• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 coldstep

coldstep

GMC Member

• 2 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:41 AM

Hey I am a developer from Greece and I have a question. If I create a game with game maker standard, can I sell it? (from my website in a low price, 5-10 euros).
this is my first post. If I have placed in the wrong category in forum, please put it in the right category.

#2 Mr. Munchkin

Mr. Munchkin

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 718 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:39 AM

Why of course you can sell your game! But, it's highly unlikely that it will sell.
Most game developers have to jump through such hoops as advertisement options, hosting, the purchase of Game Maker pro and a number of other things that make the game more appealing.

Most developers here spend months - if not years! - developing their game to 'Commercial standard' and even then don't go through with it. I highly suggest that you take a look at some other Commercial Games developed by Game Maker users, such as The Oil Blue, or just take a look at the Distributing Games forums to see others users stories of their experience.

In a nutshell, I'd highly reconsider selling the game, but rather release it as a free game, get some critism on it and get to work on another project.
Also, welcome to the GMC! :)

#3 Jack Indie Box

Jack Indie Box

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1558 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:45 AM

Aswell as selling it on your OWN site. upload it to a self publishing site like indiecity.com and anywhere else you can find to sell it, there are many places

#4 Lightang3l

Lightang3l

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1301 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:58 AM

5-10 euros is not a low price by the way.

I worked on my game for more than an year and I wouldn't consider selling it for more than 3 euros.

#5 Jack Indie Box

Jack Indie Box

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1558 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:11 AM

i agree, you can get top indie titles for less than that, or even in a steam sale a normal game

#6 coldstep

coldstep

GMC Member

• 2 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:29 AM

You are all right (2-5 euros I think is ok :P )! :D :D thanks a lot guys!

#7 ChefDavid22

ChefDavid22

No, YOU shut up!

• GMC Member
  • 1193 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:16 PM

For anyone that comes across this post from the States - all you need to do is file a DBA (Doing Business As) with your county (about $9) then get a free federal tax idea from the IRS website.

That's it. Then you can do whatever you want from there, sign up with google play, android stores, apple store. Etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users