3 replies to this topic

#1 stoneyftw

stoneyftw

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 112 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

I'm having a hard time finding something concrete in the forums on how to automatically scale things to the browser size for a GMHTML5 game.

What I have:
A background that is 1024x690 (~ full screen landscape iPad)

What I need it to do:
Display correctly on an iPad, and scale correctly on an iPhone. I want the phone to basically just shrink it down, and display the whole image on the main phone screen. I can't figure out how to do this for the life of me.

#2 darkclower

darkclower

GMC Member

• 80 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:45 PM

There are many ways of doing this, and the best is probably to shrink it with Photoshop or a similar program.

But you can also do this in code. You will do this by drawing the background with an object with this code.
draw_sprite_stretched(SPRITE,IMAGE,X,Y,WIDTH,HEIGHT);

Just replace width and height with the width and height you want (the iPhones resolution).

Good luck with your game. (:

#3 stoneyftw

stoneyftw

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 112 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

There are many ways of doing this, and the best is probably to shrink it with Photoshop or a similar program.

But you can also do this in code. You will do this by drawing the background with an object with this code.

Just replace width and height with the width and height you want (the iPhones resolution).

So I am able to achieve the effect I want by using views, however, the function os_device returns the wrong devices... for instance, os_device = ios_device_ipad when running on my iphone, and os_device = ios_device_iphone_retina when running on my ipad.

Anyone ever seen that?

Edited by stoneyftw, 03 May 2012 - 06:13 PM.

#4 darkclower

darkclower

GMC Member

• 80 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:14 AM

So I am able to achieve the effect I want by using views, however, the function os_device returns the wrong devices... for instance, os_device = ios_device_ipad when running on my iphone, and os_device = ios_device_iphone_retina when running on my ipad.

Anyone ever seen that?

Greetings.

According to another post, you should do something like this.
if (YoYo_GetPlatform() & os_ios && YoYo_GetDevice() & device_ios_ipad)

I hope this helps! (:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users