• 457 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:07 PM

PlanIt [beta]

A game in progress by Junhalestone

Over 1,900 plays!

44641.jpg

How to play:

Explore a procedurally generated planet. Find and collect materials. Enter your base to store items, or break them down into the materials they are made from.

You can then craft tools like the axe and pickaxe, allowing you to find more wood, stone and ores. Craft better items with new, rarer materials.

You can build extra warehouses further away from your initial spawn point, and walls to guard your base.

Watch out for any aggressive creatures on the planet, as they will attack you.  

Rebuild your spaceship and take off into space. You can then explore entire solar systems, and land on new planets!

Edited by junhalestone, 01 April 2014 - 07:35 PM.

> PlanIt (WIP restarting June 12th. Need feedback and suggestions if you have them).
       - Feedback (GMC)
       - Game News + Comments (GameJolt)

> GameJolt Profile
> SoundCloud Stream

#2 faissialoo

faissialoo

I get high on orange

• GMC Member
  • 1372 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:40 PM

Fun game, I think the graphics need a little bit of work though and in the options menu I have a few options you could add to the options menu:

mute
fullscreen
controls (WASD/<up><left><down><right> )

But I like the system, it is really advanced!

The screen is a tad too dark

cooltext680386545.png
The YYGF subreddit: /r/YYGF

#3 IKSB

IKSB

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 564 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:29 AM

A game with obvious Minecraft influence. Especially the day/night cycle and music....

I was impressed. I was not impressed by the mechanics - many things about it just didn't feel right: movement was too slow, some of the details with collecting, wielding, depositing, and leveling up did not work properly. What I WAS impressed with was that, despite all of these early WIP problems, the game was still very compelling. I went out there and collected materials and made a tool. I was then told I didn't have the strength to wield it. So then I marched around the land determined to find a way to wield that tool. Unfortunately the game seemed broken in this regard because there was no way to level it up, or at least there was nothing of that sort that I could find.

On another note, when refining this game in the future (a) get your own original music, because the two songs you have for exploring and fighting don't fit together: one sounds like Minecraft and the other sounds like Mass Effect. And (b) have the transition between moods - combat and exploration - be smoother. Build up tension as you venture forward instead of have such an abrupt shift from happy-tinkling piano to angry techno.

In regards to graphics... I'm going to go on a limb here and say these are placeholders. Nothing really seems to fit together, the terrain is lackluster and unmemorable (need to work on your random-terrain generator) and the menus are messy and confusing. That said, I'm not judging you for this because I assume you know this and will replace these graphics in the future. (On a personal note, I do believe that day time is too dark: there needs to be more of a contrast between day and night.)

Good luck with this game, sir! I believe premise holds promise! (See what I did there?)
Posted Image

#4 junhalestone

junhalestone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

@Faisaloo - I can add most of those features soon - thank you.

@IKSB - thank you for your feedback.

In answer to what you said:
> I have never played minecraft, I actually took most of the influence from Pikmin, but I have been told by others that it is similar.
> You level up when you kill enemies, chop trees or mine rocks. Press I upon levelUp or return to the base to upgrade your strength stat.
> There is a [rare] glitch with wielding, but which aspects did you find were missing? Purely graphical?
> The music is original, but the way it's currently used is nowhere near final - I plan on using the 'battle' music for bosses and the normal music just with an 'overlay' to make it more energetic when near enemies. (Like in Zelda or Pikmin)
> Yes - I'm changing the music as I said and the 'danger' gradient will be different once there are more enemies, etc..
> Yes - the graphics are nearly all placeholders. I still havent' found a graphics team or artist willing to help full-time with this, but hopefully I will soon. Many of the graphics are poor quality due to this - sorry..
> I will try to work on the random terrain - I can easily add formations like rock structures, lakes and more once I have more graphics.
> The menus are confusing and for that I apologise. I will try to make them less so.

> I can hopefully add a tutorial soon - either in temporary video form or in-game. I feel this would be very beneficial as the game 'aim' seems to be confusing for many, and the instructions take a LONG time to read through.

Thank you for the help and suggestions - please follow the game if you like it!
JUN

Edit: Uploaded new Version (0.051). Has a couple of bugfixes. Depositing items now works by clicking them in the inventory when within the base's range.

Edited by junhalestone, 03 May 2012 - 04:28 PM.

> PlanIt (WIP restarting June 12th. Need feedback and suggestions if you have them).
       - Feedback (GMC)

> GameJolt Profile
> SoundCloud Stream

#5 GenoDoucette

GenoDoucette

g e n o d o

• GMC Member
  • 1008 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:37 PM

Is this a duplicated topic...?

ALWAYS >b3v6o7.jpg< ALWAYS

#6 junhalestone

junhalestone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:24 PM

Yes - however the previous topic was locked and closed due to my team member leaving. I was therefore allowed to start this new topic (because my team member had been in charge of the main post, and therefore would not be updating).

Original Topic was here: http://gmc.yoyogames...pic=534979&st=0

This is the main topic now. Sorry for any confusion.

- Feedback (GMC)

> GameJolt Profile
> SoundCloud Stream

#7 GenoDoucette

GenoDoucette

g e n o d o

• GMC Member
  • 1008 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

Yes - however the previous topic was locked and closed due to my team member leaving. I was therefore allowed to start this new topic (because my team member had been in charge of the main post, and therefore would not be updating).

Original Topic was here: http://gmc.yoyogames...pic=534979&st=0

This is the main topic now. Sorry for any confusion.

Ok, thanks for clarifying.

ALWAYS >b3v6o7.jpg< ALWAYS

#8 junhalestone

junhalestone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

@theepicgeno - sorry for the confusion.

Minor updates - version 0.051

- Quick (but major) BugFixes
- Deposit items by clicking on them when near the base, not by pressing Q.

Please try out the game if you like how it looks. I'll try to get an in-game tutorial or 'start tasks' done some time.
Thank you for your interest,
JUN

- Feedback (GMC)

> GameJolt Profile
> SoundCloud Stream

#9 TheUltimate

TheUltimate

Life is Awesome

• GMC Member
  • 1147 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:38 PM

I played this for a couple minutes, and I gotta say, it's pretty cool. There's not much to say that hasn't been said by IKSB already, but I like the little details, like how you lose your weapon if you run into something while holding it. One thing I'd suggest is to be able to use the mouse to attack too. Your player swings around when you move the mouse, and it seems to me like it'd be a pretty useful ability.

Overall, nice job. Hope you finish it. :)

image.png

- Awesome games from around here: Unlimited - Legena: New Dawn - PlanIt - Tinha War - CountAir Strike -

#10 junhalestone

junhalestone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:15 AM

@TheUltimate - thank you for trying the game and leaving feedback :)

I will experiment with using the mouse to attack but I think it might cause problems as a weapon's attack speed would be kind of nullified. I'll try it out, though. It may work with some weapons.

I may also Add alternate attacks for the weapons, like a stab or spin attack.

I'll add a damage stat for the player, too, which you would upgrade on levelling up to increase the damage caused by weapons.

I'm mostly working on big fixes and prevention as well as a few other procedural generation optimisation issues.

Thank you,
JUN

- Feedback (GMC)

> GameJolt Profile
> SoundCloud Stream

#11 junhalestone

junhalestone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

Bump.
New version coming soon. I'm replacing graphics right now - if you're good with graphics then please check the forum here: http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=539195

Thank you.
JUN

- Feedback (GMC)

> GameJolt Profile
> SoundCloud Stream

#12 junhalestone

junhalestone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

New version out now!
Major update - version 0.09

Main Changes:

Version 0.09
- Character speed increased - Now move faster, but removed sprinting (shift no longer does anything).
- Major Fix - Nests now work again. They had been broken for the last version, but now they spawn the relevant number of creatures, etc.
- Added Weapon: Tusk - Dropped instead of a bone when a Tuskus is killed. Like a more powerful, heavier bone. Gives bone.

- Added Scenery: Fire. They release smoke and light up the area at night.
- Wooden items / weapons / tools can now be set on fire. Doing so currently does nothing, but soon will do.

- Replaced a lot of graphics thanks to PWL. Rocks, mining rocks (with ore) and tree stumps have been replaced so far.
- Optimisation with generation and FPS.
- Added Load Progress Screen - numbers and bar used to tell you how far through the generation process the game is.
- Modified Mining System - Rocks now smash when mined too much, releasing lots of spoils.
- Added Weapon: Jewel (can be mined). More common and lighter than Gold, less so than rocks. Worth 1 Gold.
- Gold now worth 3 Gold and much rarer.

- Updated loading screen - now shows planet being generated and zooms in towards base as it progresses.
- Added Help and Options - the menus now work fully.

Edited by junhalestone, 10 May 2012 - 06:56 PM.

- Feedback (GMC)

> GameJolt Profile
> SoundCloud Stream

#13 HelpMyFellowPeople

HelpMyFellowPeople

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 281 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:28 AM

Looking great!
-------------------------
Helping People Since Now!

If you need any help with scripts, ask me and ill try to help you!

~HMFP

#14 junhalestone

junhalestone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:21 PM

Thanks - check back soon :)

- Feedback (GMC)

> GameJolt Profile
> SoundCloud Stream

#15 TheUltimate

TheUltimate

Life is Awesome

• GMC Member
  • 1147 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

It's coming along nicely. Here are a couple more suggestions:
=== The graphics need a little more colour. Right now everything looks dark and dismal, like it's cloudy and about to rain all the time. If it's daytime, everything should be bright and sunny. In fact, if you can make a weather system, it would definitely add to the game. Sometimes it's a nice, sunny day and all the animals are out, and other times there's a torrential downpour, and afterwards you might find a sinkhole with lots of exposed ore in it. That kind of thing.
=== You know what else would be really cool? One of those RTS-style minimaps, where terrain is revealed as you explore new areas.
=== A "drop everything you're holding" button for leaving items in your base would save a lot of time and clicking
=== Save files so you can start a new game while retaining all the stats you've accumulated?
=== Some kind of projectile attack, like throwing the bricks or something so you don't have to go right up to everything to hit it.

image.png

- Awesome games from around here: Unlimited - Legena: New Dawn - PlanIt - Tinha War - CountAir Strike -

#16 junhalestone

junhalestone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:40 AM

@TheUltimate

Thanks for the feedback.
> I'll see if I can make the day time brighter - I'm trying to get new graphics right now (in the graphics forum). Also, I'll try to make day time last longer - it's rarely at its 'maximum brightness'
> A weather system sounds cool - I'll look into it.
> A minimap like that is an awesome idea. I'll see if I can get one made but it may be tricky.
> I'll add a 'drop everything' button soon, but it may cause problems, so I may make it only active near the base.
> Save files - I can add them but they will need to be encrypted and at this stage it may not be worth spending time on that.
> Projectiles are a good idea - I'll add 'throwing current weapon' instead of 'drop' when you press Q.

Thanks,
JUN

- Feedback (GMC)

> GameJolt Profile
> SoundCloud Stream

#17 HelpMyFellowPeople

HelpMyFellowPeople

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 281 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:32 AM

For saving/loading the game, just use
game_save(fname)
and
game_load(fname)

That built in game maker function works great.

~HMFP

#18 junhalestone

junhalestone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:32 PM

@HelpMyFellowPeople
I know - I'm working on a system to allow the save file to work between versions so that players could level up in a beta version and use their level in the final version. This would allow for updates even after the final release.

Thanks,
JUN

- Feedback (GMC)

> GameJolt Profile
> SoundCloud Stream

#19 junhalestone

junhalestone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

Bump.
Please check out the graphics requests for credit rewards here: http://gmc.yoyogames...=0#entry3953439

Want to be a part of this game's team? Just message me.
Positions: [Graphics] ; [sound] ; [music] ; [programming]

Edited by junhalestone, 20 May 2012 - 12:22 PM.

- Feedback (GMC)

> GameJolt Profile
> SoundCloud Stream

#20 junhalestone

junhalestone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

Bump.
Progress is slow at the moment, but hopefully will have a new version soon.

- Feedback (GMC)

> GameJolt Profile
> SoundCloud Stream

#21 faissialoo

faissialoo

I get high on orange

• GMC Member
  • 1372 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:06 PM

can you add more than one base?

cooltext680386545.png
The YYGF subreddit: /r/YYGF

#22 junhalestone

junhalestone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:43 PM

Once there is more to do I will add storehouses which you can build and store materials in so you don't have to keep returning to the base. I don't think it's necessary until there is more to do in the game, though.

Thanks for the idea - it will definitely be added at some point.

- Feedback (GMC)

> GameJolt Profile
> SoundCloud Stream

#23 HelpMyFellowPeople

HelpMyFellowPeople

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 281 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:55 AM

Ok. For the save game, use INI files, named something else. Maybe encrypt them if you dont want people to "mod" or "hack" their saves. It's not overly difficult with INI.

~HMFP

#24 junhalestone

junhalestone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:06 PM

I'm adding new graphics now, and will hopefully get savefiles sorted, but I've discovered that using .INIs to save anything except character stats (ie the entire random planet) could be challenging... Posted Image

- Feedback (GMC)

> GameJolt Profile
> SoundCloud Stream

#25 HelpMyFellowPeople

HelpMyFellowPeople

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 281 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:11 AM

Ill try write up a script to do that if you want. Ive doe it before :P

~HMFP

#26 junhalestone

junhalestone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

@HMFP - that would be brilliant - I'll PM you the details. Thanks.

- Feedback (GMC)

> GameJolt Profile
> SoundCloud Stream

#27 junhalestone

junhalestone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

New Version out now.

Version0.1

Spoiler

Here are some NEW screenshots: Posted Image

Spoiler

Play the game at GameJolt

or
Download from YoYoGames

Edited by junhalestone, 27 May 2012 - 05:08 PM.

- Feedback (GMC)

> GameJolt Profile
> SoundCloud Stream

#28 KOOPA

KOOPA

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 505 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:35 AM

EDIT: the screenshots in the first post are broken D:

EDIT2: Sounds really epic im gonna download this :D

EDIT3: Im not one for sprite designing but Yea Im pretty good with programming but I highlu doubt my programming skills
are anywhere good enough to help with this game

Edited by KOOPA, 29 May 2012 - 08:04 AM.

Currently making games for GameJolt, Itch.io and Google Play!

Click Here for my GameJolt

Rawr

#29 junhalestone

junhalestone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:08 PM

@ Koopa

- I'll add new screenshots - thank you.
- As long as you write in GML and have spare time (or aren't working on a project right now) you might be able to help. If you want to help, just PM me ;)

- Feedback (GMC)

> GameJolt Profile
> SoundCloud Stream

#30 junhalestone

junhalestone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:27 AM

BUMP.
Currently improving the menu and seeing if I can make a tutorial of some sort to make the game easier to understand for new players. New crafting items should come next, too.

- Feedback (GMC)

> GameJolt Profile
> SoundCloud Stream

#31 junhalestone

junhalestone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

BUMP.
New version out soon (with musical updates and a few bug fixes)

- Feedback (GMC)

> GameJolt Profile
> SoundCloud Stream

#32 junhalestone

junhalestone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:47 AM

Bump.
Almost finished with the music and a few new graphics - hopefully a new version soon. (I've been busy so sorry for the delay).

- Feedback (GMC)

> GameJolt Profile
> SoundCloud Stream

#33 Lemoncreme

Lemoncreme

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 178 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

This game looks EPIC!
I'll head over to the graphics thing now.

#34 junhalestone

junhalestone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:17 AM

@Lemoncreme
Thank you! Did you try the game? Have you got any suggestions for features / improvements?
If you wanted to help with graphics, please PM me as the topic has become a bit outdated for various reasons...

Sorry - the new version will be delayed for a day or two as I'm now implementing new AI.

Edited by junhalestone, 06 June 2012 - 11:17 AM.

- Feedback (GMC)

> GameJolt Profile
> SoundCloud Stream

#35 junhalestone

junhalestone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:52 AM

BUMP.
New version out now - version 0.15!

Version 0.15

Re-scripted about half of the game, including the creature AI, so a fairly major update. The game should run more smoothly now and average a higher FPS.

Main Updates:

> Added Adaptive Music - causes the file size to increase slightly (to 11MB) but the music now varies smoothly with the current situation in-game.

> Added difficulty gradient - the further you venture from your base, the higher levels the enemies have and therefore the more danger you are in.

> Re-scripted AI - I re-wrote the entire AI engine for creatures. They have a proper line-of-sight and move more realistically. When hit by weapons, they are knocked away and upon death they are knocked further away and 'explode' in a shadowy effect.

> Added Healthbars - creatures now have healthbars above their heads, so it's easier and quicker to see how effective your attacks are on them.

> Cleaned up a lot of code - the game is more optimised and should run significantly faster.

> Updated Kinesis - works the same, but the engine is faster and more effective. Leaves potential for cool additions later on like anchoring and grappling.

Please leave me feedback with suggestions, bugs or potential improvements for the game - thank you.

- Feedback (GMC)

> GameJolt Profile
> SoundCloud Stream

#36 HelpMyFellowPeople

HelpMyFellowPeople

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 281 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:38 PM

Need to make it when you die, you respawn. And have a penalty for when you die. Like, you lose all your EXP or go down 1 level. So then people will try not to die. Otherwise, looking very good!

~HMFP

#37 junhalestone

junhalestone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:08 AM

@HelpMyFellowPeople
Thank you. I have been told by others to add a respawn, so I will do (I didn't realise the game was difficult but it seems it can be), The idea of losing EXP or another penalty is good - I'll work on it and hopefully get another quick update uploaded soon which implements this.

Thanks,
JUN

- Feedback (GMC)

> GameJolt Profile
> SoundCloud Stream

#38 TheUltimate

TheUltimate

Life is Awesome

• GMC Member
  • 1147 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:50 AM

It's coming along pretty nicely.
One thing I'd really like to see is the ability to tame some of the animals instead of just catching them or beating the stuffing out of them. That way, you can use horses for work, transportation, and for bringing materials back to the base, and the tuskus can be used to guard the base against creatures who try to steal your resources.

image.png

#39 junhalestone

junhalestone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:22 AM

@TheUltimate
I'm glad you liked it.
Using kinesis, you will be able to drag animals back to your base then feed them to tame them. Some creatures will be more difficult to tame. Then, you will be able to ride a creature such as the horse, and use creatures such as the Tuskus for defence. At some point I hope to add a 'hiring' or capturing other people ability, where you can use other people on your team for defence, offence or material gathering.

Thanks for the suggestions - I'll try to implement them somewhere along the line :)
JUN

- Feedback (GMC)

> GameJolt Profile
> SoundCloud Stream

#40 junhalestone

junhalestone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:21 PM

OK - I've uploaded a new version (very minor bug-fixes) but you won't see any noticeable differences. The problem is now gone but I don't want people to exploit it so won't say what it is...

In the meantime please try out the game if you haven't done already. Thank you.
It's now got 107 plays on GameJolt and 31 on the sandbox, so the more feedback I get the more motivated I'll be and the faster I can update things. The sooner you give me ideas, the more chance of them being in the final game. This is because I can program in gaps and scripts ready to be used once I add the content.

Thanks,
JUN

- Feedback (GMC)

> GameJolt Profile
> SoundCloud Stream

#41 junhalestone

junhalestone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:55 PM

Bump.
Should progress fairly quickly over the next couple of days so I'll keep you posted.

- Feedback (GMC)

> GameJolt Profile
> SoundCloud Stream

#42 theg721

theg721

G Dawg

• GMC Member
  • 1959 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:04 PM

Interesting, though I hardly understood any of it. I'd like to see what comes from this.

I noticed a couple of bugs, 1) you can simultaneously wield a Wooden Axe and a Brick, and 2) Entering the base destroys whatever you are wielding.

Also, a quick suggestion; you should be able to retrieve items from the tent.

#43 junhalestone

junhalestone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:23 PM

@theg721
Thanks for the feedback.
I'm adding a tutorial as soon as I have confirmed the main features, as I know that people have difficulty initially understanding it... (so sorry)

In terms of bugs:
1) I am aware of this and it will be fixed as soon as I re-write the weapons engine. The current engine sometimes glitches and allows two weapons to be held. It is not a major issue for an early version so I'm putting off doing anything about it.
2) I'll try to fix this, thanks.

Removing items is essentially being added once the crafting system is updated and improved, but some kind of storage or additional inventory would be cool, I guess.

Thanks,
JUN

- Feedback (GMC)

> GameJolt Profile
> SoundCloud Stream

#44 junhalestone

junhalestone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:43 PM

Bump.
Sorry - I'm adding a tutorial before the next update, so it will be another day or two...

Thank you for trying the game - please leave feedback!
JUN

- Feedback (GMC)

> GameJolt Profile
> SoundCloud Stream

#45 junhalestone

junhalestone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:04 PM

THE GAME NOW HAS OVER 175 PLAYS!

Version 0.18

Main Updates

- Added Tutorial - using the new message system, I have made a tutorial which adapts according to the player's current actions. You can drag, minimize and close each segment of tutorial as you wish.

- Added knockback as a separate stat for weapons - how far a creature is knocked away by a weapon.

- Added respawn - upon death, you can press spacebar to respawn at your base. You lose 50% of your current EXP.

- Made trees turn transparent when the player is near them, so you can see what you're doing.

- Added Message System - allows for tutorial segments to be added, as well as information to be conveyed effecively in digestible snippets.

- Changed Stats system - strength now affects damage as well as lifting heavier weights; speed has been removed and replaced with essence (the energy bar used for kinesis and other things in future).

- Graphical Updates - for the levelup, base interior, crafting, intro menu etc

- Menu and HUD updates - information now appears over certain menu items and it is much clearer.

- Added Weapon Throwing - pressing Q now throws the wielded item at enemies (dealing 50% normal damage).

- Increased pickup range for weapons (so the mouse can be further from the desired weapon).

- Added damage bonus for weapons while they are alight.

- Feedback (GMC)

> GameJolt Profile
> SoundCloud Stream

#46 junhalestone

junhalestone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

Bump.
Sound updates next.

- Feedback (GMC)

> GameJolt Profile
> SoundCloud Stream

#47 junhalestone

junhalestone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:50 PM

Bump.

- Feedback (GMC)

> GameJolt Profile
> SoundCloud Stream

#48 TheUltimate

TheUltimate

Life is Awesome

• GMC Member
  • 1147 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:33 AM

Here's a free trip back to the top of the WIP list for you. I know you've worked hard on this game. :)

image.png

#49 junhalestone

junhalestone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:52 AM

@TheUltimate
Thank you - the game seems to get a fair number of plays, but little feedback in this forum.
Hopefully later in development it will get a bit more attention.

- Feedback (GMC)

> GameJolt Profile
> SoundCloud Stream

#50 junhalestone

junhalestone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

Bump.

- Feedback (GMC)

> GameJolt Profile
> SoundCloud Stream

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows, adventure, beta, 2d