2 replies to this topic

#1 Spyker

Spyker

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 790 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

I had the extensions working yesterday, now it pops up saying it cannot find the extensions when I open my game that had them. If I try to install them, it will just give "An error occured installing the extension packages".

Things I tried:

• Running as administrator
  • Compatibility with XP
  • Installing packages to a new gm81 file
  • Downloading the extensions again (it does this to every extension)

Running on Windows 7, and I updated to the latest GM 8.1 (I was using the last stable version before) hoping it would fix it, but it did not.

Check out Night Bike for Android and iOS!

2j2wyvk.png

Curious on how to code in other languages? I highly recommend you check out Team Tree house. You'll learn a lot of skills and methods that will help with GameMaker, and you can learn how to code things to work with your game (websites, databases, etc). There are tons of small courses that range from beginner to advanced.

#2 Spyker

Spyker

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 790 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:12 PM

I am still having this problem. It's getting frustrating because it has put my game development on hold for the past week. I'm trying everything I can think of to fix it.

2j2wyvk.png

Curious on how to code in other languages? I highly recommend you check out Team Tree house. You'll learn a lot of skills and methods that will help with GameMaker, and you can learn how to code things to work with your game (websites, databases, etc). There are tons of small courses that range from beginner to advanced.

#3 Spyker

Spyker

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 790 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:34 PM

Okay I finally managed to fix it by going to (Thanks to JacksonYarr)

<Drive>:\Users\<Username> \AppData\Local\GameMaker8.1\ extensions

and deleting all the extensions in the folder, then reinstalling.

Boggles my mind why an error like this would happen but at least there is a fix for it.

Edit: Realized I could have just edited my last post, oops.

Edited by Spyker, 16 May 2012 - 08:35 PM.

2j2wyvk.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users