9 replies to this topic

#1 Memoable99

Memoable99

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 75 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:29 AM

i am making a "TDS Zombie" game using game maker 8 and am in need of a blood splatter sprite. i would like it to be not too detail because my "Zombies" are basically a circle with a line going from the middle to the right and i used the "image_angle = point_direction (x,y,obj_player.x,obj_player.y)" script to make my character face the mouse and the "Zombies face my character.

Preferably i would like the blood splatter to be multiple small cubes of red with a black outline shoot out in an explosion on the "Zombies". My character sprite is 32x32 and my "Zombies" are 28x28 so i would like the blood splatter to extend a little further than the "Zombies" so please make them 32x32. If anyone would like a copy of the game, When i am done i will put a link on this topic to where you can download it.

If I have helped you in any way or done anything to make you happy please help me by pressing the rep_up.png button!

Spoiler

23.jpg

#2 Memoable99

Memoable99

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:40 AM

Also i need a tileset for a house. both inside and outside would be good but i mainly need the outside so i can get working on making the player able to go indoors and purchase money and ammo and also to be able to store any items and stuff like that... I also forgot to mention. If you help ill mention you in my credits and if you want a link to your website etc but you will need to supply me with some valid resources and then PM me all your details :)

If I have helped you in any way or done anything to make you happy please help me by pressing the rep_up.png button!

Spoiler

23.jpg

#3 Jsd1019

Jsd1019

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:17 AM

i am making a "TDS Zombie" game using game maker 8 and am in need of a blood splatter sprite. i would like it to be not too detail because my "Zombies" are basically a circle with a line going from the middle to the right and i used the "image_angle = point_direction (x,y,obj_player.x,obj_player.y)" script to make my character face the mouse and the "Zombies face my character.

Preferably i would like the blood splatter to be multiple small cubes of red with a black outline shoot out in an explosion on the "Zombies". My character sprite is 32x32 and my "Zombies" are 28x28 so i would like the blood splatter to extend a little further than the "Zombies" so please make them 32x32. If anyone would like a copy of the game, When i am done i will put a link on this topic to where you can download it.

How many frames would you like it to be? (My work may look suckish, i'm new to spriting)
Anyway, here's what I currently have http://i.imgur.com/1tXdO.png
Posted Image

#4 Memoable99

Memoable99

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:40 PM

How many frames would you like it to be? (My work may look suckish, i'm new to spriting)

wow nicee :) thats pre good but can u extend it maybe about 2 more frames or so... the longer the better but idc if its short. This is great thanks (:

Spoiler

23.jpg

#5 Jsd1019

Jsd1019

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:14 AM

wow nicee :) thats pre good but can u extend it maybe about 2 more frames or so... the longer the better but idc if its short. This is great thanks (:

Here you go, the new size per frame is 64x64:
http://i.imgur.com/zkTMV.png

Edited by Jsd1019, 06 May 2012 - 12:01 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Memoable99

Memoable99

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

thanks mate :) cheers :thumbsup:

Spoiler

23.jpg

#7 VirtuCity

VirtuCity

VirtuCity Co-Creator

• GMC Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:25 PM

You need blood splatter >?
You could just make a particle system. It would look way better and the blood wont be the same. You will also save fps.

8tO5PfD.png 

#8 Memoable99

Memoable99

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

You need blood splatter >?
You could just make a particle system. It would look way better and the blood wont be the same. You will also save fps.

How do I do that?? do you have a link to a tutorial or something? but the details in this game weren't going to be advanced but still I don't mind trying to fix up the graphics ::lmao::

Spoiler

23.jpg

#9 VirtuCity

VirtuCity

VirtuCity Co-Creator

• GMC Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

Do you have pro ?

http://sandbox.yoyog...-effects-engine Every thing about particles - easy to use.
Just start the game and search the rooms with the gore.

Edited by XTIDIA Games, 16 May 2012 - 12:48 PM.

8tO5PfD.png 

#10 Memoable99

Memoable99

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:17 AM

Do you have pro ?

http://sandbox.yoyog...-effects-engine Every thing about particles - easy to use.
Just start the game and search the rooms with the gore.

yea i got 8.1 and 8 pro :)

Spoiler

23.jpg