Command Stack usage in GMS
Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:25 PM
http://gmc.yoyogames...opic=335600&hl= command stack&st=0
-and from the get go in GMS it has been nonfunctional while either causing a fatal crash or just not seeming to execute is any meaningful way. No flag info is generated to debug with in either case ( that I know of, which doesn't mean much IMO) . So guys am I dense or is it a change in data structures/calls or a simple runner bug causing this? BTW it does work on HTML5 but thats presumably from the Delphi runner still being in use there.
Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:34 PM
Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:03 AM
Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:56 AM
Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:07 AM
Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:18 AM
Just unintalled, reinstalled studio... No change, windows/Android version of project does not react.
Well, you say windows... Like I said, I tried it under windows and HTML5 (not android) and it works.
Open Studio, import the demo (commandstack.gmk). runs fines here.
Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:29 PM
Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:14 PM
Thats including windows, E.I when you say it works are the arrows on screen moving?
Yes and the ai is chasing and eating the other guys. and the tank rooms work too,
Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:05 PM
I just did a clean GMS install on my laptop (has not had GMS on it till now) updated GMS and still no functionaliy of commandstack.gmk outside HTML5 ...
Either you are doing someting very right or I am doing osmething very wrong here...
My GMS list version as 1.0.153 (r11948) Is this somehow not the version you are using?
Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:42 PM
These bugs are almost impossible to figure out unless the person who experiences it (on his machine) is skilled enough to debug it. And it's not easy to debug someone else's stuff.
If you could use show_debug_message() starting from the top functions and pin point where it's failing...
top of function
bottom of function, before the return statements
Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:18 AM
Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:36 AM
Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:14 AM
It worked perfectly with the HTML5 export, with the Blue AI object immediately hunting down the Red enemies.
With both the Windows and Android exports, the screen froze immediately when running, with the Blue AI object and all visible Red enemies frozen with their directional arrows pointing right.
Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:24 AM
Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:12 AM
Edited by lordvtp, 05 May 2012 - 06:13 AM.
Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:56 AM
Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:26 PM
I don't know where the fault would happen or why it would glitch only for some. Especially in Windows
Added to bug tracker
Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:45 PM
Edited by lordvtp, 21 May 2012 - 10:46 PM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users