-it on my monitor, it will get done when we get time.

#5 roytheshort

roytheshort

The Village Idiot

• GMC Member
  • 440 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:00 PM

They stopped functionality for it as soon as they made GM8, they will remove it soon.

#6 Snail_Man

Snail_Man

I wear many Hatz

• GMC Member
  • 1441 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:25 PM

They stopped functionality for it as soon as they made GM8, they will remove it soon.

Wow, has it really been that long?

Now I feel old :confused:

(Not really, I've only been using GM since 6.1)

Edited by Snail_Man, 29 May 2012 - 10:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users