Jump to content


Photo

An error occured installing the extension packages


  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Spyker

Spyker

    GMC Member

  • GMC Member
  • 785 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

I had the extensions working yesterday, now it pops up saying it cannot find the extensions when I open my game that had them. If I try to install them, it will just give "An error occured installing the extension packages".

Things I tried:

  • Running as administrator
  • Compatibility with XP
  • Installing packages to a new gm81 file
  • Downloading the extensions again (it does this to every extension)

Running on Windows 7, and I updated to the latest GM 8.1 (I was using the last stable version before) hoping it would fix it, but it did not.
  • 0

#2 Spyker

Spyker

    GMC Member

  • GMC Member
  • 785 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:12 PM

I am still having this problem. It's getting frustrating because it has put my game development on hold for the past week. I'm trying everything I can think of to fix it.
  • 0

#3 Spyker

Spyker

    GMC Member

  • GMC Member
  • 785 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:34 PM

Okay I finally managed to fix it by going to (Thanks to JacksonYarr)

<Drive>:\Users\<Username> \AppData\Local\GameMaker8.1\ extensions

and deleting all the extensions in the folder, then reinstalling.

Boggles my mind why an error like this would happen but at least there is a fix for it.



Edit: Realized I could have just edited my last post, oops.

Edited by Spyker, 16 May 2012 - 08:35 PM.

  • 0




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users