10 replies to this topic

#1 Ashley Phoenix

Ashley Phoenix

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 408 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:30 PM

Okay so I'm making a minecraft game based on the Heroes of might and magic games, I'm currently working on the in-game stuff and how you would build up your army.

I'm wondering what buildings I should use to represent the mobs' "homes."

Such as Caves, a forest, a castle, and anything else you can come up with.

Obviously there isn't too many mobs in the official minecraft version, so I'm thinking about mobs that I could also create, as well as what you think I should put into the game.

So what I need ideas on:

1)What buildings should represent each mob(such as a skeleton, zombie, creeper, spider, etc.)

2)What mobs you think I should add, and where they should be recruited from. (their "homes")

If you need any more information, or maybe you just want to ask a question, then please feel free.

What I've got so far:

Zombie from forest. Done.

Skeleton from a graveyard Done.

a creeper from a dark cave.

a spider from a nest.

a vampire from a castle.

a slime from a sewer pipe.

a wolf from a den.

a python from a tree.

a ghost from a tower. Done.

an ender dragon from a lair.

Edited by Ashley Phoenix, 31 May 2012 - 08:57 PM.

#2 Ashley Phoenix

Ashley Phoenix

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 408 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

Still looking for suggestions...

Edited by Ashley Phoenix, 02 May 2012 - 03:33 PM.

#3 Yal

Yal

Gun Princess

• Global Moderators
  • 6966 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

So your question is something along the lines of "What sort of house do a skeleton live in? What sort of house do a slime live in?"

I'd imagine they'd live in ruins for a start. A slime would live in a sewerage pipe filled with slime, a vampire would live in a castle ruin, and a skeleton would be buried at a graveyard (together with his zombie buddies) and then come up and have rave parties at full moon.

Imagine a little bit.

Also, if that kinda stuff is only for recruiting enemies and not give the player any information about how the enemy lives, you could consider just letting the player recruit enemies mid-battle by offering money/food/other nice stuff to the enemy, or maybe using Jedi Mind Trick on them or something. Likely less work for you, and it lets the player convert and recruit enemies he goes "Whoa! Cool!" at without having to consult a city map first.

#4 Ashley Phoenix

Ashley Phoenix

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 408 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:06 PM

So your question is something along the lines of "What sort of house do a skeleton live in? What sort of house do a slime live in?"

I'd imagine they'd live in ruins for a start. A slime would live in a sewerage pipe filled with slime, a vampire would live in a castle ruin, and a skeleton would be buried at a graveyard (together with his zombie buddies) and then come up and have rave parties at full moon.

Imagine a little bit.

Also, if that kinda stuff is only for recruiting enemies and not give the player any information about how the enemy lives, you could consider just letting the player recruit enemies mid-battle by offering money/food/other nice stuff to the enemy, or maybe using Jedi Mind Trick on them or something. Likely less work for you, and it lets the player convert and recruit enemies he goes "Whoa! Cool!" at without having to consult a city map first.

Thank you for your reply, however I would like it if you would leave the silly jokes out of this topic. This topic is for people to maybe create a mob of their own and have it put into the game, as well as where they should be recruited from.

As for your question over the mid-battle recruiting, I don't think that would fit in my game, but thanks for the input.

Sorry if I sound horrible, I don't mean to be. :)

Edited by Ashley Phoenix, 03 May 2012 - 03:17 PM.

#5 Archaeaologist

Archaeaologist

GMC Member

• 111 posts
  • Version:Mac

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

I'm not sure I understand why you'd recruit a zombie from a forest and a skeleton from a castle. Wouldn't it make more sense to recruit them from haunted mansions or graveyards or burial mounds? At any rate, I'm not sure how much I can contribute since I don't play Minecraft, but here are just a few ideas: Dragon from a Lair, Eagle from a Precipice, Gnome from a Garden, Wolf from a Den, Bogeyman from a Closet, Python from a Tree.

#6 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 19925 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:14 PM

AshleyPheonix, I wouldn't take yourself quite so seriously... This is a good forum to be on, and if people poke fun at you, then laugh it off! There were certainly no mean intentions behind Yal's comment and I do think that she has answered your question well, and not with sarcasm as you seem to think, but with humour and pointing the direction as to where you could go with your idea. You chose to take offence and say that her comment was a "silly joke", which then sets you up for other people to come along and add to the topic, making you get crosser and then it repeats until the whole topic is just people saying nonsense and you getting upset! Yal really knows her stuff, and takes this forum VERY seriously so please don't think she's being sarcastic when all she was doing was replying in a light hearted manner...

PS: Cleaned up the topic!

#7 Ashley Phoenix

Ashley Phoenix

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 408 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

AshleyPheonix, I wouldn't take yourself quite so seriously... This is a good forum to be on, and if people poke fun at you, then laugh it off! There were certainly no mean intentions behind Yal's comment and I do think that she has answered your question well, and not with sarcasm as you seem to think, but with humour and pointing the direction as to where you could go with your idea. You chose to take offence and say that her comment was a "silly joke", which then sets you up for other people to come along and add to the topic, making you get crosser and then it repeats until the whole topic is just people saying nonsense and you getting upset! Yal really knows her stuff, and takes this forum VERY seriously so please don't think she's being sarcastic when all she was doing was replying in a light hearted manner...

PS: Cleaned up the topic!

1) Thanks for cleaning up the topic.

2)Although I see where your coming from, I wasn't looking for a joke. I was simply looking for help, and as you can see from my third post, I did not react in a harsh manner, nor in a mean one. It was only after other people started posting with nothing better to do, that I got annoyed.

Again, sorry to YAL, if I sounded mean.

#8 The Furox

The Furox

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:37 AM

Enderdragon lives in a big ugly obsidian tower!

#9 Ashley Phoenix

Ashley Phoenix

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 408 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:08 PM

Enderdragon lives in a big ugly obsidian tower!

Thanks! I totally forgot about the Enderdragon, probably going to have to size it down though. ;)

#10 Robo1019786

Robo1019786

GMC Member

• 4 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:32 PM

Okay so I'm making a minecraft game based on the Heroes of might and magic games, I'm currently working on the in-game stuff and how you would build up your army.

I'm wondering what buildings I should use to represent the mobs' "homes."

Such as Caves, a forest, a castle, and anything else you can come up with.

Obviously there isn't too many mobs in the official minecraft version, so I'm thinking about mobs that I could also create, as well as what you think I should put into the game.

So what I need ideas on:

1)What buildings should represent each mob(such as a skeleton, zombie, creeper, spider, etc.)

2)What mobs you think I should add, and where they should be recruited from. (their "homes")

If you need any more information, or maybe you just want to ask a question, then please feel free.

What I've got so far:

Zombie from forest. Done.

Skeleton from a graveyard Done.

a creeper from a dark cave.

a spider from a nest.

a vampire from a castle.

a slime from a sewer pipe.

a wolf from a den.

a python from a tree.

a ghost from a tower. Done.

an ender dragon from a lair.

Maybe you should add the spider in a spider cave like the abandoned mineshafts. And the creeper should come from a blown out castle of some sort with a TNT throne...

#11 Robo1019786

Robo1019786

GMC Member

• 4 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

Like makeshift wasteland type castle for the creepers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users