• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Spikky577

Spikky577

GMC Member

• 3 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:56 AM

Okay where to begin, this is my WIP that I have been coding off and on for a month or so. There is still plenty to do, however I think I have quite a good combat system going. Soon there will be items and things, plus much more!

So what makes this different from your typical TDS?
Well when I first started making this game I had the control scheme set up so W was for acceleration, S was for deceleration and AD were dodging. However I found this system to be bothersome. So I did a complete redesign and in my opinion it is a lot better. You control the ship using the mouse, press Ctrl to toggle weapons (which auto aim BTW) and this leaves you to mainly concentrate on dodging. Of course there will be improvements over time like missiles, auto targeting upgrades in the form of chips etc..

I hope to get a fully dynamic universe, you will be able to choose any path, you'll be able to be a freelancer, pirate, police, trader etc.. Basically anything you see in-game you can become. I hope to be able to make it so that you can build your own space station, be it a trading port, military base or a factory. Everything you do will impact the universe. For example, you build lots of weapon factories everywhere then there will be a surplus of weapons, crashing the market.

So yeah... There is a massive to-do list, and as it is a big task I'll be posting updates either weekly or monthly depending on how long it takes. Along with new ideas and things :thumbsup:

Update:
Fixed mouse on HUD (No more moving the ship when clicking on the HUD).
Fixed tractoring cargo.
Fixed a explosion colour.
Fixed unlimited sensor range.
Improved laser sprites.

Screenshots:
Spoiler

Red Further 0.0.2
Red Further 0.0.2.1

And yes, my username on that site is Pr0xy, had to use this one as that name is taken over here.

Edited by Spikky577, 21 May 2012 - 07:16 AM.

#2 deluksic

deluksic

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:43 PM

hey, i see you have a good game going, but I can't open the file, as my google chrome says it is malicious. Please put the file into a zip then repost it ;)

#3 Spikky577

Spikky577

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:06 AM

hey, i see you have a good game going, but I can't open the file, as my google chrome says it is malicious. Please put the file into a zip then repost it ;)

I have changed the link to a zip file as requested. Enjoy :biggrin:

#4 Spikky577

Spikky577

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:17 AM

Update! Mostly bug fixes, and a small improvement to the laser sprites :biggrin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users