Internet Explorer Script Error on startup

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 emptyhead41

emptyhead41

GMC Member

• 4 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:41 PM

Quick search yielded no results so I thought I'd post this.
When I first startup GameMaker Studio beta (just downloaded today) a box appears over the 'New Project/Welcome to GameMaker Studio' screen titled 'Internet Explorer Script Error' which goes on to say that 'An error has occured in the script on this page'.
As I don't use Internet Explorer I have never updated it (bar any that were included in XP Service Pack 3), so I assume that's where the problem lies. Using Win XP SP3 x86.
Does this page run in some sort of IE window? Would it be possible to do the same in whatever browser is registered as the user's default?
It's not a major problem, as I can just click that I wish to continue running scripts anyway and it all seems to work ok, but an error is an error and I'm probably not the only person to never use IE. Am I?

Screen grab of the error:
Posted Image

#2 faissialoo

faissialoo

I get high on orange

• GMC Member
  • 1115 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

IE has errors on almost every page,just ignore it

#3 benoit.rouleau

benoit.rouleau

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1471 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

IE has errors on almost every page,just ignore it

Downvote.

How can you call yourself a programmer with that attitude?

#4 faissialoo

faissialoo

I get high on orange

• GMC Member
  • 1115 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:14 PM

No, really

#5 alexandervrs

alexandervrs

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 623 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:44 PM

The error is caused because the News & Release Notes tab use IE control to display the content and some script causes some kind of error. I'd prefer if GameMaker used Webkit to show it, but it's not as easy to setup and the Webkit binary is large. You should update Internet Explorer even if you don't use it, as some apps depend on the IE control to show inline HTML content. It doesn't only benefit GameMaker but other apps as well and even Windows itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users