#1 Jools64

Jools64

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 51 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

Isras Wings

Hey guys, this is my entry into GMCJam6.

First off, here is the downloads:
GameJolt
YoYo Games
My Site

As you can imagine there's a few issues with it and not too much content but I'm pretty happy
with what I achived in the 72 hours I had. I made everything from the Graphics, levels and sounds
to the music and gameplay. I hope you guys enjoy it!

EDIT: I have uploaded a fix for the game breaking bug that Raocow ran into and made the collisions nicer.The legs are now not included at all in the overall collision box.
Finally I also fixed one text box.
That's about it!

The game is about a boy called Isra. He's trying to reach the island that Sarah's sitting on
and in order to do that he has to collect feathers to improve his flying ability. Feathers are
hidden around the world and also can be recived as rewards for doing quests.

Please note that you do not need all the feathers to complete the game so if you find your self
struggling with the last few feathers don't worry, just head back and try and fly to Sarah.

Thanks to anyone who leaves feedback. Have fun!

If you wanna see Raocow play the game without doing any quests and then break it then go ahead and watch the video here :laugh: : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFqmONOxIcE&feature=g-u-u

Also here's a video of PNDTutorialDude completing the game 100%.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Drf5CTvDm88

Screen Shots:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Jools64, 15 July 2012 - 12:57 AM.

For all my other games, art, videos and music go here:

www.epihaumut.com

Games that I've made with Game Maker:

Scythe of the Abyss
Isras Wings
Catastrophic Neutralization Rescue

Really Old Stuff

Also known as "Epihaumut"

Formerly forum member "jrgames+"

#2 Kehran

Kehran

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 73 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:37 PM

I also entered in the contest and when i noticed your game i knew it was defiantly competition :P anyway good job and ill try it out

#3 blak

blak

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:41 PM

Holy %$! this looks great!

So cartoon-ish and simple, yet very high quality.

And also made in 72 hours? Impressive, indeed.

#4 orange08

orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2272 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:58 PM

Hey, Jools. Nice game! :D Pretty good for 72 hours. Graphics are great and gameplay was mostly smooth, too. But I don't see any references to the theme (Tranquility) other than the mood of the music. Is there some sort of tie-in at the end? (I couldn't beat it because I couldn't get the tea cup or the feather on the far right in the caves).

-orange

Z8vrE7W.png WRhLqHy.png
"I'm just glad Off-topic isn't being removed. Otherwise I risk actually doing something productive." -RoyTheShort

#5 Jools64

Jools64

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

Thanks very much for the feedback guys.

I also entered in the contest and when i noticed your game i knew it was defiantly competition :P anyway good job and ill try it out

I'll be sure to check yours out too. :P

Holy %$! this looks great!

So cartoon-ish and simple, yet very high quality.

And also made in 72 hours? Impressive, indeed.

Yup, it was pretty rough getting it finished but I'm happy I did. :)

Hey, Jools. Nice game! :D Pretty good for 72 hours. Graphics are great and gameplay was mostly smooth, too. But I don't see any references to the theme (Tranquility) other than the mood of the music. Is there some sort of tie-in at the end? (I couldn't beat it because I couldn't get the tea cup or the feather on the far right in the caves).

Yep, there's a tie in at the end. You don't need to get all the feathers to beat it by the way. I think you only need 9 feathers. ;)

Thanks again!

Edited by Jools64, 01 May 2012 - 03:57 PM.

www.epihaumut.com

Scythe of the Abyss
Isras Wings

Really Old Stuff

#6 orange08

orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2272 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:16 PM

Yep, there's a tie in at the end. You don't need to get all the feathers to beat it by the way. I think you only need 9 feathers. ;)

Thanks again!

Alright, I beat the game. Had 10 feathers.
The feather mechanic, where getting more lets you fly more is really quite similar to a game from the previous Jam (#5). Boximus: http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=530519
In Boximus you collect green energy stuff instead, for your jetpack. Very similar... yeah...

Also, something you might want to keep in mind for next Jam. Just putting in part of the game where someone says something about "Tranquility" is not exactly going by the theme. I have learned this the hard way in some of my early entries to some of the first Jams. ;)

-orange

Z8vrE7W.png WRhLqHy.png
"I'm just glad Off-topic isn't being removed. Otherwise I risk actually doing something productive." -RoyTheShort

#7 Jools64

Jools64

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:24 PM

Alright, I beat the game. Had 10 feathers.
The feather mechanic, where getting more lets you fly more is really quite similar to a game from the previous Jam (#5). Boximus: http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=530519
In Boximus you collect green energy stuff instead, for your jetpack. Very similar... yeah...

Also, something you might want to keep in mind for next Jam. Just putting in part of the game where someone says something about "Tranquility" is not exactly going by the theme. I have learned this the hard way in some of my early entries to some of the first Jams. ;)

-orange

Ah, I didn't know about that. :| Ah well.

The whole ending is what I would describe as tranquil along with the fact there's no enemys in the game nor is there any dramatic story line. It's all supposed to be calming so it fits the theme as far as I'm concerned. ;)

www.epihaumut.com

Scythe of the Abyss
Isras Wings

Really Old Stuff

#8 FAAAEBS

FAAAEBS

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 157 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

Hey i know this topic is over a month old, but has anyone managed to get all 16 feathers? cause i only found 15, and i cant find the last one. I completed all the quests and found that feather in the secret passage in the cave that is next to the ledges with mushrooms, but does anyone know where i can find the last one?

EDIT: Never mind i found it.
Spoiler

Edited by FAAAEBS, 11 June 2012 - 06:01 PM.

#9 Jools64

Jools64

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:52 PM

Thanks for playing it and going to all the effort to 100% it. :)
I'm kinda suprised that people are finding all of them. I realised afterwards that most of my visual cues where very small. ;)

Edited by Jools64, 27 June 2012 - 06:52 PM.

www.epihaumut.com

Scythe of the Abyss
Isras Wings

Really Old Stuff

#10 Koaske

Koaske

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 390 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:36 PM

Awesome game. The music, graphics and the general feel are very well done and fit the game. The exploration element is also well done. You get excited when you get more feathers and can fly higher in the old areas. The clues you give to the player are also good, like that one feather, where you can actually see a glimpse of the secret area by being near it.

My only complaint is that sometimes there are spots where you have to be very careful to not hit the spikes, because there's very little room, the character and his collision mask being quite big.

I managed to get all feathers, btw.

#11 sonosublime

sonosublime

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 280 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:36 AM

I really want to play this. However, whenever I download the game and then try to open it, I get a message saying that the file "seems to be corrupted".
Is there a download link that directs me to a working version of the game?
Posted Image

#12 ZyklonMiraj

ZyklonMiraj

Gorkhali

• GMC Member
  • 330 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:19 AM

Looks cool,downloading...

VIVA LA POTATO!

#13 Jools64

Jools64

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:12 PM

Awesome game. The music, graphics and the general feel are very well done and fit the game. The exploration element is also well done. You get excited when you get more feathers and can fly higher in the old areas. The clues you give to the player are also good, like that one feather, where you can actually see a glimpse of the secret area by being near it.

My only complaint is that sometimes there are spots where you have to be very careful to not hit the spikes, because there's very little room, the character and his collision mask being quite big.

I managed to get all feathers, btw.

Thank you very much. :)

Your right about the collision box, I was rushing for the 72 hour deadline so I didn't realise it was so harsh. I'm gonna upload a fix for that and one other bug in a few minutes.

Good work! I know it's not easy. ;)

I really want to play this. However, whenever I download the game and then try to open it, I get a message saying that the file "seems to be corrupted".
Is there a download link that directs me to a working version of the game?

That's no good. :| Did you try both links?

Edited by Jools64, 15 July 2012 - 12:01 AM.

www.epihaumut.com

Scythe of the Abyss
Isras Wings

Really Old Stuff