• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:00 AM

Divided I Stand
GMC Jam 6 Entry

Download From YYG (2.1MB)

GAMEPLAY TIPS:
-Solar panels will recharge 1 energy per day per panel. Build lots of solar panels early game, and reinforce them.
-When you have a decent charge coming in each day, build energy stores to increase your total charge that you can store.
-You can now save up to build turrets (10 energy to build), and 360 turrets (which cost 20 energy to build), which will help fight off the enemies at night. The more you have, the less work you need to do with the Defender Drone.
-Each time an enemy hits your ground unit at night, you lose 1 energy from your energy store on the right of the HUD. Make it difficult for the enemies to hit you by hiding the Ground Unit in a spiral of ground, but make sure you can get your Defender Drone out.
-Aim to kill the bomb carrier enemys with your Defender Drone, especially the green ones, as they can blast through reinforced ground!

Screenshot2.png

Ejected from your duties as a worker robot, you are now free to build your own peaceful world. All is not well however, as other robots, jealous of your new life seek to destroy you and your tranquil planet. How many days can you survive, in Divided I Stand?
  • Build your own planet!
  • Manage your energy storage and recharge!
  • Defende against enemies with Gun Turrets and your Defender Drone!
  • Update: 12/01/2014 - Online Highscores!
  • Update: 12/01/2014 - Slight GUI update and gameplay balancing.
Controls
DAY:
Left and Right - Move Ground Unit
Up and Down - Navigate Build Menu
Space - Execute selected action on build menu

NIGHT:
Up, Down, Left and Right - Move Defender Drone

Here is the devlog that I kept updated during the making of the game:
Spoiler

Edited by TerraFriedSheep, 12 January 2014 - 01:39 PM.

#2 PetzI

PetzI

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1096 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

It's pretty fun, but it's not very good at teaching the player. The player shouldn't need to guess that F1 brings up the help, and he/she should be taught by the game itself rather than a textbox. Why should I "try to kill as many enemies as possible" with the drone? How is the energy I recharge overnight calculated? The game is kind of unclear on these things, and could really use a sort of tutorial, or at least some more in-game tips. The player might not even realize that you're supposed to use the arrow keys. Also, it needs something that tells you how much energy each thing costs. Having the entire energy bar be red when I don't have enough energy doesn't really tell me how much energy I need.
Posted Image I did not make this game.

Let me know if you're a fan of Makermod or Lugormod!

#3 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:09 PM

It's taken me the best part of two years to get around to doing, but I've finally added a minor update just to finish the game off slighty. I've balanced the gameplay and added online highscores. Nothing major but it's nice to get done :)