Traversia is a game that's sort of like Animal Crossing...You can plant flowers, saplings, and other objects, as well as fish and catch bugs. When the game is complete, you'll be able to farm, have your own house with furniture, and lots more.
- YoYo Games: http://sandbox.yoyog...98245-traversia
- Host-a.net: http://www.host-a.ne...a/Traversia.exe
- File Size: 10.7 MB
- GM Version: 8.1
- Mouse - Move Cursor
- Left Mouse Button - Move/Enter
- Right Mouse Button - Use Item/Interact
- Mouse Wheel - Scroll through items
- RhysAndrews for the Game Cave Effects Engine 3 (Used for the splash screen in all of my games).
- Zekka for the amazing music in the game.
- SuperMarioMaster91 for the base player sprites. He's a friend of mine, and made them a while back. I just spruced them up a bit. :D
- Nintendo for the sound effects for The Legend of Zelda (Placeholders until I can make my own sound effects)
Sort of going with a simplistic style with this. Not really sticking to any specific spriting/palette or anything, but yeah.
The game takes some elements from games like Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon, where you can plant flowers, trees, etc., as well as fish, catch bugs, and just roam around.
The game also has weather (Rain/snow/sun), as well as the 4 seasons. It's just a fun little game to play when you want to relax...
There aren't many bugs or fish yet, as I didn't have time to add everything I wanted, but I'm going to continue developing this after the Jam as well. When I continue developing it, I'm going to make it more like Animal Crossing/Harvest Moon, with houses, farming, etc.
Some other things I should note:
When the cursor is red, that means you can't use the item you have out. You can save your game by going to the save pad near the end of the river and pressing the right mouse button. I'm going to have this stuff explained in-game eventually.
Also, there's a cool little surprise if you wait on the title screen for a while.
- Check out Forstride Productions on Facebook, or follow me on Twitter.
Edited by Yagibabla, 03 May 2012 - 11:07 PM.